“Perfect Stay in Sedona”

Southwest Inn at Sedona
Ranked #27 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Reviewed 24 November 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Southwest Inn for 4 nights. We paid $149/night and felt that it was a very good value. The room was huge! We really enjoyed the gas fireplace. The bathroom was very spacious and the jacuzzi tub was perfect for relaxing after all the hiking we did. We both found the king bed to very comfortable. The flat screen TV was a good size. I found the location of the inn to be great. Some people complained that because it is in West Sedona, that the inn is a little out of the way. I found this to be untrue. The main hub of Sedona, although has all the shops and a decent selection of restaurants, was a little too touristy for my taste. I can't imagine not having a car in Sedona so if you do it doesn't matter where in Sedona you stay because the activities are pretty spread out. Breakfast was more than your continental fare and included burritos and waffles. There is a great deli in the lot next to the inn called the Euro Deli that sells breakfast and lunch items as well. There are also some restaurants nearby too if one doesn't want to drive. Another issue some people complained about which we were a little worried about was the "highway noise". When I think highway I think of the Grand Central or LIE. Yes, the inn off of the main road 89A which I guess is considered a highway. Regardless, we did not hear a pin drop the whole time there. We did not use their pool because it was a little cold during our visit. The also have a nice sized hot tub for guests to use. Overall, the Southwest Inn was exactly what we were looking, a quiet cozy room for a great value.

My only minor minor complaint....I bought myself one of those adorable cowboy boot keychains as a keepsake and it broke just hanging on my key rack.

1  Thank evenstar944

Reviewed 17 November 2010

great front desk! helpful tips and suggestions. very clean, very attractive and convenient. the only thing i had to get used to was the front desk closed at 9 so you had to make sure everything you needed was done before then. not a big problem to handle with a little planning ahead. i love the decor and how knowledgeable the staff was. they had plush terry cloth bathrobes for my husband and i. my son asked if he could have one too and they gladly obliged. very kid friendly also. nice, smallish pool and the jacuzzi was also a hit :). the free breakfast was loaded with many, many choices. gave the hotel almost a b&b feel.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 November 2010

We loved the Southwest Inn. The rooms were comfortable with corner fireplaces, duvets on the beds and a great view of the red rocks of Sedona. The continental breakfast was served in a roomy setting, also with a great view. The menu included a hot cereal, waffle, boiled eggs, yogurt, bagels and english muffins which was plenty for us each day. I cannot say enough nice things about the staff. They were always warm, friendly and went out of their way to be helpful. We arrived tired on a rainy cold night. They not only recommended places to eat nearby but also offered to call and make dinner reservations for us. We had a planned tour with the Pink Jeep Company the next morning. They called and arranged for us to be picked up at the Inn. They could not have been more hospitable. I am definitely recommending the Southwest Inn to friends and family!

Reviewed 3 November 2010

We had a king jacuzzi room on the bottom floor. The room was spotless and had everything in it to be comfortable. Loved the jacuzzi after a day's hiking as well as the robes to lounge in. The room had a small patio area with a table and two chairs where you could enjoy a snack or coffee while enjoying the view. Yes, it overlooks the parking lot, but there really isn't much traffic because the place just isn't that big.

We enjoyed the breakfast in the room above the lobby. Didn't try out the computer room. The Inn is located on the west side of Sedona not right in the middle of everything, which I believe is a good thing. Sedona just isn't that big to matter about driving distances.

The only minor complaint was that the room closet was so dark I couldn't see the contents of my suitcase. But, that is a small complaint. Overall, I would stay here again. The nearby Safeway is new and has anything you could possibly need to stock the small frig in the room. No microwave, however.

Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2010

I met my best friend for a long weekend and we were not looking for anything fancy so selected Southwest Inn after reading the reviews on TA and based on price compared to other hotels. This was our first trip to Sedona and we really enjoyed it!

If you are looking for a resort then don't stay here-I'm not sure why some of the reviewers are complaining b/c it's not advertised as a full service resort. Sedona is pretty small and "T" shaped but easy to get around. We found the location convenient. We rented a car so easy to see the surrounding sites and get to the center of town. It is NOT walking distance though but we were aware of that. Parking is also free in town. There is a Safeway just down the street if you need snacks, drinks, etc and they do have a small fridge in the room.

We enjoyed breakfast-loved the burritos. It was a nice change from the greasy foods you tend to get as part of a hotel breakfast!

The front desk folks were also very helpful with places to eat around town, directions, etc.

While they don't have a spa, there is a masseuse that the hotel works with and she will come to the room. My friend got a massage and said it was one of the best! Her name was Chris and would highly recommend doing that.

They do offer free internet both upstairs from the lobby on their computers or in your room so you can print boarding passes, etc w/o a fee.

The only complaint I would have (if any) is we had a downstairs unit and we could hear the people upstairs-They walked around late at night and very early in the mornings. This was minor though and would not deter me from staying again or recommending to others...I would just book the upstairs unit next time :)

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 October 2010

My husband and I stayed in a second floor Mission King suite, which was a good move. You can see more of the red rocks from the small balcony. If you're looking for 24-room service and concierge service, don't go here. It's small and the front desk and lobby close at 9 PM. For the pros: The inn was nicely run and with same two people at the front desk, they got to know who we were and they were very helpful with information about the Sedona area. The king bed was comfortable, the small refrigerator was nice to have, there were nice robes to wear, and the bathroom was very large with lots of nice towels. On the con side: although the room was very nice, I wouldn't call it a suite exactly, in that there were two rooms and that included the bathroom. Speaking of the bathroom, there weren't any hooks to hang up towels or the aforementioned robes, so that was a bit inconvenient. These, however, were relatively minor. The biggest con was that their WiFi service was spotty. Granted, this was a couple of days after they had record hail storms, so that may have something to do with that. We did say something and the management was very apologetic about it and gave us Starbucks gift card to make up for the inconvenience. All in all, though, we had a great time in Sedona.

Reviewed 10 October 2010

because compared to the pricing of decent lodging in the area this place was a great find. Extremely well kept, spotless with very attentive staff. The first place when arriving from the south, it's away from the busier activity up farther, but not too far away from anything. The sidewalks roll up around 10pm, a smattering of places 12am.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple