“Great Atmosphere!”

Oak Creek Terrace Resort
Ranked #43 of 49 Hotels in Sedona
Reviewed 12 March 2014

We stayed overnight for a quick pre-honeymoon getaway after our wedding and loved the privacy, updated room decor and total atmosphere of the resort! Gorgeous grounds on the creek and lovely in-suite jet tub with fireplace and private balcony-- delightful! We will be back again!! Priced very reasonable!

• Stayed: March 2014

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Stayed here after reading good reviews on tripadvisor. Definitely had a nice stay, rooms are a tad small, but clean. Jacuzzi was great and location by the creek is great. Great value for the price. Will definitely stay here again when i return to Sedona...

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 7 March 2014

We found oak creek terrace to be Very affordable for a wedding on a budget for sure. Staff was accomodating, and what a beautiful spot to have a wedding. Right on the creek there is a lovely a frame cabin we stayed in. Will definitely be going back there.had an amazing time with family and friends.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Anastasia T
Reviewed 5 March 2014

We found this place to be really nice. The staff was helpful and very nice and the price was definately reasonable. We were given a "red rock pass" to use while we were there. We were in room 15 and found it to be clean and comfortable and looked like the pictures on the website. No surprises! I've read about hot water issues in the shower but we did not have that problem at all! The bed was very comfortable too.The rooms were all full and yet we heard nothing from the rooms next door. The property is well taken care of. We will definately recommend this place and we will definately return there.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

We loved this place! The office staff was pleasant and very accommodating. We can't wait to go back when everything is in bloom! The room was average.. The lack of space I can deal with, but the dishes weren't clean and when we moved the couch to make sure we had packed everything.. Someone else's lingerie was underneath. Overall though we thought it was great. We enjoyed every second we were there. Having our own grill and patio was awesome. It's quiet, peaceful and relaxing! We will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Fricknfrack420
Reviewed 7 February 2014

This place is horrible. The front desk person, Julie was really rude, condescending, and hung up on me after placing me on hold twice. I would advise for a change in personnel. I wanted to cancel my trip and the girl first kept putting me on hold. Then she would pick up the call and put me on hold again. After she finally spoke to me she asked me what I wanted yet again and without saying a word, put me on hold yet again. She came back, giggling she told me she would email me a cancellation email later. I requested she email it to me immediately and provide a cancellation number. I had to request it twice.

5  Thank Traveler892014
OakCreekTerrace, Owner at Oak Creek Terrace Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

We are so sorry for your experience with us trying to cancel your reservation. At this moment we are at the start of the busy season and experiencing a high volume of calls and only have one person answering at this moment. Again sorry for your experience.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

Looked nice online, but our room (#5) was so small we would have had to place our bags on the floor and step over them. Our TV was on a shelf almost 6 feet up, and it was leaning up so the angle from the bed was unwatchable.

We moved to a larger unit (#14) for an additional $60 / per night.

The carpet is very old and worn. I am sure the Jacuzzi in the room adds to the odor in the rooms because the carpet gets wet...

The tile on the walls and fireplace look like a teenager glued them to the walls. Terrible craftsmanship. In fact, they painted the ceiling in our room, and never taped off the lights, only painting about 2" around them. The different shades make even that look shabby.

Add the old carpet, bad tile job, and poor paint job, the rooms look and are below average.

We went down to the creek as from our room it looked cool to see a swing embedded in the creek so you can sit with water flowing below you. Until we actually got close and seen that the fabric seat to the swing was torn and was hanging in the water... yikes!

Add in the view of the (what seemed to be) abandoned trailers sitting only 20 yards away at the edge of the creek, reminded me of the scene from Vacation... This room is your Aunt Edna....

The staff was very nice here, no complaints at all with them.

I read others had hot water problems, we did not have that experience. Water was fine.

For the price we paid for what is an ailing, older hotel, could have been spent at a better place.

My advice to the owner, spend some money on some upkeep and update the rooms, and hire a qualified contractor to do the work.

3  Thank Huge321