“Horrible owners, terrible service”
Review of Slide Rock Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sedona
Slide Rock Lodge
Ranked #19 of 21 Speciality Lodging in Sedona
Reviewed 12 October 2013

NEVER STAY HERE. The owners of this joint are callous, mean, and rude to all their customers. They could care less about your comfort, your feelings, or anything other than the money that they could get from you. During our stay we not only felt personally affected by their poor attitude but we firsthand watched them treat about eight different people with varying degrees of inconsiderate comments and actions. Add this poor service into the dirty rooms, thin walls, and constant traffic noise and I would say this is the worst hotel in the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Emily W
There are newer reviews for Slide Rock Lodge

Reviewed 11 August 2013

After reading the negative reviews and then staying at the Lodge, I decided to write my own. My husband, son, and I were looking to get out of the heat of Phoenix. We've never been to Sedona but wanted to - it was great. We were out of the way - out of cell coverage - very small tv but the location is great - quick enough to run into Sedona to eat or drive to the Out of Africa wildlife park which we also did. It's very simple but it was very clean. I want my son to understand that constant access and constant connection isn't always the best. We slowed down and spent a fun weekend together. If you're looking for pizzazz and entertainment with a 42" flat screen - this is not your place. We loved it. I would recommending bringing a small coffee pot if that's your thing too.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Lovinpugs
Reviewed 13 July 2013

I booked this place on a whim spur of the moment weekend/day trip.....then got scared because I looked it up and saw a lot of bad reviews. When we arrived though the property was beautiful! Cabins are gogeous surrounded by green!!! Loved it! Room was standard and did not have a tv, but we went to be outside anways. There wasn't cell service, but it really was nice, to just be away from EVERYTHING! Service was great, very plesant. There was no air conditioning though, which really isn't a deal breaker, there is a ceiling fan, but it rattled all night, so I would recommend bringing a fan if you visit. I took alot of pictures, because upon looking on the website and reviews I couldn't find any. It was not dirty and smelly as I had read either.There is a creek across the road, and you can walk to Slide Rock and not have the 20 dollar parking fee. I loved this place, so all of you who wrote bad reviews..... you just can't hang without your technology!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bo R
Reviewed 18 May 2013

Want to get off the grid but yet be near the grid, then Slide Rock Lodge is the place to be, Spent two nights there and found it to be a quaint and relaxing environment. Far enough out of town to allow for wonderful star gazing and close enough to Slide Rock Park to walk and enjoy the scenery. The owners of the Inn are personable and makes you feel like family. Rooms are very warm and inviting with fire place and cozy furniture that invites relaxation. I would recommend this lovely establishment to anyone that wants a weekend of decompression to book a room and let the hectic life style pass you by for a couple of days.

Signed: Mack & Deb

Room Tip: Room #1 is ideal for star gazing has it own patio. Room #5 is a suite.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2013 via mobile

Nice place, love to stay a half day . Take pics relax and hike. 10.00 fee. So nice out right now. Jump in or slide. Some big trout as well. Can't even tell there was a fire 8 years ago. Water shoes ate a plus plus

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 25 March 2013

While making our way to Sedona from the Grand Canyon, our two families needed a place to stay. We had called several hotels in the area, and no one had two rooms available. So we pulled into the Slide Rock Lodge. The owner said she had plenty of rooms, that should have been our first clue. After entering the room, we found to small queens beds, that definitely needed to be replaced. No TV, no wifi, or no supplies for the bathroom, other than bar soap. If your looking for a place that might be considered one notch above camping, the Slide Rock might work for you. The surrounding area is beautiful, just don't expect great or even good accommodations. From what I saw the entire resort needs major updating. I can't recommend the Slide Rock, now will I stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Bill W
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Don't expect much from this small little lodge located in the beautiful hills of Sedona. After a week camping through the Grand Canyon it was nice to hit a cozy little cabin style lodge while nestling in Sedona for a quick 2 day stop. The owners Joann and Andy seemed very friendly when arriving and offered some great sightseeing options through Sedona. Things took a turn around when asked to have the TV in our room looked at. It was not working on our first night and later found out that the owners didn't turn the power to the TV (probably to save money). On the second night, our TV was still not working and Andy refused move my friend and I into a new room when there was only 1 other guest staying at the entire lodge! He said that they would be loosing money if they were to change our room and that we would have to suffer with no TV for the entire night. Apparently, this place only has 6 rooms with TV, it has no internet connection, no alarm clock or radio, no breakfast, no bathroom amenities, no service telephone (or phone for that matter) nor customer service. After a week camping my friend and I were really looking forward to curling up in bed with some TV and possible internet and unfortunately this place offered none of the above. The owners were unsympathetic and didn't offer any solution to our problem when they had other rooms with functioning TV's. Andy pretty much laid it out that it comes down to money and not customer service. I work for Starwood hotels and I expected a lot better service especially when I had found out Joann worked for the Hilton chain for many years. This is a great place for anyone looking for a basic room with a bed and limited services. Although, the owners do come across as friendly, their main priority is making money and sadly not about making their guests comfortable and happy.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a functioning TV if it is important to you.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends