“Great place just make sure you don’t over pay”
Review of Enchantment Resort

Enchantment Resort
Ranked #9 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Reviewed 3 August 2011

I am over 50 () and traveled the world quite a bit. This is the place for a quiet retreat, great location, very nice facility, Sedona is the best, and the Spa is top notch, one comment: the onsite local restaurant over price and food so-so. Beautiful location for a romantic and quiet retreat

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ChuckLu

Reviewed 2 August 2011

I'll start with the positive: the views were unreal (the canyons,double rainbows, amazing thunderstorms), and the cart boys/bellboys were spectacular. the massage was the best of my life, and the spa pool is delightful.
Now for the parts that are basics at a Best Western but were missing from Enchantment: No shampoo or conditioner in the shower...no blow dryer...no ice...no one knowing our name when we called the front desk to request a cart. poor plumbing (no water pressure in the bathroom, a running toilet for days). Missed turn down service. rude front desk. and the icing on the cake: they don't keep your credit card secure. The concierge, with zero authorization from us as the card holder, rattled the entire thing off over the phone to hold a reservation.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
17  Thank TravelingTruths
Reviewed 2 August 2011

Enchantment is located in a secluded canyon with the most gorgeous red rock views all around. The staff is friendly, the Casitas have everything you could possibly need, including I-pod docking stations, a mini fridge, eating utensils etc. The bedding is soft and comfy with good quality linens and pillows. The bathrooms are modern with nice, big shower stalls. I couldn't find fault with anything. This is a 5 star resort all the way and yes, it is pricey, but worth every cent! FYI, as the resort is in a canyon, you may have spotty cell-phone reception.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank nwmouse
Reviewed 2 August 2011

This is SUCH a terrific place. You see, I'm not a desert person. I'm a tall trees/beach person. Enchantment made me a convert. I never realized red rocks could be so stunning. And what a wonderful place to enjoy the canyon. Enchantment Resort is so peaceful and quiet but can be as thrilled packed as you want it. I was ready for a rest and that's what I got. The service is incomparable. Its attentive and thoughtful without being intrusive. The check-in sets the tone for your visit and its perfect. You couldn't ask for more. I was traveling alone and felt incredibly comfortable and secure here. The rooms are lovely. I was upgraded to a Jr. Suite. The bathroom was modern and had anything you wanted. I ate dinner at the casual restaurant and breakfast too. Both meals were delicious with prompt and seamless service. I also had a treatment at Mii Amo and it deserves every rave review its received. The exercise classes were challenging but not impossible or discouraging. The locker room faciities were also very clean and had everything you could want. There was a Chopra retreat going on at the resort and there didn't seem to be any negative ( overcrowding) impact on the facilities at all. I only wish my schedule would have allowed me to stay longer.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Hous2n
Reviewed 1 August 2011

We were at the resort for five days, and from the moment we arrived to the moment we left, it was a wonderful experience. The casita was beautifully appointed, down to every detail, and the entire setting was gorgeous, peacefully nestled in the surrounding natural beauty of the red rocks. I enjoyed the variety of activities like hiking, mountain biking, classes, including the more spiritual offerings. The spa itself - architecturally exquisite - was an oasis of beauty and peace, and the massages we got were very good. We will be back for another vacation that soothes one's soul.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2011

I came here with my family on a business trip. This resort is overpriced. First off, I must admit that the staff was extremely friendly and the location was BEAUTIFUL. However, the hotel room that I stayed in lacked basic amenities that you can find at a Holiday Inn. For example, there is no refrigerator unless you pay an extra $20/day. I have a young toddler who requires refrigerated milk. In addition, we ordered room service the first night and much to our dismay, we were slapped with a $45 bill for 2 cheeseburgers. They also charged an extra $20 baggage fee to bring our bags to our room--which was mandatory by the way--to bring our bags about 15 feet! The resort restaurants charged exorbitant fees for basic food items. Also, I had requested a hotel room close to my business partner and it ended up that our rooms were on complete opposite sides of the resort. Finally, the hotel's wi-fi speed was horrible. The only way I could access decent internet service was to sit outside. I doubt we will be returning to this to hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank branshuga
Reviewed 31 July 2011

The hotel itself is set in one of the most beautiful places on Earth! It is surrounded by the Red Rocks against a giant blue sky, simply amazing. But, the hotel doesn't rely on this to be enough. They go out of their way to make sure that your stay in their resort is a wonderful experience. The staff stands as a team, each one accepting their responsibility to make you feel welcome and special. Even the cleaning and maintenance staff goes out of their way to say hello. Everywhere you turn someone is cleaning, repairing, asking if there is something they can do for you, or fussing over the grounds. Our room was spacious and clean and very comfortable. We had a 2 bed casita with separate sink area and separate shower/tub and toilet area and sliding doors with small patio with table and chairs. The room had a nice bar area with single cup serving coffee and free bottled water every nite at turndown. Our girls loved getting the complimentary bucket of icy orange juice outside the door every morning! There is so much to do! Your resort fee includes use of the amazing Mii Amo spa facility, guided hikes, tennis instruction, art classes, Native American culture walks and lessons, bikes for trail rides and so much more. The food is great with a nice variety. Even the food around the pool was delicious. Our favorite meal was a late night candlelight dinner outside on the patio at the Yavapai restaurant. This is the perfect resort for a balance of activities and relaxation!

Room Tip: We loved our room but we heard that they are in the process of redoing all the rooms so maybe ask fo...