“Sedona perfection.”
Review of Enchantment Resort

Enchantment Resort
Ranked #8 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Reviewed 16 June 2012

We had only one night to spend in Sedona and chose to spend it at the Enchantment Resort in Boynton Canyon. I would highly recommend this resort. The rooms are located in small casita's dotted across the compound. All of the rooms we saw had their own balconies. We splurged and had an entire casita to ourselves with its very own infinity pool and outdoor fireplace looking out over red rock canyon walls and desert forest. Our casita had a great master bedroom, large living room with an indoor firelplace and pullout out couch, two full baths and a eat in kitchen. The accomodations were very nice but for us, it was all about the private pool and outdoor fireplace. If you don't want to spring for the private pool, the resort has two beautiful common pools with fantastic views of the canyon, two excellant restaurants, one with outdoor seating,and a bar and grill with a firepit and more fantastic views. There is a well rated spa, lots of tennis courts and family activities but we preferred to hike the area. The staff was extremely friendly. We could have spent a week here! PS No cellphone service in the canyon but free wifi throughout.

Room Tip: The casitas with the private pool and outdoor fireplace were pricey, but worth it. It would be alot...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Enchantment Resort

Reviewed 6 June 2012

This is such a wonderfully relaxing environment; perfect to end any vacation in Sedona. The canyon is amazing and energizes you. The spa is so incredibly relaxing and the food at the spa is very fresh (and they cater to gluten free). We ate everywhere but the main pool and enjoyed all the food. They are very adaptable to different dietary requirements, though the spa is most open to being creative. The rooms can be a tad gloomy, so if you are looking for a room with a view, choose carefully as you may need to stretch to see the rocks. We spent most of our time outside on the trails and at the spa.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Recently stayed at Enchantment and visited Mi Amo often during the stay. As many have said here on TripAdvisor, the location/site is indeed breathtaking. As such there is the potential here for having the number 1 resort in the country. But a few areas need improvement before that can happen. My biggest peeve was the main pool area at Enchantment. It is in a beautiful setting, the pool itself is very nice, but it is marred by blasting music that is at times hip hop and rock. The music simply does not match the setting nor the types of people staying at the resort. If the resort is trying to attract teenagers and 20 year olds to hang out at the pool, then it is doing a good job by having this music blare all day. Why not instead just pipe in the relaxing music playing up at Che a Che?
Another thing about the pool at Enchantment is that there is hardly any food/beverage service. For a resort of this caliber, somebody should walk by every so often and ask if one would like a drink or food. This is what is done at the pool at MiAmo (where Justin does a great job by the way). My only problem with the MiAmo pool is that the ground tiles are extremely hot to walk on (why don't they install the same cool tiles as at the main Enchantment pool?) and the crew is very slow to skim the pool water when it is filled with debris.
As to the food overall, some of it was excellent and the rest was very good. The service was very friendly and prompt enough but it needs to be more polished and better trained to get up to Four Seasons standards. For example, when one diner finishes his plate, the server should wait until the other diner finishes as well before picking up any plates.
Final recommendation: have some live music at night until at least 11 pm so that people can congregate and enjoy the beautiful terrace areas after dinner.
Overall, though, this resort is worthy of a visit!

Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank dave s
Reviewed 4 June 2012

My best friend and I visited Enchantment Resort for four nights in May. As two moms who live in different cities, we were looking for a place to relax, feel pampered and truly experience the magic of Sedona. Enchantment lived up to all of our expectations and then some. We got a Casita with two queen beds and it was perfect for us. The beds and linens were super-comfy, the bathroom was huge and had everything we needed plus we had a little sitting area with a fireplace and a private patio. My only wish was that we had a clear view of the Red Rocks from our patio but it was surrounded by trees which was fine as it afforded a bit more privacy. Our room was quiet and we were a short walk from the spa and the Clubhouse/Lobby (or if we did not feel like a walk, we called for a golf cart which was always driven by a friendly and helpful staff member). We did dine at three of the restaurants, all of which were tasty and had outdoor seating to take in the views. Mii Amo Spa was amazing; we both had two treatments which we raved to each other about and took advantage of the pools, the sauna and the hot tubs.

One of the best things about Enchantment Resort was the location. It's an incredibly gorgeous (but easy) 15 minute drive into Sedona and nestled right in stunning Boynton Canyon. We really felt like we got to absorb the beauty and energy of the Red Rocks and it made our trip all the more special to be surrounded by them all the time. There are hiking trails right outside the resort grounds which made for easy access to really lovely hikes and views.

Although the rates are more than I usually spend while traveling, this is one place where I was happy to have spent the money and would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 June 2012

I cannot recommend this resort highly enough! The breathtaking dramatic landscape that surrounds you is pure magic. The resort was a great escape for a girls weekend escape with my bffs. We had a suite that had two queen beds and a very comfortable couch (if you like firm). The couch did not pull out into a bed, but it would definitely fit a 5' to 5'8 person(of normal weight) comfortably.

We hiked the canyon and climbed to the top of the "vortex." The temperatures were much cooler than Phoenix, and we even needed a light jacket (like fleece) at night. There are daily activities that you can enjoy, like morning stretch, gentle yoga, golf and tennis clinics, hike the rocks, moutain bike--many more. These activities are covered with your stay. You can also enjoy the facilities at the Mii Amo Spa on the property. It's a very serene and beautiful spa. We had treatments there, both of the spiritual sort (because Sedona is a very spiritual area) and traditional massages and facials.

The hotel is pricey! But we felt that we truly received our money's worth.

Room Tip: We stayed in room #268. We liked being so close to the spa and the entrance to the hiking trail. Def...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 June 2012

Mostly this was a peaceful and deluxe experience. I did have problems with an incredibly noisy AC unit outside my room which the staff tried to adjust to no avail. Other than that, the experience was beautiful and the grounds, facilities, and activities were lovely. My main complaint was that it felt like Native American cultures were rolled together indiscriminately in some activities into some kind of new age mish mash. However, that was in 2010, and their website indicates this issue has been vastly improved. But I can see that they STILL have that ridiculous teepee! Totally weird, out of place and inappropriate in AZ. It reeks of exploitation. I was also really bummed that the spa doesn't offer pedicures.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Christine S, Manager at Enchantment Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2012

It is a joy to see that you had a peaceful and luxurious experience while staying with us. We do apologize for the noise that you experienced from your A/C unit and are sorry that we were not able to remedy this during your time with us. We are also sorry that you felt that the Native American programming was not properly represented throughout the property. It is an honor to be located in such a beautiful and sacred area with such a rich history. With that being said, it is our duty and privilege to uphold the surroundings and preserve sacred traditions of the natives that originated not only in Northern Arizona but also throughout the world. We are proud to carry on long standing relationships with various tribes and honor that relationship by showcasing many Native American events weekly and throughout the year.

While it is important uphold current and ancient traditions, it is also important to embrace change and with change comes an understanding and appreciation of other cultures, beliefs and ways of thinking. We encourage our guests to enter with an open mind and allow the magic that is Boynton Canyon, take hold and resonate within you.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated and Enchantment Resort and Mii amo hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 3 June 2012

This is a great place for the single female traveler to feel relaxed and never alone.

I went to the resort on my own, looking for a place to de-stress and catch up on some "me" time. I didn't want to spend the amount for full board at Mii Amo, so I went to Enchantment and did "a la carte." I was not disappointed. From the moment I was up (first thing 6am) to going to bed, I always had something to do, yet still felt relaxed. I stayed in Enchantment but pretty much set up camp at Mii Amo. The activities were great - yoga, guided hikes (definitely take advantage of those), and fitness classes. The gym is first rate and very well maintained. And the food...I really enjoyed the spa cuisine at Mii Amo. It was hard to believe the food was all so healthy. I had to buy the cookbook to learn some of the tricks! Sitting by the pool was very relaxing and quiet.

A couple of tips - first, remember to tip the guides. You tip housekeeping, you tip servers, you tip the spa staff...remember to tip the hiking guide, who spends 2.5 hours guiding you through some amazing hikes, teaching you the secrets of the desert. They really do appreciate it. Second, if you have a bad back or neck (me), perhaps don't book the studio room with the fold down bed. Although the room is absolutely amazing (adobe fireplace, kitchen, dining area, large patio with barbeque, etc), the bed is not totally level because it folds in to the wall. My back and neck were so sore every morning, it was taking the experience of relaxation away quite a bit! Thirdly, for the activities that require advance booking...do advance booking, even months in advance. Things fill up quickly (however in my experience if someone showed up, there was always a no-show so they could join the group). Lastly, do book a spa treatment if you are staying at Enchantment. Both therapists were some of the best I've ever experienced, and the rooms were so amazing - you lie there getting a treatment, staring up at the red rocks.

I can't wait to return again...but next time, I'm bringing my husband!

Room Tip: The studio rooms with fold down beds - don't book this if you have a bad back. but do if you wan...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo