“2nd excellent stay.....”

Ranked #8 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
San Francisco, California
“2nd excellent stay.....”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

This was our second time @ Enchantment and it was just as good. Love everything about this wonderful resort. Its everything you could want, or not want in a vacation. If you want activities, Enchantment has just about everything. We, on the other hand wanted nothing. We wanted to do nothing, see nothing, just relax, unwind, swim, eat at sleep for a few days. We got exactly what we came for. You wont be disappointed. See you next year Enchantment!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (675)
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I can honestly say that I have never visited a more friendly city. Every single person, both on and off property, that I encountered made my day better. The resort was comfortable as expected and any issues were addressed quickly.

Our family of six adults had a full hacienda. We were near the tennis court and clubhouse - not ideal for us, but we made it work. We had a fabulous view and frequently ended our evenings on one of our 3 patios with a glass of wine, reflection, and great conversation.

Since we used this as our launch pad for exploration of the area, I have little to say about the resort activities. My parents received a nice birthday acknowledgement of chocolate covered strawberries on the day of arrival, the orange juice each morning was a welcome respite, and unlike some of the reviews that I have read here, housekeeping was timely and complete. I loved the olive oil based bath soap - should have grabbed a few of those. The bed was exceptionally comfortable - I did not wake until my alarm. This trip came on the heals of a trip to Shanghai China, so the restful night sleep was a welcome.

We did not visit any of the resort restaurants, instead having dinner in town - which again, I did not find a difficult travel, unlike reported in some of the reviews. We did make a point of returning to the resort before pitch dark though - lighting might be a driving issue.

Memories Made:
- catching up with family on the patio each evening.
- grilling hot dogs and fresh fish on the patio.
- listening to the chatter of kids in the pool and on the tennis court
- watching the deer graze on someone else's lawn (besides our own in NC)
- laughing about the gate guard who greeted us suspiciously every time we returned to the property
- having a custom made cocktail at the pool bar by the "new" bartender who was great
- on the patio listening to the the live Saturday night entertainment - was that karaoke, LOL?
- scoring a parking space in front of our hacienda

Special thanks to Nick for his attentiveness, the "new" bartender at the pool bar for an interesting cocktail, and the fitness desk attendant for letting me in a little early to do my workout.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Advourner
New Jersey
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Had a chance to spend 4 days at Enchantment. My wife and I have vacationed there many times over the past few years, but this was the first time we had been back since the renovation. What a tremendous job it was too. The place is still as beautiful as ever, but the upgrades to the to the restaurant and clubhouse, and View 180, were just amazing. Great job here folks! And as usual, the entire resort scores A+++ in my book.....and Mi Amo best spa EVER! Thanks to all at Enchantment, who always do their very best to make us as happy and content as they are! Can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Enjoy dinner at sunset at View 180.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thousand Oaks, CA
Reviewed 4 July 2014

There needs to be a new word for SPECTACULAR when reviewing this amazing property! From the moment we arrived, we were treated like royalty. The scenery and surroundings of this resort are so beautiful that they are almost beyond words. The photos we took do not do it justice. The hotel staff was so welcoming and wonderful and immediately upgraded us to the most incredible suite I have ever had the pleasure of staying in. It was just incredible. A casita all to ourselves which had two gorgeous bathrooms, a kitchen, a huge living area, a queen murphy bed, a rollaway for our restless daugher (so there would not be any sharing or fighting with her brother), a connecting hallway to another huge room with a King and another beautiful balcony. It was heaven. We had intended to stay one night and absolutely had to extend our stay to another night to experience all that the hotel had to offer. The service, the food, the attention to every single detail is beyond compare. There are many activities for the entire family to enjoy together. My son and husband did a great mountain bike trail, bikes provided free of charge. We did a gorgeous family hike right behind the hotel and took in those incredible views from higher elevations. If you are just there to relax at the pool, then this is your place as well. The pool area is surrounded by the incredible red rocks which just boggle the mind in their beauty. Every restaurant and area off of the lobby boasts those views and just make you feel like you are transformed into one of the great secrets of the Earth. My children, ages 14 and 11 honestly had more fun together than I have seen them do in a long long time and I firmly believe it's the energy at this place. It just takes you in and creates a positive feeling from the moment you arrive there. The night-time stars just envelope the darkness as you sit out and enjoy it from the many decks off the main lobby. In short, this hotel is just breathtaking in every way and we cannot wait to go back and experience it again. It's a must go for anyone who wants something truly spectacular. Thank you Enchantment- it was truly magical.

Lansdale, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Tucked away in the mountains/rocks of Sedona, this is a beautiful resort albeit a bit pricy but you know that going in. It’s very secluded and a 15-20 minute drive from the town of Sedona so there really isn’t anything other that the resort within walking distance. The resort is very spread out so you either have to walk everywhere within the report or have them shuttle you around in a golf cart. We did a 5 day family birthday/mini vacation getaway and that is about as long as you would want to stay. Resort has a beautiful spa, its well laid out & relaxing and the services were very good—one of the better ones we’ve been to across the country. Was somewhat surprised by the outside pool at the spa as it was filled with dead bugs at one end of the pool, didn’t venture into that pool after seeing that. We did have several delightful meals at the cafe located within the spa and the food there was excellent as was the service. However, service at the pool areas within the spa & the main pool was weak. We ordered drinks and a light snack at the spa pool & as it took 15 minutes for the drink to show up (and it was the incorrect order), the server graciously informed us that she would not be charging us when she finally did serve us. Service at the main pool was weak as well as it was staffed primarily be a very young staff although extremely friendly, apparently had not been adequately trained or supervised. The entire staff within the report was extremely friendly.

Dinner at their signature restaurant was very good although we sent the lamb chops back as they were very fatty. The other entrees, especially the filet, were outstanding & our server (I wish I could remember his name) was one of the best I have ever encountered. Whatever we asked for his reply was “I can do that for you”. Again very pricy and everything was ala carte. Very extensive wine list. We dined on the terrace & had a truly outstanding dining experience.
Every morning they delivered orange juice and the USA Today at your front door. However, at these prices, how about some other options such as the WSJ, NY Times or even the Phoenix daily paper. The rooms are basically villas containing up to 3 rooms. As we had 4 people, we had an entire villa that was probably 1,000 sq feet with a small kitchen, wet bar, etc. Rooms were very well laid out, linens and sleep quality were excellent

All in all, we had a great time, did all the “tourist” trips to the Grand Canyon, Red Rock Jeep Tour and the like so if you’ve never been to Sedona, this is probably the place to stay. There are several hiking trails next to the property that go through the rocks that are great as well.

Be mindful, cell service is just about non existent & inter-net is hit & miss as well. Watch your bill at check out as there were several dining charges on our bill that were not ours & our deposit was short $200 as well. They graciously corrected the bill but never the less, check your bill thoroughly.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Like earlier reviewers, we had stayed here before the renovations and found the service uncaring and the rooms threadbare. Not any more! The redo is terrific and our upgrade to a Jr. Suite was a surprise extra. And the service is dramatically improved...first rate in every sense.

My wife claims that the reflexology at the Mii Amo Spa was the best she's ever had.

The only issue is cost but the best places are always expensive.

Room Tip: Try to get a unit with a view of the canyon face which is especially spectacular at sunrise and suns...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
maryland
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Had stayed here several times prior, the last 3 or so years ago prior to recent renovations. Frankly, I had tired of the lackluster service and fading property at the edges. thought I had made my last visit to this really special location.

However, my wife persuaded another try. And I am glad she did. Once again a 5 star resort. Room was great, resort amenities fantastic and most importantly we found a renewed sense of service from a great staff.

Great dinner at the main dining room (and I mean some of the best lamb I have ever had) but slightly less enthusiasm for the breakfast (hoping for better next time). Wife said some of the best spa treatments she has ever experienced.

An awesome location for a once again resort to match this special destination. Back on my return visit list.

Room Tip: Higher locations on property offer better views
1 Thank madasa1024
Carol S, Manager at Enchantment Resort, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear madasa1024,

We are delighted you have a renewed enthusiasm for Enchantment and Mii amo. Thank you for sharing your experience. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.