“Lovely friendly hotel in a stunningly beautiful area”
Review of Poco Diablo Resort

Poco Diablo Resort
Ranked #18 of 49 Hotels in Sedona
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We stayed here for two nights in November and found the hotel excellent. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Stunning views from the rear of the hotel overlooking the golf course. we ate in the Restaurant both night and found the food of good quality even if the menu was a little limited. I would definately stay here again

Room Tip: We had a first floor room with a balcony (assume all 1st floor rooms have one) and can recommend. Im...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Cindy K, Front Office Manager at Poco Diablo Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Thank you for your visit and sharing your comments. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to many more. Our staff is committed to creating a memorable experience and look forward to serving you in the future. Sedona is a beautiful area and a magical place. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,138)

Reviewed 7 November 2013

Poco Diablo is conveniently available to travelers coming from Phoenix on the Sedona Shuttle. I was dropped off at the lobby entrance, greeted by friendly staff and provided with a very comfortable room at a very reasonable group rate for a family bereavement event. The event itself was hosted in the ballroom, and was a wonderful memorial service, attended by over 200 people. I look forward to returning to Sedona and staying at Poco Diablo in the future for a personal vacation.

Room Tip: Handicapped access rooms are not as close to the handicapped parking as possible. Plan on more walk...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for your visit and sharing your comments. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to many more. Poco Diablo is a beautiful property and our staff is committed to Exceeding your Expectations and making your stay memorable. Thank you for your business and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

The Poco Diablo Resort in Sedona is an above average hotel. You could certainly do worse, but their is nothing particularly outstanding about this property. The rooms are clean and comfortable, but certainly not mind-blowing. I have stayed in rooms just as nice, or nicer, in an urban Sheraton or Hilton. The views are amazing, but the rooms with good views are priced as such, i.e., much more expensive. For a reasonably priced room, you will most likely get a great view of the parking lot.

The location of this hotel is somewhat inconvenient. It is outside of town, which means you will have to drive to Sedona for dinner or shopping. During peak times of year, this short drive could easily take 30-40 minutes due to the high volume of traffic. As well, you will probably have to pay for parking in town. Not a huge expense, but an added hassle nonetheless.

An above-average hotel with an above-average location outside an AMAZING town. All-in-all, not bad. But nothing to rave about, either.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your visit and sharing your comments. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to many more. Our property is about 2 miles from uptown, but we think that ads to the charm of the property. Not being right in town but close enough to access quickly. We look forward to serving you in the future. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

Poco Diablo is the nicest (and most expensive) motel that I have stayed at. The property is located about a mile from the center of Sedona, but it is still conveniently located on a major street not far away from town. The property is a legitimate resort, with a pool, hot tub, spa, tennis courts and 9-hole par-3 golf course. The restaurant is average, but reasonably-priced.

The property has multiple 2-story buildings set up surrounding the golf course motel style, with every room accessible from the outside. About half of the rooms have a view of the course, while the other look out on parking areas. The room itself was the largest non-suite I have ever had. The furnishings are new, modern and stylish, the bed was comfortable and had a built-in reading lamp.

The service was exceptionally good. When my traveling companion cut her finger, the bellhop brought bandages to the room within minutes. The concierge was very helpful in directing us to area attractions and booking a jeep tour. The golf course was very well-maintained for a par-3 course, fun to play and not crowded, though the $15/person charge was a bit pricey for this small course. I was only there one night and did not have a chance to enjoy all of the features of the property like the tennis courts, pool and fitness room.

Overall, Poco Diablo is a step below the nicest resorts in both luxury and price, and the motel-style setup does not scream luxury, either. But it's an affordable, comfortable, fun, well-located property that I can easily recommend if you are looking for a nice place to stay in Sedona.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the golf course if you can.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Cindy K, Front Office Manager at Poco Diablo Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Thank you for your visit and sharing your comments. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to many more. Our staff is committed to creating a memorable experience and look forward to serving you in the future. I'm glad you enjoyed our golf course, it is very beautiful. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Firstly, the gal checking me in was wonderful, warm and gracious. The room is nice, although the lighting is dreadful. Florescent lights by the beds and awful spots above the bed. However, the room is large, clean, and the bed is terrific. A little too motel like for me as the walkway goes right in front of the door and one window so you have to keep the curtains drawn for any sense of privacy. I should have asked for a room where that wasn't a factor.

There are so many choices for breakfast in Sedona, but I decided to sit on the terrace at the hotel and have breakfast. The dining room was packed with large groups and I like quiet so I asked to sit on the terrace and since it is chilly asked for the fellow to turn on the heat lamp next to the table. They were out of propane. There are a number of heat lamps. All out of propane. Just like they were out of skim milk. Just like they were out to lunch when I asked for hot milk for my coffee and they brought cold milk.

The server, Scotty, was very sweet and friendly, and took the time to tell me why he was slightly late in bringing me hot milk. He was also working room service. He deserves a better boss, because he is a really fine employee. Whoever is in charge of the dining room is not on top of things.

The property is quite lovely, the front desk uniformly helpful.

The hotel just needs to tighten up the service. The oatmeal is really good, though.

Room Tip: Get one without direct access from a walkway so you don't have people walking by. When I say se...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank sistahsays
Cindy K, Front Office Manager at Poco Diablo Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Reviewed 25 October 2013

Spent 2 nights here on a bus tour of the canyons in September. It is a little way out of Sedona centre but has a superb setting. Our very comfortable and clean room (212) overlooked the golf course and had a lovely view. Walked round the grounds; swam in the pool; dipped in the hot tub; ate excellent food in the restaurant. Staff were friendly and accommodating - what more could you ask for?

Recommend a jeep tour if you have time - great fun.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

We planned a weekend without the kids in Sedona. Went on several hikes and Poco Diablo is in a great location. The landscape is beautiful and the room was really nice. We even had a fireplace near the bed and a jacuzzi tub! Staff seemed to struggle though. Room service delivered wine to our room while my husband showered, which I didn't think he ordered but the guy said someone told him to deliver it. My husband came out and said he had not ordered it & we were leaving for dinner. I called front desk to let them know the mix up and the 2 employees I spoke with were clueless. Oh well, free wine for me! Breakfast at their restaurant was good, but again staff struggled. The host and 3 waiters all clueless as to which tables to help. No organization like most places where waiters have a designated area. The host was actually the only guy who checked on us - thank goodness they had a buffet so we could get our own food! Still was a nice place and I wasn't rushing so staff wasn't really an issue for me, but could be for another couple so hope they get organized!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hollyllama

Thank you for your visit and sharing your comments. We strive to provide excellent service and I apologize that we missed the mark in some areas. I will be following up with the managers of the specific departments to address each area. We look forward to serving you in the future and give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations. Thank you for your business.