OK, some may find problems with the slightest things but we arrived with an open mind.
After being in San Francisco for 4 nights we looked forward to Sedona with some good weather and great veiws and were not disappointed. The drive up to the Radisson is fantastic though there is a lot of road development work going on in Oak Creek which apparently will last until 2009.
On arriving we found we were upgraded to a suite (room 635) which we were allowed to check out before agreeing. Needless to say we accepted.
Room was great with 6' sleepmaster bed, big double bed settee for our son and nice furnishings. Fair enough, some staff are inexperienced and there were a few dropped plates and mistakes when we were there but cut them some slack, if it's your vacation, why let the odd thing get you down. We found the staff great and friendly, willing to do their best and special mention must go to Jan who works on the bar. If you're reading this Jack is still wearing the Diamondbacks hat you gave him and we loved chatting with you in the evenings. We were even give transport free of charge to local restaurants.
Pools were fine and if getting drinks from the vendors, these are only $1 ($2.50 in the waterpark in Tempe!!).
We ate 2-3 times in the hotel during our 6 night stay and enjoyed the meals though there was a few bugs when dining outside. Then again what would you expect!!! It's all part of the experience and can provide some great comedy moments.
Overall a great stay before our trip to Scottsdale and we will be going back to the Radisson. Anyone else going, make a request for room 635 and you will not be disappointed.
We will add some photos soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located among Sedona's lush landscaping and Red Rock views, Poco Diablo Resort offers affordable hotel accommodations and onsite resort amenities including an outdoor heated swimming pool(pool hrs 6AM-10PM), 4 professional USTA approved lighted tennis courts, a 9-hole family friendly golf course and fully equipped fitness center. The SPA at Poco Diablo brings a whole new meaning to relaxation, rejuvenation and wellness using sustainable products that originate from the land and the people of Arizona. Guests will also enjoy guest rooms featuring premium BeautyRest Beds, Free Wi-Fi, T. Carl's onsite restaurant and our 10th Hole Lounge with stunning views of our golf course, Massage Services available on site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Poco Diablo Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Poco Diablo Hotel Sedona
- Radisson Poco Diablo Hotel
- Radisson Poco Diablo Resort
- Radisson Sedona
- Sedona Radisson
- Poco Diablo Resort Sedona, Arizona