Hampton Inn Sedona
US$238
Arabella Hotel Sedona(Sedona)(Great Value!)
US$164
  • Breakfast included
US$306
US$284
BestWestern.com
GreenTree Inn Sedona(Sedona)(Great Value!)
US$155
US$362
US$290
Orbitz.com
1,005 results
All reviewsfree breakfastbreakfast areawaffle makerwould stay here againfront desk staffclean roomshot breakfastnice stayeasy accessyogurthot tubshort drivegrand canyoninnssuggestionshikingrock
Reviewed 28 June 2012

I am usually very generous and overflowing with compliments to hotels where we spend our hard earned money while on vacation. With that said, we choose the Hampton brand, because of the quality of the product, the beds are superior, the cleanliness throughout. Boy, were we shocked at Hampton Inn of Sedona.
The facade is beautiful...and that's it!

The pool area: unkept pool and grounds, the concrete surround was black from footpaths when it should have been white, after all it should be kept as clean as I hope it was at the beginning of the season...The stones on the two waterfall areas were literaly in desperate need of a deep cleaning to remove the fungus and bacteria growth! Wading through the debris in the pool should not be the norm.

The room: Call me finicky but, shouldn't one's recently showered feet remain clean during the walk from the bathroom to the bed? My feet were BLACK from the dirty rug! Shouldn't the hair from the previous guest be completely removed from shower/tub area BEFORE receiving the new guests? Shouldn't the AC unit work properly and blow cold air when it's programmed for it? Shouldn't the bed and pillows be the same standard as other Hampton properties? As far as I know, Hampton has had the fluffy bed and pillows FOR YEARS! Obviously, this hotel missed that memo...

We couldn't stay any longer as it was becoming more gross by the minute for us, we stayed one night and so we left the hotel two days early, knowing we had paid for our stay in advance and it was non refundable, that's on us... But you would think the front desk staff to be more attentive and sympathetic to ask us why we're leaving early or just simply, how was your stay? NOT A WORD FROM THEM.

SHAME ON YOU HAMPTON INN OF SEDONA!

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MassagebyCarlos
Management response:Responded 2 July 2012

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to respond to some of your comments about Hampton Inn Sedona. First, I am truly sorry your experience with us was not perfect in every way. I am sorry I was not aware of all the objections while you were here and I could speak with you, but I will address what I can without knowing exactly who you are. Yes, we are pleased to offer the standard Hampton beddng - our beds get rave reviews from our guests in the morning, even to asking where they can buy the same beds. I'm not sure why your experience was different - again, I don't know where you stayed so I can't check on whether that bed is not centered on the frame or what is going on with it. The pool deck is gray colored and our season is year round. It was never white at "the beginning of the season;" the darker areas are not dirty from foot traffic, not dirty at all, in fact, but rather discolored from the minerals deposited by the water that has splashed over in that area from the waterfalls. That mineral deposit is also what you mis-perceived as" fungus and bacteria growth" on the rocks of the waterfalls. Thinking it was fungus, I'm sure you wouldn't have touched it, but had you touched it you would have learned that t is solid rock. Any chemical we could use to remove that mineral deposit would also destroy the rock which forms the waterfall- the rocks are made of the same minerals, per se, as the mineral deposits we have in the water here, really reasonable if you think about it. The only time there is anything like debris in the pool is when the wind is blowing a gale and leaves are blowing into it, but we certainly don't leave it that way! I can't tell from your review when you stayed - we did have a tree which provided additional shade to the pool area, but it constantly dropped leaves and flower petals into the pool and we actually removed that tree in April, because it was becoming difficult to keep up with keeping the pool always looking pristene and inviting.
You have my apologies for the deficiencies you experienced with regard to the cleanliness of your room. There is no reasonable explanation for that - I can't really look further into it as I don't know where you stayed, but I assure you this is not our standard! If you would please contact me directly, I would like the opportunity to review your reservaton and work with you to a satisfactory resolution.

Reviewed 16 June 2012

The. Front desk clerk, Tracie, went above and beyond to try and make our stay fine. To begin with,
The room needed to have a deep clearing, clean sheets on the bed, the tub should have had the last occupants hair cleamed from it, and it needed to be debugged!! We spent the night awake watching out for bugs!!
This was very disappointing for a quality inn such as Hampton.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank roadwize
Management response:Responded 2 July 2012

As a frequent traveler myself, I have to appreciate your taking the time to warn fellow travelers against the perils of staying at a hotel where you encountered such unacceptable conditions, However, as the manager of that very hotel, I must tell you that we were all as shocked as you (and Tracie) were when she told us. I am glad she was able to help you and able to help us backtrack through the housekeeping and occupancy schedules of that room to learn what happened there. We have put certain further measures, suggested by your experience, in place to see that this will not happen again. And I am sorry you were concerned about bugs - we have never had any kind of infestation at this property and we utilize a regular pest control service to be certain nothing more than the occasional insect flying in the open lobby door or cricket or some other harmless creature wandering off course makes its way into our hotel. But I can certainly understand that would be a bit disarming on top of everything else, and we do apologize for that. We hope the remainder of your Sedona visit was perfect and fabulous!

Reviewed 9 June 2012

Stayed at the Hampton Inn during the last leg of our roadtrip. As always, the rooms are updated and clean, WI Fi in every room, basic but good breakfasts, and always affordable, especially considering we were in Sedona. Just a short drive to the main shopping area. Desk staff coud be alittle friendlier, otherwise a great experience.

Room Tip: Found it helpful to have a reefrigerator in the room, so I would definately ask for one.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Debbie F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sedona, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel for your fellow travelers in Trip Advisor! I'm glad you found the refrigerator useful - just a side note here - every room at Hampton Inn Sedona has a refrigerator and a microwave. You are correct in noting that many of the breakfast selections do arrive at the hotel in frozen form, to be "re-thermed" in our convection oven. This is the Hampton standard for breakfast - in this way our guests can be assured of consistency. Of course, there are many fresh items as well - the Belgian waffles which the guest makes fresh for him/herself, the oatmeal with toppings which is served in the kettle after being prepared fresh inthe kitchen each day, the boiled eggs and pastries, fruit and cold cereals, as well. But those hot items in the chafing dish have been frozen for shipment to us. Usually our team here is really, really friendly - I can't imagine why our "Hamptonality" wasn't showing through while you were here, but I hope you'll return sometime soon and let us show you!

Reviewed 7 June 2012

This is a clean and comfortable hotel with a helpful staff. Julia at the front desk helped us to select a restaurant for dinner.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 May 2012

We stayed here for a long holiday weekend. The location is nice, close to lots of hiking and not far from Uptown. The facility is nicely decorated and every single employee I met was more than pleasant. Our room was clean and comfortable (the bed wasn't the GREATEST but it worked). We stayed on the first floor and never heard a single floor creak from above, so the hotel is definitely solidly made. The pool area was clean and attractive, though I found the hot tub excessively warm and the pool overly chilly (I could have sworn they said the pool was heated, but maybe they only heat it during the winter (kinda sucky if that's the case)). Breakfast was fairly decent, though on more than one morning they only had Activia yogurt, which I am scared to eat when planning a day outdoors because of its effect on me. :-) But the oatmeal was good and the hot entree items were decent, from what I saw/had. The carpets in the common areas (particularly by the entrances) could use a good steam cleaning, but for what we paid over a holiday weekend the accommodations were more than satisfactory and the complaints were minor. The friendliness of the staff was refreshing! We would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Debbie F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sedona, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2012

Thank you for your nice review - we are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be discussing pool & spa temps with maintenance at our meeting this morning - perhaps now that weather is so warm we need to keep the pool warmer than in the winter so it feels heated, and the spa cooler so it isn't oppressive when the outside air is so hot. Thank you for calling this to my attention! The offer of Activia alone for the yogurt choices was unfortunately the result of an inaccurate delivery of our order, and I am so sorry about that. We always have the various Lite & Fit berry choices also, but not last week. I perfectly understand people not wishing to chance the effects of Activia when they are on vacation! We were a bit surprised that it was a popular choice at all when we first started offering it, but it is for some people - we never intend for it to be the only choice, however! I hope the rest of your stay n Sedon was awesome and that you will be back to see us again soon!