“lovely staff and clean hotel”
Review of Hampton Inn Sedona

Hampton Inn Sedona
Ranked #31 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Redmond, Washington
“lovely staff and clean hotel”
Reviewed 9 July 2012

The staff in this hotel (especially the PM shift lady) is great and makes the experience superb for families (and other guests).

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Debbie F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sedona, responded to this review, 23 July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write us such a nice review! We are so glad your stay here was a pleasant one and that our staff was so helpful to you. We hope you will return to our area and allow us to be your hosts again. We love having you here!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Korean first
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 30 June 2012

My husband & I booked our stay with the expectations of all Hampton Inns having the same quality.  When we arrived at noon the manager at the front desk had an attitude with me, saying the room wont be ready until three (with a condescending tone), when all I wanted to ask was where I could put our luggage until check in.

From there it was all down hill.  Dirty, dirty, dirty! I cannot say it enough!

Housekeeping was extremely poor from hair in bathtub from previous guest to dirty rugs.  My poor white socks will never be white again.

The Front desk personnel needs to be more attentive and more customer service oriented. I feel this is important as front desk personnel are the face of Hampton Inn to all the guests.   I work in the customer service industry, and all my clients get superb customer service.

It is my hope the Hampton inn of Sedona will learn from this! It is in a very beautiful city, with amazing vistas all around, and people come from all over to enjoy while some stay at the Hampton, the money charged for the stay doesn't meet the quality expected from Hampton Inn, it's more like the run down cheap "by-the-hour" motel.

Our experience was simply unacceptable for the standards of a Hampton Inn.

3 Thank fourgreys
Debbie F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sedona, responded to this review, 18 July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at our hotel. It is our goal to have every guest's stay be perfect - we are truly sorry yours was not. If you will please reach out to me personally, I would welcome the opportunity to discuss any issues and seek some resolution with you.
La Habra, California
Reviewed 29 June 2012 via mobile

We found our stay at the Sedona Hampton Inn to be a pleasant one. I'm really surprised by all the negative feedback. Our room was nicely cleaned everyday, the breakfast every morning was convenient, the staff was friendly and helpful and you can't beat the location. This is my second time staying at this particular Hampton Inn and I will be back for a third. You really can't beat the price and with breakfast served every morning you save yourself at least $30 bucks per day. Believe me.. I have stayed at every hotel/motel on the spectrum. The Four Seasons & The Ritz Carlton to the Super 8 and Motel 6... This hotel is middle of the road but it is clean, convenient and comfortable and that's all I care about.

1 Thank Michelle W
, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sedona, responded to this review, 2 July 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your travels to write us your nice review! We don't get it about the recent negative feedback either! It was refreshing to read that comment from you. Our front desk staff is wonderful and caring, great with recommendations and reservations to area restaurants and activities. Our back office wall is papered with thank you notes and very complimentary guest survey comments. Our experienced housekeeping team does an excellent job nearly all the time - when it is called to my attention that we have missed somewhere along the line, we make that less than satisfactory guest experience the subject of our daily meeting and figure out new practices to see that the deficiency will not appear again. We do take any complaints and suggestions very seriously and make whatever adjustments in procedure or amenities possible to please our guests. So it seems we have succeeded with you, and we are so pleased to have you as return guests and look forward to greeting you again next time you are in the area. Thanks again for the review!
Reviewed 28 June 2012

I am usually very generous and overflowing with compliments to hotels where we spend our hard earned money while on vacation. With that said, we choose the Hampton brand, because of the quality of the product, the beds are superior, the cleanliness throughout. Boy, were we shocked at Hampton Inn of Sedona.
The facade is beautiful...and that's it!

The pool area: unkept pool and grounds, the concrete surround was black from footpaths when it should have been white, after all it should be kept as clean as I hope it was at the beginning of the season...The stones on the two waterfall areas were literaly in desperate need of a deep cleaning to remove the fungus and bacteria growth! Wading through the debris in the pool should not be the norm.

The room: Call me finicky but, shouldn't one's recently showered feet remain clean during the walk from the bathroom to the bed? My feet were BLACK from the dirty rug! Shouldn't the hair from the previous guest be completely removed from shower/tub area BEFORE receiving the new guests? Shouldn't the AC unit work properly and blow cold air when it's programmed for it? Shouldn't the bed and pillows be the same standard as other Hampton properties? As far as I know, Hampton has had the fluffy bed and pillows FOR YEARS! Obviously, this hotel missed that memo...

We couldn't stay any longer as it was becoming more gross by the minute for us, we stayed one night and so we left the hotel two days early, knowing we had paid for our stay in advance and it was non refundable, that's on us... But you would think the front desk staff to be more attentive and sympathetic to ask us why we're leaving early or just simply, how was your stay? NOT A WORD FROM THEM.

SHAME ON YOU HAMPTON INN OF SEDONA!

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MassagebyCarlos
, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sedona, responded to this review, 2 July 2012
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to respond to some of your comments about Hampton Inn Sedona. First, I am truly sorry your experience with us was not perfect in every way. I am sorry I was not aware of all the objections while you were here and I could speak with you, but I will address what I can without knowing exactly who you are. Yes, we are pleased to offer the standard Hampton beddng - our beds get rave reviews from our guests in the morning, even to asking where they can buy the same beds. I'm not sure why your experience was different - again, I don't know where you stayed so I can't check on whether that bed is not centered on the frame or what is going on with it. The pool deck is gray colored and our season is year round. It was never white at "the beginning of the season;" the darker areas are not dirty from foot traffic, not dirty at all, in fact, but rather discolored from the minerals deposited by the water that has splashed over in that area from the waterfalls. That mineral deposit is also what you mis-perceived as" fungus and bacteria growth" on the rocks of the waterfalls. Thinking it was fungus, I'm sure you wouldn't have touched it, but had you touched it you would have learned that t is solid rock. Any chemical we could use to remove that mineral deposit would also destroy the rock which forms the waterfall- the rocks are made of the same minerals, per se, as the mineral deposits we have in the water here, really reasonable if you think about it. The only time there is anything like debris in the pool is when the wind is blowing a gale and leaves are blowing into it, but we certainly don't leave it that way! I can't tell from your review when you stayed - we did have a tree which provided additional shade to the pool area, but it constantly dropped leaves and flower petals into the pool and we actually removed that tree in April, because it was becoming difficult to keep up with keeping the pool always looking pristene and inviting.
You have my apologies for the deficiencies you experienced with regard to the cleanliness of your room. There is no reasonable explanation for that - I can't really look further into it as I don't know where you stayed, but I assure you this is not our standard! If you would please contact me directly, I would like the opportunity to review your reservaton and work with you to a satisfactory resolution.
Reviewed 16 June 2012

The. Front desk clerk, Tracie, went above and beyond to try and make our stay fine. To begin with,
The room needed to have a deep clearing, clean sheets on the bed, the tub should have had the last occupants hair cleamed from it, and it needed to be debugged!! We spent the night awake watching out for bugs!!
This was very disappointing for a quality inn such as Hampton.

1 Thank roadwize
, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sedona, responded to this review, 2 July 2012
As a frequent traveler myself, I have to appreciate your taking the time to warn fellow travelers against the perils of staying at a hotel where you encountered such unacceptable conditions, However, as the manager of that very hotel, I must tell you that we were all as shocked as you (and Tracie) were when she told us. I am glad she was able to help you and able to help us backtrack through the housekeeping and occupancy schedules of that room to learn what happened there. We have put certain further measures, suggested by your experience, in place to see that this will not happen again. And I am sorry you were concerned about bugs - we have never had any kind of infestation at this property and we utilize a regular pest control service to be certain nothing more than the occasional insect flying in the open lobby door or cricket or some other harmless creature wandering off course makes its way into our hotel. But I can certainly understand that would be a bit disarming on top of everything else, and we do apologize for that. We hope the remainder of your Sedona visit was perfect and fabulous!
northridge ca
Reviewed 9 June 2012

Stayed at the Hampton Inn during the last leg of our roadtrip. As always, the rooms are updated and clean, WI Fi in every room, basic but good breakfasts, and always affordable, especially considering we were in Sedona. Just a short drive to the main shopping area. Desk staff coud be alittle friendlier, otherwise a great experience.

Room Tip: Found it helpful to have a reefrigerator in the room, so I would definately ask for one.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Debbie F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sedona, responded to this review, 10 June 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel for your fellow travelers in Trip Advisor! I'm glad you found the refrigerator useful - just a side note here - every room at Hampton Inn Sedona has a refrigerator and a microwave. You are correct in noting that many of the breakfast selections do arrive at the hotel in frozen form, to be "re-thermed" in our convection oven. This is the Hampton standard for breakfast - in this way our guests can be assured of consistency. Of course, there are many fresh items as well - the Belgian waffles which the guest makes fresh for him/herself, the oatmeal with toppings which is served in the kettle after being prepared fresh inthe kitchen each day, the boiled eggs and pastries, fruit and cold cereals, as well. But those hot items in the chafing dish have been frozen for shipment to us. Usually our team here is really, really friendly - I can't imagine why our "Hamptonality" wasn't showing through while you were here, but I hope you'll return sometime soon and let us show you!
Poughkeepsie, New York
Reviewed 7 June 2012

This is a clean and comfortable hotel with a helpful staff. Julia at the front desk helped us to select a restaurant for dinner.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family