“Return Visit - Excellent Service and Stay”
Review of Hampton Inn Sedona

Hampton Inn Sedona
Ranked #34 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Milford, MI
“Return Visit - Excellent Service and Stay”
Reviewed 20 February 2011

For our anniversary trip, we decided to return to the Hampton Inn of Sedona as our expectations were exceeded the first time we stayed there 5 years ago. Nothing has changed as the customer service is still outstanding. We were warmly welcomed back and given a large, well appointed room. Awaiting for us on the night stand was a basket of fruit and chocolates with a hand written card from the General Manager, Deborah Ford, wishing us a happy anniversary. This attention to detail clearly indicates that this Hampton cares very much about individually making a customer's stay enjoyable - which can be a rarity even at the best of hotels. I really give the staff here a lot of credit for their level of professionalism and attention to detail.

The room was nice with a refrigerator and microwave. It was very, very clean and odor free, which is important to us (and actually, the whole hotel is extremely clean). The location is great as well - it's close to downtown yet far enough away to experience some great Sedona offerings (i.e., restaurants, shops, hiking trails, scenery, etc.). Also noteworthy: parking and internet are free and there was live flutist during breakfast to add to the relaxed Sedona experience. Very nice.

We will continue to recommend the Hampton Inn of Sedona as a great place to stay. It's a great value and they really do take care of their customers.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Korean first
Sedona, AZ
Reviewed 20 February 2011

I stayed at the Hampton Inn Sedona in January of 2011 for 1 night. The room was average, bedding was comfortable and clean; however, the TV and microwave were very outdated. The breakfast was tasty, and there was a gentleman playing flute in the lobby, creating a nice ambiance. At checkout the front desk staff was extremely rude, and gave me dirty looks when I stated that the rate they were trying to charge me was a $50 difference than what I was quoted over the phone. They did honor the rate I had been quoted, but seemed very cold through the whole ordeal, I even thanked them but received no acknowledgement.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
Hampton_Inn_Sedona, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sedona, responded to this review, 10 March 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I'm glad you enjoyed our flute player and breakfast. And I'm glad we were able finally to get the rate fixed for you. I certainly apologize for the whatever sense you left with that the desk agent was disagreeable about changing to what was quoted. We usually get messages, via guest surveys, comment cards, or letters written to me about how fabulous our front desk team is - I'm sure any other attitude you perceived was entirely unintentional, and we will be using your comments as a coaching opportunity at the next team meeting.
Eagan, Minnesota
Reviewed 9 February 2011

Our stay at Hampton Inn in Sedona was fabulous. Life on the road can get tedious and we were so happy to get to a Hampton Inn as we have decided they are the motels for us. Gabby and Chris were especially friendly and helpful. The hotel was clean (essential for us), breakfast was delicious, wait staff was very accomodating, the music in the lobby was very enjoyable, I could go on and on. Thank you to everyone at this motel. We will definitiely recommend this great location and wonderful accomodation to our friends. Terry and Ron Erlandsen

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Hampton_Inn_Sedona, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sedona, responded to this review, 21 February 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of your stay with us! I am so glad you enjoyed yourselves. We all really enjoy being in Sedona and love the opportunities to share our knowledge of the area and dining and tour suggestions with interested guests. That's all fun for us - nice to know that it shows! We hope to see you here again before too long!
Reviewed 3 February 2011

The building itself is not something you are used to! When you visit sedona youll see that the buildings are made to look like rock. So i thought it was a nice touch. This one has a really nice lobby and friendly staff. It also has a really good location. Visiting the area I was given a map and found everything I was looking for from food to scenic areas for photos. Also if you are interested in taking a pink jeep tour, they pick you up and drop you off from this hotel.

All in all I can't say I can complain about this hotel. It's nothing fancy (as most Hamptons aren't) but it's one of the better ones I've stayed at.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
Thank you for sharing your review of your stay at our Hampton Inn! No, we're not fancy, but, as you discovered, we are friendly and clean and definitely, consistently Hampton. Many of our guests are loyal Hampton fans, and we are very pleased to offer the quality and comfort you are expecting when you choose us for your lodging needs while in Sedona. And we are very glad to have met that expectation for you! We hope you'll keep us in mind the next time you're in our area!
Ohio
Reviewed 31 January 2011

This is a very nice Hampton Inn. The staff was very helpful and friendly. They came across as they REALLY wanted you to be satisfied at their hotel. Very welcoming. Our room was very nice & clean. Good location to Sedona and surrounding areas. Also close to many restaurants. Added bonus was the flutest playing in the dining room during breakfast.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you! I couldn't agree with you more! We certainly do have the best staff! And what more need we say about Jesse, starting our days, or ending our evenings, with his very beautiful native flute music. We are so pleased to have him with us - I'm glad you were here when he was playing, and I appreciate the feedback. Many of our guests are here for relaxation and leisure activities rather than business - we expected those guests might appreciate a little diversion from the usual morning news to start their days in Sedona ( and of course, the daily paper is always available). Good to hear that we were correct in your case - we sincerely hope you will join us again in the near future!
Port Clinton, Ohio
Reviewed 28 January 2011

The hotel was the usual Hampton - clean, roomy, good breakfast, etc. At this particular Hampton, the staff was exceptional! The General Manager went out of her way to make us feel welcome and to suggest activities in the surrounding area. The rest of the staff was also very friendly and helpful. What a great experience!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
I am so glad you had such a great experience at our Hampton Inn - and thank you for taking the time to let us know! It is absolutely my very great pleasure to welcome you and we all really enjoy taking the opportunity to share our recommendations for activities and dining with guests who ask our opinions. As you discovered, there is so much to do here, and such variety, you just can't do it all in one visit. So we want to make sure you hit the high points of your particular interests. And I'm sure we all left at least a little bit to be discovered on your next visit! I hope we'll have the opportunity to be of service to you again in the near future!
Buckeye, Arizona
Reviewed 20 January 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Hampton Inn for our anniversary and from the phone call to make a reservation to the time we checked out there was nothing but top notch service. The manager, Deborah and her co-worker, Mike greeted me with "Happy Anniversary" upon arrival and it felt like they knew me personally. It was our first time to Sedona, so they helped us find a nice place to enjoy our romantic evening and helped us plan our hike for the next day. Very rarely do I find excellence in all aspects from one establishment. We plan on staying at the Hampton everytime we go to Sedona.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
dmahan702, Manager at Hampton Inn Sedona, responded to this review, 21 January 2011
We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. It is always great to know that people choose our hotel for special occassions and they were delighted with the outcome. We look forward to you staying with us again.