We stayed for two lovely days in Sedona in late February 2011. We'd gone back and forth on whether to stay at a B&B instead of a hotel, but in the end, decided we'd prefer the ease and privacy of a hotel.
The things that are most important to us in a hotel are (1) comfortable beds, (2) temperature that we can control, and (3) quiet. We are less concerned with or impressed by fancy lobbies, conference facilities, etc. We'll pay a little extra to face away from a highway or busy road to get that "quiet" that we value. "Views," on the other hand, are one of those things that we like to have if we can, but won't pay a ton of extra for, because we're not generally sitting around in our hotel room staring out the window. :-) We have gradually accumulated a list of hotels that we can generally depend upon to provide the three things we care most about, and Hampton is on that list.
With this in mind, the Sedona Hampton did not disappoint. The beds were comfortable for us, and the forced-air room heater actually had a THERMOSTAT (oh, joy!). We arrived at the hotel an hour before official check-in, and the very friendly receptionist was able to send us right to our room (thank you!). This made it possible for us to get settled and get our stuff out of the car in time to take a Pink Jeep Tour in the afternoon, and we were very grateful.
Breakfast was pretty standard for a Hampton. My husband loves the make-your-own-waffles. The omelettes were just okay. On the weekend, a Navajo flute player performed live music in the lobby while we ate, and it was really beautiful. (He brought his own flutes, which he had made himself out of Sedona bamboo.)
There were no terrific views of rocks from our room (though we enjoyed watching the snow pelting down all night in the parking lot and on the trees!), but as I said, we weren't there during the day, and it was dark at night, so this was no problem for us. Sedona is so beautiful, and we did so many glorious hikes and scenic drives during the day, that we didn't feel deprived in any way. Also, the hotel isn't located on the main shopping drag in Sedona, but is an extremely easy and short drive to all of these locations. I suspect this makes the hotel quieter. Proximity is excellent to a Safeway and to a number of marvelous restaurants ... Dahl & Diluca and The Barking Frog were two of our favorites.
The one real complaint I had was about the television (in room 216). It wasn't a flat-screen, which is fine ... but even for an older TV (I have several at home), the resolution and contrast were just terrible. Dark scenes were inpenetrable. I suspect this particular TV has neared the end of its service life and should just be replaced. By the time I noticed this (evening of our first day), we'd kind of spread out over the room and didn't really want to move, so I didn't bother to call the front desk about it ... otherwise, our room was perfect.
All in all, the Hampton was a great choice for us. Comfortable, convenient, and climate-controlled (by us!). A very nice hotel in a very beautiful little town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern accommodations and amenities; southwestern decor and ambience.Outdoor enthusiasts will find nearby state parks, national rainforests, swimming areas, and exceptional fishing opportunities. Explore the Red Rocks of Sedona, reserve a Jeep tour, or experience an exciting biplane tour. Other adventures include trail riding, cowboy cookouts, hot air balloon rides, and natural water slides.Enjoy a delicious start to your day with our Sedona hotel’s free hot breakfast, or grab a free Hampton On the Run® Breakfast Bag on the go. Work out in our fitness center, cool off in our refreshing outdoor pool, or retire to a comfortable guest room – complete with a 32-inch flat screen TV, free WiFi, and a signature clean and fresh Hampton bed®. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn Sedona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Sedona Hotel Sedona
- Sedona Hampton Inn
- Hampton Inn Sedona Arizona