“Best Scenic View or Red Hills” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wildflower Inn

Wildflower Inn
Ranked #28 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Best Scenic View or Red Hills”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Was amazed at the location of this hotel; I believe it was the best view in Sedona; we were surrounded by red hills. The best benefit was that we were were within a 5 minute walk to a the Courthouse Rock and Bell Rock trail. Being so close allowed us to catch the sunrise on the trail.
The rooms have been recently refurbished and updated. The staff was pleasant and breakfast on the patio was a great way to end our hike. Would recommend a visit.

Room Tip: Request a first floor room if you do not want to trek up staircases.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
bigtimetraveler55555, Guest Relations Manager at Wildflower Inn, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
What a nice review. Big Thanks to you. And, we are glad you enjoyed your stay.
We really appreciate your comments about the Views, the staff, the hotel and the surroundings.
Many of our Guests walk to the famous Bell Rock trail (a block away) and avoid paying $5 for parking there.

We must have missed something. Please let us know what else can we do to earn the 5 bubble review from you on your next stay.

Please come and stay with us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Queen Creek, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

I stayed here with a friend May 2014. We stayed three nights before I thought that the bites showing up on my body were not mosquitos. When we checked the bed we did find bugs.

They ended up refunding two of the nights and paying for me to visit a clinic to get the bites checked out. The receptionist was very nice and helpful. She was new and said she had not heard of anything like this happening there.

After we returned home though, I did a bit more research and discovered that this is a recurring issue for the Wildflower Inn. There is a post on bedbugregistry.com from March, as well as one on yelp.com from April.

Clearly, this was an issue for the company that has not been resolved. I asked before leaving and was promised that the room would be out of commission for a while and that their exterminator would be there that day, but after finding these other reports, I do not trust that what they plan to do is enough for such a serious problem.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
9 Thank Kelsey P
bigtimetraveler55555, Guest Relations Manager at Wildflower Inn, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
First, I apologize for any inconvenience you may have suffered. Our first and Foremost priority is to provide the clean and Comfortable accommodations to our Guests.
Second, I am shocked to hear such a thing after 3 full days of stay. We truly care very much about our Guest's comfort and keep the premises clean and comfortable for our guests.
Third, The room 200 that you stayed in was occupied the day before you stayed and for many days prior to that. We have not had any Complaint from that or any other room.
Fourth, This Year, we replaced all furnishings including all carpeting, all new Beauty rest beds, all new drapes, all new Furniture in each and every room throughout the hotel.
Fifth, We have a regular Exterminator and according to him, we are problem free facility.
Sixth, Since you stated that you saw a bug, we shut the room down and called our Exterminator immediately. Next day he came and treated the room as a preventive measure. While he was there, He inspected other rooms to be sure. He found nothing. That room will be inspected again tomorrow by him as a precautionary step once again. If he continues to find problem free, then and only then, the room will be placed in service.
Seventh, The March incident you are referring to, Please note that the actual stay was during Thanksgiving. I am wondering why that Guest did not bring any issue to the hotel then. and, further why he waited for 5 months and placed the review in March. The Hotel was completely treated and all new furniture installed this Spring.
No one brought any issue up to us in April. But, when we saw the review, we called our Exterminator and had him treat as a precaution.
Eigth, It is possible that it could have come from a guest.
Ninth, As a suggestion, if you ever have any problem at any hotel to contact the hotel right away rather than waiting to inform the hotel at checkout after 3 full days of stay.
Tenth, we live in a review oriented environment, a disgruntled Person (employee or guest) may be involved.
Eleventh, Every room is inspected daily by our staff. The staff did not find any problem prior to your arrival.
Twelvth, Its in our best interest to keep the property problem free. And, beleive me, we go an extra mile to take all preventive measures.
Once again we apologize for any inconvenience you may have suffered. Rest assured that we don't have any problem.
We invite you to come and stay with us again with confidence.
La Selva Beach, CA, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

My husband and I are on a once in a lifetime "bucket list" and wander around vacation for a few weeks. We were told of the Wildflower Inn by a waiter named Brandon at the coffee shop at Bright Angel Cafe in Grand Canyon! When we appeared at the counter without a reservation, the young man behind the counter, Jahmaia, was the quintessential host. He took us personally upstairs to a room that he said was the best view in the house. We loved it, and two days later we are considering staying yet a third day. This motel is really friendly and has gone over and above to say "yes" to every request. I even asked for a rag and glass cleaner to take care of my windshield, and the lovely young woman taking care of the evening desk was happy to lend me a couple of older towels and the spray window cleaner. My husband became ill this evening, and she again was prompt to lend me whatever linens I requested. The area has so many great things to do, and the views here certainly rival the Grand Canyon. Different than the Grand Canyon, yet amazing and equally stunning. We found that the people in this area are very personable and sweet. We happened to like the breakfast here just fine! The waffles are fluffy and crunchy, and the strawberry cream cheese on top was yum yum yummy!

Room Tip: Second floor; the street noise is nonexistent after about 10:00 pm.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kathie C
Staff was thrilled when I presented your comments to them. Our staff tries very hard to provide clean and comfortable rooms in each and every way along with the the great hospitality.

Thank you for thanking our staff with beautiful comments.

We invite you to come and stay with us again soon.
Uniontown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

The rooms were clean, the people working at the hotel were very friendly & helpful. I thought this was a good value for what we paid. They had a free breakfast with "make your own waffles". If they would have had fresh strawberries or blueberries it would've been wonderful. Syrup & butter were not bad, but flavored syrup or fresh fruit would have been so good!
They had a nice balcony on the second floor. Great views of several of the red rock formations. I think the one closest to us was called "bell rock". Very quiet in the evenings. Pulled off at one of the parking areas on our way back to the hotel from the Esteban show - got out of the car & looked up. OMG - never saw so many stars at one time! No matter which direction we looked - North, South, East or West - stars so close you felt like you could reach out and touch them!

Room Tip: second floor gives you a better view - you're higher!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Please pass the words to your family and friends.
We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip.
Iowa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

We stayed there in late April for two days and as far as the looks of the motel, it was worth the $135 we paid Travelocity. However, we had to ask the front desk for WIFI access, which they had to tweak to get it. But here's the real problem: we had already paid Travelocity & I showed the front desk guy it was paid. So when we checked out and I gave them the keys, they checked for incidentals and I had no additional charges & was good to go. So off I went only to find when I got home, a charge on my American Express bill for over $200. I found the Travelocity charge on a former AMEX bill so I had proof I already paid. We called Wildflower with the problem & they told us we'd receive a full refund. We didn't see it in the next few days. We called again to speak to the mgr and they refused to let us speak to him/her. What business refuses a customer to speak to a mgr?? Then what did they do? Charged me another $200!!! I called AMEX who promptly opened a dispute investigation. Wildflower has since refunded the original $200 but the the second is still out there & I have not been refunded that. So in a nutshell, DON'T STAY HERE! Paraphrasing Seinfeld's Soup Nazi, "no stars for you!"

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank KimSIowa
bigtimetraveler55555, General Manager at Wildflower Inn, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
First, thank you for your business. We appreciate it very much.
Second, thank you for acknowledging the Value of our rooms that are worth it.
Third, Please accept our apology that an error was made on your credit card by a new member of our staff.
This should certainly not have happened. We deeply apologize for the error and understand your feelings.
At the time you called I was offsite at a meeting. I called you back and left you 2 messages to personally apologize to you and let you that the error was corrected. Unfortunately, the calls were not returned and next thing I saw was this review.
We all make mistakes at one point or another. We ask that you forgive the new member of our staff at least once and invite you to come and visit us again. Rest assured that like all our other guests, you will not have any issues. Please come and enjoy our modern new furnishings (hotel renovated this year), the best Red Rocks views in the Village of Oak creek and the excellent service. The new staff member has received additional training.
Thanks you
GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

We booked the Wildflower Inn because they were offering a special rate of $89.00, and other properties in Sedona were much more expensive. It was in the Oak Creek area. It was a smaller motel with great views of Bell Rock. Information said it had been newly renovated. THe rooms were nice, beds were nice and also linens and towels high quality. Breakfast was minimal but ok and basket of fruit was available. Motel staff were helpful and knowledgeable about the area. We would definitely stay here again! Across the street was the Bell Rock walking path which was an easy walk to Bell Rock. I believe the Courthouse Vista Rock formation was also in the view. Stay on the second floor if you want the best view but be prepared to walk your luggage up.

Room Tip: Choose a room with the Bell Rock view and on the second floor for the best view. No elevator.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
bigtimetraveler55555, Guest Relations Manager at Wildflower Inn, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay.
Big Thanks to you for acknowledging the hard work of our staff and pointing out the views from the hotel as well.
The staff was thrilled when I informed them of your review. They need the pat on the back when they do well. That's why big thanks to you.
We invite you to come and stay with again. Hope you catch one of our specials again.
See you soon.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

We only stayed here one night but it was a comfortable room and close to hiking trails. It was nice to be away from downtown Sedona but only a ten minute drive to town for dinner. The views are spectacular from the 2nd floor and the viewing deck was very nice for relaxing and looking at the beautiful views! If your looking for a brand new chain hotel this is not the place for you, but if you want a comfortable room close to hiking this is perfect. The breakfast was not great , but there's a coffee shop about a mile away with great breakfast burritos! For the price you really can't complain!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 2nd floor!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your business. We are glad you enjoyed your stay.

You described everything well. Just the breakfast part, I would like to explain.

We keep our prices lower compared to other Sedona Hotels. We have all new furniture and furnishings new this year and spectacular views and convenience to Bell rock trail from the hotel.

with Real estate Being so high in Sedona and our desire to keep prices reasonable, we offer limited Breakfast.
Our Breakfast includes, Fresh New York Bagels and cream cheese, Make your own Waffle, fresh fruit and coffee/tea.

Once again you are right, for guests desiring the Hot breakfast, There is a Market Place cafe half a mile away but also there is Blue Moon cafe is just across the street. They both are great.

We invite you to come and stay with us again.