Best Western Plus Arroyo Roble Hotel & Creekside Villas
Ranked #5 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Minneapolis, MN
“Stay here!”
Reviewed 9 July 2011

We had a great stay here. Family of four with kids age 9 and 11. The hotel was conveniently located at one end of the uptown area, making it really easy to walk to shops and restaurants. The rooms were nice with separate shower vs sink area which works well for families. Only two complaints about room - very small sink and I didn't like the blowdryer as you had to hold a button down at all times to use. Small issues in the big picture! The best part of the rooms though is the view of the redrock mountains from the balcony, which was amazing!!! I think all the hotel rooms have the view based on the set-up. There were also two pools to use, a game room with pool, shuffle board etc that the kids loved. They also have a nice sized excercise room... However it didn't open until 7:00, which in my opinion is too late and my only other complaint. My husband and I went for walks in the morning instead as we were up earlier given time zone changes and plans for the day.

All in all this is a great hotel and we would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank Kimf

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (463)
Port Orange, Florida
Reviewed 28 June 2011

1 married couple; 2 karate kids; 1 grouchy grandma; 1 college cousin (me)... I thought this trip was going to be "memorable" at best... The Best Western however made it awesome! The rooms were spotless, the beds suuuuper comfy, the views were inspiring, and the location is perfect. The complimentary breakfast is delicious, way more than your bagel and coffee, there's fresh fruit every morning and even a waffle maker! The recreation clubhouse was such an advantage because there were indoor and outdoor pools and hot tubs, a sauna, a steam room, showers, a gym, ping pong, pool table and more. "Staying" at the resort was no short of true vacationing. The "cottage" was extraordinarily spacious and made us feel like we were staying in a rental house, with our own private driveway and all! The "villas" were really cool. They're upstairs and downstairs which was nice because it separated us a little more, it has a full kitchen which saves money and a washer and dryer which saved headache. The best part is that the villa we stayed in was in walking distance to the creek, which was fun, beautiful, and relaxing. The hotel rooms however had their own beautiful views as well. How do I know about all three? Because we stayed in all three! (It was last minute reservation making.) We were able to walk to Uptown Sedona shops, restaurants, and ice cream all week. We asked Best Western staff and locals about stuff to do and were given great sites to visit and things to do. I would recommend this resort to anyone traveling to Arizona and I do plan to visit again!

Room Tip: Don't pigeon hole yourself into a certain type
Glendale, Arizona
Reviewed 27 June 2011

I have stayed there many times. The first time was when my son wanted to go fishing in Sedona but we didn't have time to camp on the Oak Creek. I found this hotel because it has it's private access to the Oak creek and my son could to fishing there without a licence. He caught a huge Apache trout there! Finally after so many camping trips he finally got one when we stayed in a hotel!
The breakfast is hot and awesome! It has at least two hot entrees a day along with make your own Belgium waffles. There's cereal, oatmeal, fruit, yogurt, muffins,a variety of toast, juices and of course coffee! Even my picky eaters find something to eat.
I aways stay on the first floor patio with view of the "Snoopy Rock". There's grass in front of a fountain and it great to sit there at night listening to the water and looking at all the stars. It's very relaxing. My son loves to do cartwheels on the grass. If you get the other side of the patio there are beautiful flowers, fountains and a view of the hotel pool.
What's also nice is that this hotel is attached to a time share property. You have use of their club house. It has an indoor/outdoor pool with a tunnel that attaches the two and my son will spend hours there. There's indoor shuffle board, pool tables, ping pong, jacuzzi etc etc.
The rooms are spotless and the service personnel are friendly and helpful.
This hotel is the last hotel in upper Sedona. It is right across the street from our favorite store called the "trading post". It has authentic Indian products, thousands of beads and leather products. Very cool and it's what the southwest is all about.
I hope you enjoy your stay to beautiful Sedona. It's one of my favorite places to go with sites, hikes, stores, jeep tours and many moments to relax. I have been there many, many times.
Oh and the beds are pillow tops and are very comfortable.
I have never been disappointed at the Arroya Roble and I highly recommend it! Hope this helps you have a great trip :)

Room Tip: see above about what rooms I like.
1 Thank murbear3
South Florida
Reviewed 27 June 2011

We liked everything about the Best Western Arroyo Roble. The rooms were clean and comfortable, the free breakfast was really good (love the huge bowl of berries!), the staff was friendly and helpful, and the location was central but not at all noisy. The pool was a good size and was very clean. And the view from the rooms is gorgeous. We stayed in the North building the first night, then the main building the other 4 nights. Main differences were the North rooms are slightly larger, a bit quieter (they overlook a lawn, not the pool), and have reserved parking.
Two years ago, we stayed at the top-rated, super-expensive Adobe Grand Villas, paid literally 3x the price of the Best Western, and didn't like it nearly as much.
You can't go wrong with the Best Western Arroyo Roble.

Room Tip: Upper floor or North building
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JAS64
Bellevue, Nebraska
Reviewed 23 June 2011

We really enjoyed our first stay in Sedona. The Best Western is ideally located with quick access to many sites and attractions in town. We chose a canyon view for our room and were not disappointed...the incredible beauty of the canyon was breathtaking! Additionally, the breakfast buffet provided at the hotel was the best we have seen. If we ever go back we'd definitely stay again!

Room Tip: Request an upper floor for a nicer view.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
thedudsy, General Manager at Best Western Plus Arroyo Roble Hotel & Creekside Villas, responded to this review, 27 June 2011
Thank you for your positive review and your patronage. We appreciate having you as our guest and your kind comments of our Hotel. We use these reviews to improve our overall guest experience and truly appreciate your taking the time to post on our behalf!
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay here in beautiful Sedona.
We hope to have another opportunity to see you again very soon!

Warm Regards,
Lonnie Lillie
Reviewed 23 June 2011

We spent 3 nights at the Arroyo Roble to celebrate our 31st wedding anniversary. I have to say it was one of the most relaxing stays I have ever had anywhere. Check in was fast and easy, and in fact everything about this place was easy and low-stress. We booked a room in the "North" building. This is a 2 story free-standing building with only 6 rooms (3 upstairs, 3 down). It was very quiet and you got to park right near the building which was easy. One thing is that you do have to either walk up or down half a flight of stairs to get to the rooms and there is no elevator. Downstairs there is a room with washers/dryers, vending machines, and ice so you don't have to go to the main hotel building.

The sparkling clean room was large and included a fireplace, coffee-maker, fridge, flat-screen TV, and an extra sink outside the bathroom. The bed was soft, but very, very, comfortable. I loved it. We were on the second floor and had a fabulous view of the red rocks off of a large balcony. The enitre room was comfortable and well-equipped. There was also free Internet that worked perfectly. The one thing I hate about hotel rooms are the thin walls and even though we had neighbors on either side of us and below us, I never heard anything or anyone which was wonderful. Although the room was pricey, I thought it was well worth it.

From reading other reviews, I thought this resort would be very spread out. It wasn't at all. It took less than a minute to walk to the breakfast room or pool, and maybe 5 minutes to walk down to the beautiful creek. The grounds are nicely landscaped and well-kept. It was easy to find your way around. Another nice thing is the pool was opened until 10:30PM so you could swim at night if you wanted to.

We ate breakfast each morning in the breakfast room and I thought it was a couple of cuts above most hotel breakfasts. There were make your own waffles, eggs, breakfast meats, all sorts of muffins and breads, fruit, cereal, oatmeal, lots of hot dishes, juice, coffee, tea. You would have to be really picky to not find anything to eat. The breakfast attendants were constantly picking thing up and asking if you needed anything. You could eat on an outside patio and enjoy the views. My husband and I enjoyed eating there very much.

The hotel is located in Uptown and it was an easy walk to all the tours, shops, and restaurants. Even though the hotel was located right on the main street it was still quiet and tranquil.

I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel. It was far better than I expected and it is very well-run. I highly recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for your positive review of our beautiful hotel and villas. We are so happy we were able to make such a great impact on both yourself and your husband. We pride ourselves in service and exceeding our guests expectations. We sincerely look forward to providing you with another great "experience" at our hotel again in the very near future.

Warm Regards,
Lonnie Lillie
Niskayuna, New York
Reviewed 21 June 2011

My husband & I stayed with another couple in one of the creekside villas. It was absolutely beautiful. Very clean, quiet, and spacious. Full kitchen with stacking washer & dryer. Dining room and living room with large flat screen tv & dvd player and gas fireplace. The two bedrooms upstairs each had their own bathroom. There was even a half bath downstairs. A lovely patio outside downstairs and both bedrooms had their own balcony with seating. We could have stayed here for a month comfortably. For two couples it was less expensive to stay in this villa than to each have our own room. Walking distance to many shops, restaurants and free town shuttle.

Room Tip: Book early to get the room you want.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple