“Great place for a family in Sedona!”

Best Western Plus Arroyo Roble Hotel & Creekside Villas
Ranked #4 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Atlanta
“Great place for a family in Sedona!”
Reviewed 16 April 2012

We had a wonderful stay over Spring Break at the Best Western Arroyo Roble Hotel & Creekside Villas in Sedona. The hotel is located in uptown Sedona, right in the middle of everything. It was nice to park the car and be able to walk to dinner and shopping. We stayed in one of the Creekside Villas which are 2 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath condos with full kitchens and a washer/dryer located right on Oak Creek. Very clean and very quiet. The setting on Oak Creek was so peaceful - it was nice going to bed and waking up in the morning to the sounds of water and chirping birds - and the kids loved exploring the creek area and the red rock area surrounding it. Amenities were great -- 2 pools (one of which was indoors and heated), hot tubs, a game room with ping pong, foosball, billiards, and shuffleboard, outdoor grilling areas, a nice playground, benches and swings overlooking the creek, etc. There were hummingbird feeders around the property and hummingbirds were everywhere -- the kids loved this. The hotel has a really nice free hot breakfast included with your stay here -- fresh fruit, juices and coffee, scrambled eggs, sausages, biscuits, waffles -- even a nice frittata one morning. The staff is very nice and helpful especially the wonderful lady at the front desk of the game room/pool area. We will stay here every time we visit Sedona!

Room Tip: The creekside villas are perfect for a family
1 Thank Carolyn G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (465)
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Prior to our fabulous trip to Sedona, I read and read reviews about hotels before choosing the BW Arroyo Roble. My husband and I were so happy with our choice! We had a North King "suite" with fireplace. The view was fabulous, and we took so many pictures of the changing light on the red rocks dominating the vista from our balcony. The room was well appointed--not 5-star, but very comfortable and clean with everything we needed to make a week's stay enjoyable. Housekeeping was excellent and responsive. Our only suggestion was that they needed to adjust the fireplace--it burned like two torches on high! A lower flame would be more relaxing and, I presume, more cost effective. This adjustment was not accomplished. We used and appreciated the fridge, wet bar, and coffee maker. Ice and the laundry were only a a flight of stairs down, and the laundry room was very clean. These facilities came in handy to take care of the red dust on jeans after horseback riding. So many previous reviews rave about the breakfast, and I can't help but join that fan club. Variety, freshness, pleasant service--we started each day well fueled for our activities. We didn't use the pool, but it is beautiful, and the grounds are well-maintained. In walking around the hotel, I saw some room areas that appeared to be less desirable than what we had, but I can only speak to our satisfaction with our stay in the quiet and spacious North suite. Yes, a bit pricey by BW standards, but definitely worth it. Finally, I have to add that all staff were courteous, helpful and friendly, and the location was ideal. We walked to dinner and shopping and were only a few minutes away from the beautiful views of 89A North. We were uncommonly satisfied with all aspects of our stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony and Red Rock view.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Flanders, NJ
Reviewed 14 April 2012

Stayed just one night in a creekside villa. Very large, 2 bedroom, 2 bath on the creek. Two fireplaces, washer and dryer, full kitchen. Nothing at all to complain about, however, the villas really are in a dire need of updating - they wreak of late 1970's/early 1980's design. BUT, that would really be only complaint and since I don't live there, who cares. Villa was sparkling clean. It's a great place to stay. Does not really have view of red rocks from room, however being back by the creek is AWESOME! You can hear the creek running from the bedroom and it is so soothing. We went on a small hike in the morning on the creek and took some beautiful pictures. So centrally located as well - just a short walk up the hill to the main part of hotel for breakfast and you are dead center of town. Walk everywhere.

Room Tip: If room is needed, along with washer and dryer to catch up on some wash during vacation, the villas...
Mesa
Reviewed 11 April 2012

If you are offered a room with a "patio" on first floor do not accept it. No patio really, just a sidewalk that leads to the rooms. Level 1 or the first floor is really the basement or should I say the dungeon. Very dark, small room. Not even carpeting leading to the elevator or the lobby, just concrete. The "guts" of the hotel are located on this floor and workers leave the doors to the work rooms open for your viewing pleasure. No microwave and an extremely small under counter fridge. The WiFi did not work. I have really had much better rooms at Motel 8.
Only positives: comfortable bed, quiet, and a pretty good breakfast. I have always stayed at Best Western motels and have been satisfied but this one did not meet my expectations. I will not stay here again. Booooo.

Room Tip: I have no idea what the other rooms were like but don't accept a level one room.
5 Thank Mary A
General M, General Manager at Best Western Plus Arroyo Roble Hotel & Creekside Villas, responded to this review, 20 April 2012
Dear Mary,

Thank you for sharing your concerns with us and we share these concerns with the entire staff for improvement . We apologize for not exceeding your expectations during your stay. Did you mention your concerns with the room to our front desk? We would have certainly checked for possible upgrades to another room. We are glad you enjoyed our wonderful breakfast and had a good nights sleep on our amazing beds.
At the time of your stay we were undergoing transition to a new and more powerful Wifi provider. We apologize for this inconvenience. We would hope you would consider visiting us again and allowing us to show you what a wonderful hotel we have.

Warm Regards,
Lonnie LIllie
Long Beach, CA
Reviewed 7 April 2012

Other reviews describe this rather complex property pretty well. My main observations are that the place is more expensive than I expected. The room is nicely appointed, but small even for Best Western standards. The balcony is tiny, but the view is spectacular. The complimentary breakfast far exceeded my expectations. It was really good for being billed as a Continental, it was much more than that. The other notable feature of our hotel room was the shower. Good pressure rainforest, plus horizontal sprays at body level, plus handheld portable, with a folding seat in the shower and no dividers to step over. It was a Hall of Fame shower.

There is so much stuff to do there I can't begin to list them all. Many of the clubhouse activities cater to families with children.

This is a very unusual hotel. Many people obviously love it. I would recommend it but probably won't stay there again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mhanna4
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 6 April 2012

When I checked I was told we couldn't have a "view room," because they were all booked for the next two nights. They put us on the 5th floor street side. The room was noisy and dark. The bathroom had a huge puddle of water on the floor. When I called to ask for an extra towel to clean it up--I felt like they were assuming that I was going to steal the towel (they offered me a wash cloth. Now that I've thought about this, they should have called housekeeping). When I asked for quarters to do laundry, they only had enough to do one load. A change machine in the laundry room might be a good idea. In the morning I asked a different person if we could switch to a "view" room--and was quickly accommodated, I'm not sure what the problem was the first night. This made all the difference. The facilities are nice, but make sure to get that mountainside room. Be aware that laundry is in another building as is the breakfast. There is an outdoor pool right outside, but the indoor /outdoor pool and hot tub is located in the time share next door. Our first afternoon, there were two couples who had obviously snuck into the pool area (in their skivies). Security showed up and was quick to get rid of them.(Thank you!) Free breakfast convenient and tasted good! The beds are on the softer side.

Room Tip: Pay the extra money for the view--a lower floor is much more convenient--because a lot of what you u...
Saratoga Springs, New York, United States
Reviewed 3 April 2012

This is our second trip to Sedona, and second stay at this hotel. It is always very comfortable, clean, and all the people are warm and friendly. The views are spectacular and you can walk to some great galleries and restaurants. Great location. Love that breakfast is included, and was always very good! Highly recommend to anyone planning a trip to Sedona. Easy drive up to the canyon, but the energy of Sedona keeps pulling us back.

Room Tip: Must have a room facing Oak Creek Canyon!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple