“The weather was awful but the hotel was great”

Best Western Plus Arroyo Roble Hotel & Creekside Villas
Ranked #5 of 48 Hotels in Sedona
Reviewed 6 December 2013

We actually ended up staying here longer than planned, as the first big winter storm of the year blew through, breaking rainfall records in Phoenix and drenching Sedona in passing. So, we had a few nights in one of the villas and one night (as the villa was unavailable) in one of the red rock view rooms.
The villas are fabulous - big, well decorated, very clean and with every amenity. It really is like being at home. I won't bore you with saying any more on how great they are, everyone does and I agreee with them. Housekeeping was very friendly when we spoke to her on a couple of occassions and did a good job throughout our stay. Any faults - the smoke alarm needed a new battery (beeping) - reported on first night but not fixed. The boiler was making a whining noise that suggested it needed servicing - not reported as frankly we didn't want people in servicing the boiler while were staying - selfish but true I can stay in and get a boiler serviced when at home I don't want to bother when on holiday. Exceptional service - Alex on reception when the circuit tripped to kitchen whilst cooking dinner - he came down and when he couldn't fix he got the maintenance guy to come out (out of hours) to take a look. Fixed within 10 minutes. Good job guys - really appreciated. Thats the kind of service that gets the gold stars.
Reception was really helpful when we wanted to stay longer, offering to move bags for us and having a room ready when we checked out of the villa. Again scoring them highly on the service front. The red rock room had two queen beds (which is what we wanted) and a great view (from the fourth floor) of the rocks. It was clean and well maintained. In comparison to the villa you do get noise from your neighbours, which is unsurprising; however, if you are looking for a view of the rocks, as everyone says these rooms can't be beaten. People always mention the breakfasts here and we want to agree with the rest. We have stayed in a few Best Westerns and the breakfasts are the best we have eaten. It is two man team in the restaurant and both the chef and the waiter we friendly and professional. Great scrambled egg.
We stayed in the Hyatt on our last visit and it was lovely but overall the service standards at the Best Western topped them and this will now be our preferred choice, and I would highly recommend it to others.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (2,138)

Reviewed 5 December 2013

I stayed in one of the creek side villas- and it was stunning. The location is great- I walked to Amara spa for my massage, and walked around for shopping and dinner. The free breakfast in the morning- it is not a gourmet quality- but is a free breakfast that was perfectly fine. Everything was clean, the staff was courteous and the view was nice. People who complain about the food must think they were at a 5 star Las Vegas hotel.

Room Tip: corner villa is worth the money.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I actually cancelled my reservation at the Hilton after I read reviews for this Best Western. I was nervous to take a chance on an unknown (we typically stay at Hilton properties). But I have to say, I am SO glad we chose this Best Western. Our room was a double queen and we had a cot in it for our 3rd child. Believe it or not, I thought it was still somewhat spacious. The cleanest room I've been in along time - when they said ultra clean they meant it. Staff was amazing and the red rock view out our window was spectacular. You really can't beat the location. Beautiful views AND you can walk into town. Everyone so nice - breakfast was good and the staff there was so friendly. Would definitely come back again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWARHmanagement, General Manager at Best Western Plus Arroyo Roble Hotel & Creekside Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Dear Jennifer S,

First of all thank you for choosing our beautiful hotel over all others in Sedona and we are so glad you had an incredible stay.

As a “family owned and family run” business it is always rewarding to hear that you received exceptional service and consider our hotel one of the best Best Westerns you stayed at during your trip! Thank you for the opportunity to have you as our guest.

We look forward to your next visit very soon.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

I researched this hotel using this site and other internet sites, and this is a great hotel with the perfect location for everything you want to do. It's located in the heart of Sedona but offers easy access to the Grand Canyon National Park (just a 2 hour drive), with great restaurants and shopping nearby. The morning breakfast was fantastic! I am not a breakfast eater, so imagine how good it must be if I loved it. (They make homemade breakfast casseroles that are grea plus a wide selection of other choices. The hotel has scenic views of the Red Rocks and we took a walk around to the creek where you can sit in a swing and listening the sounds of the river flowing through the creek. They have rooms near the creek or Red Rocks but either way the property offers scenic views, great breakfast, nice rooms and the service was excellent.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Deb-Marc,

Thank you for reviewing your experience with us.

It is fantastic to hear that you consider our hotel the perfect place to stay in Sedona and the best breakfast buffet you’ve ever had!

I am glad that you enjoyed the location, views, and amenities as well.
We hope to welcome you back to relax and soak in the beautiful red rock views again soon.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

Very over priced for what you get, breakfast was fair bacon and eggs were luke warm served buffet style. its advertisement lead's you to believe its nicer than its is very small room and the front rooms are noisy with vehicle traffic as its on main street... Good location in town and you can walk to shops and places to eat.You actually have to leave the bldg to go breakfast the pool, rec room and game room as Its in another part of the resort but I was not told that when i booked.. I would not stay there again as there are several places to stay that are more reasonably priced and in close proximity to everything. when I asked to get the room off the road side they wanted almost $300 for a night. way over priced for what you get. I'll know better next year. Staff was friendly.

Room Tip: stay in the resort villas area not the hotel and if you stay in the main hotel get a room in the bac...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Doc13ny,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so sorry we did not meet your expecations. As a family owned business, we strive to provide our guests an exceptional experience. Hopefully you will allow us another opportunity to meet your hotel needs in the future. Please feel free to contact me personally.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

The view from the hotel room is spectacular. The accommodations are incredible and the staff was helpful, professional and kind. I highly recommend this hotel if you are looking for a place to stay in Sedona.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We stayed here over labor day weekend 2013 and what an amazing weekend it was! We came into Sedona from the North side because we were coming from the Grand Canyon which was actually really cool because you come down through Oak Creek Canyon and go past Slide Rock State Park. It was an amzing beautiful drive coming down into the canyon that was full of beautiful forest. Especially after being in the desert all day. And it was much less crowded coming in from that side versus coming in from the South with the rest of the world that was up visiting from the Phoenix area. So, of course, the hoel was completely booked up. Everything was since it was labor day weekend.Though I would say with any visit to this area, make reservations ahead of time! I heard like 5 people in the lobby coming in and asking for a room and there were none in the whole town. It's a pretty god drive to anywhere else that might have a room available. Anyways, the hotel was just stunning. We upgraded to a red rock view room and I would say that at this hotel, the upgrade is worth the splurge. We spent at least 40 minutes just taking photos of the canyon from our balcony because as the sun was setting, the rocks just kept changing colors and they were amazing. There was a beautiful grassy area and pretty fountain right below our room and the pools were super nice too. There was also plenty of parking (in an actual parking garage so our car was not burning hot when we got in!) which was great and the hotel is right on the end of the main drag of town so it's quiet but we walked everyhwere which was great since the weather was so nice. This hotel also has great river access which made hiking easy. I would absolutely stay here again. The rooms were nice and big and so were the balconies. We had one minor issue with our sink and the staff were super helpful and fixed it right away. Can't wait to come back and stay for longer!

Room Tip: Get a red rock view room. It's worth it! Afterall, you go to Sedona for the views!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank terradactyl89

Dear Terra L,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your Sedona vacation. I am always happy to hear when our guests have a wonderful time! We also offer some great amenities in the Clubhouse such as in/outdoor pools, whirlpools, steam room, & sauna-fantastic for after a long day of hiking or sightseeing.

If you have the opportunity to visit again, I think you might enjoy it!
We hope to see you again!