“You Kill It, We Grill It!”

Road Kill Cafe & O.K. Saloon
Ranked #3 of 11 Restaurants in Seligman
Price range: US$4 - US$24
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast
Description: Welcome to the Roadkill Café, an adventure in dining! Famous for our Char-broiled Burgers, Buffalo Burgers, and Steaks. The Roadkill Café OK Saloon is definitely well Worth the stop, along Route 66. Eating is more Fun when you know it was hit on the run! Our menu has a great selection to choose from, and we are sure to have something for everyone!!! There's Great opportunity to take pictures and shop around for souvenirs in the Famous OK Saloon Gift shop. It is filled with all kinds of antiques from the area's "old west" past as well as many animals that are indigenous to the area. Located just outside is the old Arizona Territorial Jail whose walls once corralled such notorious outlaws as Seligman Slim, Four Fingered Frank and the legendary Carl "Curly" Bane. Standing next to the Jail is a replica of some old west store fronts that have been the background for many commercials and documentaries filmed in the area. Stop in and have a great time with us!! You kill it we grill it!!!
milpitasca
“You Kill It, We Grill It!”
Reviewed 7 August 2013

My husband and I were on a road trip to Sedona and also were participating in a scavenger hunt. One of the items was an "unappetizing restaurant sign". When I saw this place , I said "PERFECT!" We took the photo of one of us in front of the sign and went in to look around. They sold lots of cutesy tourist items adorned with their famous logo. Since it was lunch time and the place looked reasonable, we decided to stay and order. Their menu was just a hoot - with lots of cute names playing up the road kill idea. Service was prompt and our sandwiches were big and tasty. My husband had a club sandwich and good coleslaw and I had a wonderful Reuben sandwich and potato salad. The bill was very reasonable. Many of the surrounding tables were filled with Europeans who were snapping pictures of what they thought was the real Americana West - pretty funny! Of course, the entire town of Seligman only exists because of the hype of the old route 66 (which I actually traveled with my parents in their Desoto in 1960!). The bar area, with an array of old taxidermied animals, was dark and musty smelling. I agree with the person who couldn't believe the lines for the 1 toilet men's and lady's rooms - really! People need a rest stop in the middle of nowhere! All in all, I thought this place made a nice lunch stop.

1 Thank alicerabbit

Muskegon Michigan
“great place for breakfast”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We stopped in to experience an old Route 66 resturant. What fun. All their food selections are based on Roadkill such as Armadillo. Had a great breakfast. It was a bit slow but seems there was a big party in a seperate room which slowed the kitchen a bit.

• Visited August 2013
Red Bank, New Jersey
“Good Food on Historic Route 66”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

My friend and I wanted to see the Historic Route 66 so we were researching it when we came upon the town of Seligman, Arizona. In figuring out the route, we were also looking into eateries, and we found "Roadkill Cafe." Um, what? We were laughing at the name although at the same time wondering what this is really about because we didn't see a menu. We noted the exit off of I-40 (Exit 121, by the way) and directions, and put it on the itinerary.

If you come off of I-40 via Exit 121, the place will be on your left heading east on Route 66. You cannot miss it as it is close to the road. There is ample parking right there.

The name of the restaurant and dishes are just all in good fun! I picked out the "Fender Tenders," which are really just chicken fingers with french fries. It was very good.

The wait staff was friendly, and the visit was very smooth.

There is, of course, a small gift shop for all things Route 66 and Roadkill Cafe. I picked out a t-shirt with its slogan "You kill it...We grill it!" along with a menu of roadkill on the back.

It is a good place to stop by for some food before heading east towards Flagstaff or west towards Kingman on I-40. No roadkill eaten here, but the food is good and at the right price. You might get some looks from folks back home as to why you would ever eat there - I know the look and I just laugh. It makes for a good laugh when you tell the story, and it makes for a good memory.

Camby, Indiana
“terrible food and service”
Reviewed 25 July 2013

My wife and I stopped here for lunch. We waited over 15 mind for a waiter. The food took over30 mine to be prepared. The burger that I ate was overcooked. The bun was like a brick. My wife's pulled pork sandwich tasted So bad it made me gag . If you visit seligman pass up this place and eat at westside lilos or the snocap

London, United Kingdom
“You Kill em we Grill em”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

A famous location on Route 66 in Seligman, Arizona with a catch phrase you will not forget. The foods okay and the staff friendly so it is worth stopping for a bite is you are traveling the route.

Visited April 2013