“Clean, the price was right, good breakfast, very nice owners”
Review of KC Motel

KC Motel
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Show Low
Reviewed 18 May 2010

We are retired and travel a lot. Usually check the travel coupon books, compare with the recommendations in the AAA-book and chose accordingly. We never know where we will end up at the end of the day. This motel looked a lot better for the price than some others in this town. We were very pleased with everything. The owners are energetic and hard working at making their motel a good place for their guests.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 May 2010

I had travelled all the way from Maryland and by the time I got into Show Low Arizona I was exhausted, out of money and much to my dismay, the job I came all that way fro was gone. Needless to say I needed help and I needed a roof over my head!

I ended up staying at he KC for about 67 days until I could find employment and I couldn't have been treated any better! The managers Subash (Suby) and his wife Rina Patel are the nicest folks you would ever want to meet and they just made me feel right at home. The property is absolutely spotless because they are always out improving and cleaning the property making sure it's nice for the customers. The rooms are cleaned everyday and I know that happens when people come and go but for 67 days I never went and they still made sure that my room was cleaned, I had clean towels and new sheets. i couldn't have asked for more! They're hospitality room had sweet rolls, muffins, waffles, fresh fruit, cereal, orange juice, cranberry juice, cold milk, and the best coffee around! Without that room there would have been days where I would have went hungry.

In summary, if you are looking for a nice clean and friendly place to stay you need to try the KC Motel! One last comment, Thank you Subash and Rina i consider you both my friends!

Jim C. Hillebrecht

PS....the water pressure in the shower is absolutely the best! God Bless...

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 April 2010

We had not intended to stay overnight is Show Low (what a great name for a town!), but weather changed our plans and there we were. This place looked interesting from the street so we stopped in. What a wonderful accident! The KC is clean and well-maintained and the price was right. Our room was recently renovated with new carpets and beautiful new bedspreads. The room was huge with comfortable beds, a decent TV, and free high-speed internet. Breakfast wasn't much, just juice, cereal, make-your-own waffels, coffee/tea, and some small pastries.

Our host, Subash, was very kind and let us use his printer to confirm another reservation.

Dollar for dollar, I don't think you can do better.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Atkinson
Reviewed 6 October 2009

The KC Motel had the cheapest rates in town so we were surprised at all we got for the $57 plus tax we paid for a room with queen bed. Even in our small, clean room there were also a table and chairs, a TV, coffeemaker, hairdryer on the bathroom wall, small refrigerator and microwave. Since there is a Safeway and KMart only a block away on Deuce of Clubs Blvd, we bought some food and ate dinner in our room. In the morning, the hospitality suite was open from 6:30-9:30 am. The continental breakfast included delicious brewed coffee, two kinds of juice, two kinds of dry cereal, muffins, honey buns, fresh fruit, and make-your-own waffles. It is an older motel and the heater was a little noisy, but we will definitely stay here again because the price was so good for all the value.

Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2009

I usually never bother with reviews, but this was one experience I can't keep my mouth shut about! My family actually had three rooms for two nights (if I hadn't prepaid, we would have been out of there earlier). My room had a warm refrigerator, remote control that was taped together and still didn't work, door looks that were visibly broken off, hairs in the bath tub, chemical smell in the room, and the worst....roaches in my bed and a roach climbing up the inside window of the room! Ranks as the worst hotel/motel I have ever stayed at. I only booked it based on the reviews, but maybe I got the bottom of the barrel. Absolutely digusting, and I'm not easily disgusted! Don't stay there. Spend the extra money for a nice room.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2009

I can't complain about the room. It was lovely, I had a four poster bed. Like staying in a bed and breakfast. Dishes on a shelf, wreath on the wall. Nice furniture, large room. I had asked if I could be on the first floor. I was assured that I would like the room on the second floor. In a two story motel I wound up on a third floor. Ther was a rise in the middle with six more steps than my old knee would have liked. I hauled my luggage up there. In spite of it being 69 degrees outside, the room was very warm. The air conditioning was noisey, as was the refrigerator. I turned off the refrigerator and opened the windows, Which didn't help. I tried the fan setting, also noisey. i like white noise it lulls me to sleep but it was too noisey and needs updating. The poor guy next store was up and down all night also. I could hear him through the paper thin walls. It was very clean but I need to sleep. I left a day early and was charged a 10 percent fee. A lesson learned about independent motels. Nice place but I wouldn't stay there again. The motel did not seem full, so why couldn't I have a bottom floor. Your Average continental breakfast, waffles and cereal. Parking is tight.

Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 March 2009

Stayed here on Friday 3/27. When we checked in they didn't have our reservation. I pulled out the confirmation from our on-line booking and found to my shock that instead of showing this date it had 3-11 which was the date I went online to make the reservation. I don't know if I made the mistake of the online booking company did. Either way we didn't have a reservation for that night. The very nice lady (she and her husband run the motel) gave us a room for the night and said to talk to her husband in the am, as he handles all the bookings. The room was quite large and very clean. It had a microwave and a small fridge. In the morning we talked to the gentleman and explained what had happened. He immediately voided our charge for the previous night since we had already been charged for the wrong night when we hadn't shown up. He could have easily told us we were out of luck since they hadn't made the mistake but that's not the way they are. These are good people. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
TimberLodge Inn
TimberLodge Inn
#12 of 14 in Pinetop-Lakeside
Americas Best Value Inn Show Low

Been to KC Motel? Share your experiences!