“Not happy/impressed with the continental breakfast...”
Review of Super 8 Show Low

Super 8 Show Low
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Show Low

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Show Low
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Had a nice relaxing weekend. Customer Service was friendly & helpful. Hotel & room were clean. Had a good time in the pool & spa. The breakfast was good. Overall I can say the wife & I had a Great weekend.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Apache Junction, Arizona
Reviewed 30 March 2014

My fiance and I stayed here overnight near at the end of March 2014. We stayed here for personal business and it was a better price per night as well as allowing pets. We were traveling with my service dog and our other dog. No problem keeping them with us. However, my first impression when I called to reserve I was not told a confirmation number, what room I had for smoking or non-smoking, if I had a one or two bed room, what the pet fee was, or the total. So, that was a turn off upon even getting there. We were traveling from Apache Junction and they allowed us to check in early instead of 3pm. This hotel is secluded and quiet. There is no sign at the street so you may miss it at first pass. There is an indoor pool, it was open, but we didn't swim.
I had heard that this hotel was musty, smokey, etc so I was prepared to deal with it. But, it wasn't. Our room only smelled of smoke when the neighbors in the smoking room lit anything, which was about 6 times in a half our once in the night and that was it. Our room turned out to be 220 when we got there. Nice view of the pines out back. It is on the second floor and close to the stair end that leads out back near the forest. Was very convenient to just walk down the stairs to go out to walk the dogs. The window in the room opens, the shower was a big round shower, very nice. Sliding door to the bathroom. We didn't use AC or heat the entire visit, just kept the window open for the cool mountain air. Comfy bed, quickest I have ever fallen asleep for a nap. I didn't want to leave! Fridge and microwave in room, DirecTV. Breakfast is the general "continental breakfast" with waffle, cereal, yogurt, toast, a roll, coffee, but if you need something to eat, it's there.

The hotel staff were are nice about having our dogs, always smiled when seeing us, didn't mind that us and the boys were in and out several times out doing things.

Only other issue we had was the key card deactivated itself early morning when I went out walking dogs the card wouldn't let me in the back stair entrance. Not a huge issue, some people would be mad that it was 34 degrees and had to walk around to the front entrance though. I just walked in and said my key wouldn't let me in, went back up to the room to try it, denied me again so walked back to the desk and got them reactivated. The lady at the desk was very helpful.

Will stay here again no question, and be our first choice as long as they continue to allow pets.

Thank you Show Low Super 8!

Room Tip: If you have pets, walking them is better on a room on the back side of the building. Can exercise ou...