“Great Hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Bristol, Vermont
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed 23 January 2013

The hotel was very clean, kids enjoyed the pool. I enjoyed the hot tub. The room was comfortable and the staff was very friendly, especially Evelyn, who served the complimentary breakfast. Food was delicious.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
sierravistamanager, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sierra Vista, responded to this review, 24 January 2013
Hi Billie P! Thank you very much for taking the time to share the experience that you and your family had while staying with us in Sierra Vista. I am happy to hear that our pool area was enjoyable and hopefully the hot tub gave you a few moments of relaxation! I will pass along your kind words to Evelyn personally and will share your review with my team. Please let me know if you have any ideas or suggestions for us. I do hope that we have the chance to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Yorktown, Virginia
Reviewed 22 January 2013

I stay at the sierra Vista Hampton about once a month. The desk clerks and breakfast ladies recognize me and warmly welcome me back each visit. Rooms are modernand always clean. Internet connectivlity is as good as home. A key feature for me is a recip agreement with the local fitness center to use the gym for free--great deal.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
sierravistamanager, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sierra Vista, responded to this review, 23 January 2013
Hi Ken K! I want to thank you personally for taking time to share your experience with us. I really appreciate your kind words about our breakfast hostesses and will pass them along to each individually. I am happy to hear that our Internet and rooms were satisfactory and that you were able to take advantage of our arrangement with Cochise Health and Racquet Club. My team and I are also always looking for suggestions on ways we can improve our operation and performance - please let me know if you have ideas to share! Thank you again and I hope that we see you very soon again in Sierra Vista! Travel Safe!
Reviewed 31 December 2012

We went down to Sierra Vista, AZ to visit friends at Fort Huachucha. We stayed four days during the Christmas holidays. The rooms were clean and modern. The bathroom was fairly luxurious, for this type of hotel. I liked the fact that the shower had a non-stick floor and a handrail, to prevent slippage. The staff was friendly and responsive to guest needs. For example, the cleaning staff forgot to clean our room on Christmas Eve. But, when alerted of this (it was at night), they apologized and gave us a gift basket. We did not have any problems with the rooms being cleaned during the rest of our stay. We just chalked it up to being Christmas Eve, and they probably wanted to let some of the staff go home early. The location was fine, and it wasn't a problem to drive to Fort Huachuca. Cost was around $109/night and we did have two nights on Hilton Honors points. If I visited this area again, I would probably stay at this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
sierravistamanager, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sierra Vista, responded to this review, 2 January 2013
Hi rsruss! Thank you very much for taking the time to review your experience with us! I certainly want to apologize for our oversight in not getting your room cleaned properly on Christmas Eve. Even on holidays we always strive to provide the very best service - we will work on that I promise! Thank you for the kind comments you made about the accommodations in general and the responsiveness of our team. Please let me know if you have any other comments or ideas for us and I hope that we do see you again in Sierra Vista!
Reviewed 21 December 2012

Front desk receptionist was very friendly lady. She offered crayons and cookies and milk two my two boys. Made us feel welcome. Place was very clean; except for carpet. it was worn and discolored but with great customer service, stocked buffet, and clean pool, what do you expect. i would expect worn out carpet: indicates a lot of people staying at this hotel. I would absolutely recommed it to my family/friends. All the stuff in the room worked as well ( lights, tv, a/c, frig, ect.) clean towels and on i could go but im toerd of typing. Zero complaints.

• Stayed November 2012
sierravistamanager, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sierra Vista, responded to this review, 24 December 2012
Hi MissinTexas1! Thank you very much for taking the time to share your family's experience with us. I am happy to hear that our team greeted you and your children and made you all feel welcome - we always have items available for children as we know how very important they are! I appreciate your comment about our 'worn carpet' :) and it is an issue we are aware of and already have a capital plan developed to address. We want everything to be perfect for our guests, and are always working to refine those areas we need help with. I hope that all is well and that we see you again in Sierra Vista!!
Huntington, West Virginia
Reviewed 13 December 2012

My wife and 2 toddlers, 4 and 2, stayed at this hotel recently and it was by far the best experience we have had since having kids. The hotel staff there were awesome from getting us milk for the boys (even in the middle of the night) to getting the pool cleaned and opened a little early so the boys could swim before church to the great breakfast and wonderful hostess that made sure my boys got everything they wanted and kept them entertained. I would highly recommend this hotel anytime.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
sierravistamanager, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sierra Vista, responded to this review, 14 December 2012
Hello FamYNJ! I really appreciate the time you took to share your experience with our property and team. I do understand how busy life can be (especially with 2 toddlers!) and I am happy that we could provide a little assistance along the way while you were with us. We are always ready and willing to go to great lengths to accommodate special guest requests, as we know how it can be the little things that make the difference! I will share your kind comments with my team and I do hope we have the chance to see you and your family again in Sierra Vista!
Denver, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 13 December 2012

I stay in a lot of hotels due to business business travel and at the last minute I booked a room at this property through my company's travel site. (My schedule changed and I needed to visit Sierra Vista). I was pleasantly surprised when someone from the staff called me over the weekend to verify by visit prior to my stay. In addition, they asked if there was anything they could do to make my stay more welcoming. When I arrived, the check in was quick and welcoming and the hotel was well appointed, clean and looked new. The room was quiet and the Internet connection was good. The pillows were excellent (something I'm very picky about!) and I had a great night's sleep. I had some time to do some shopping in the evening and found a mall and another shopping area near by. My check out was also quick and easy and a room service staff member greeted me and we talked for a moment. She happened to have a card in her pocket and suggested I go on Trip Advisor to comment on the hotel. (I thought it was great that everyone was involved in making this hotel a great place to stay.)

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Hi Kimberly :) Thank you so much for taking the time to review your experience with us! Everyone on my team is very involved with ensuring that our guests have the best possible stay at our property. I was pleased to see that areas we focus on (such as pre-arrival confirmation calls, quick check in / check out and ensuring a quality night of sleep) made a positive impression on you! My team and I are always looking for suggestions and ideas, so if you have any please let me know! I do hope that we see again in Sierra Vista!
Reviewed 1 December 2012 via mobile

Usually try to book here when in town due to Hilton loyalty but it's full or at a rate too high to justify. I like the place. Good location near many restaurants and convenient to many stores.I was able to get in finally and the experience was similar to a high end B&B. I was contacted the week prior to double check my profile (e.g. foam pillows or feather) and my check in needs as well as directions. When I check in I had a small gift basket since the type room I booked was unavailable.The young man at the desk was very nice as were all the desk personnel.Breakfast was normal fare but Mary made it special. She treats everyone like a favored grandchild. Wish it were always available.

Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank RangerLee
sierravistamanager, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sierra Vista, responded to this review, 3 December 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us in Sierra Vista! I noted that you stated that you have had difficulty getting a reservation here at times and I certainly apologize for that inconvenience. I am not sure how far in advance you can plan your travel; however we do usually sell out M- Th about 3 weeks in advance. We also offer a waiting list service, so anytime that you cannot find availability or the rate plan you need, please contact our Guest Service Manager as she can place you on that list and keep you updated. I am happy that some of my team members made a positive impression on you and I will pass along all of your comments to my team. I am always available to speak with you directly if you have any other comments, questions or ideas for us. Thanks again and I hope we see you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sierra Vista
Garden Place Suites
Garden Place Suites
#3 of 22 in Sierra Vista
The Tombstone Grand Hotel

Been to Hampton Inn Sierra Vista? Share your experiences!