“Small Room But Otherwise Good”

Hampton Inn Sierra Vista
Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Sierra Vista
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Reserved two rooms with king beds for business trip to Sierra Vista months in advance. Upon arrival we were told that they only had rooms with queen beds. Rooms we got were small corner rooms with one queen bed, for the same govt. rate that we booked the king rooms for. While small, the rooms included a fridge and walk-in shower. In addition to standard complimentary breakfast, the hotel offered a light meal and drinks Mon through Weds. The fitness room was under construction so we received passes to a racquetball club around the corner. It was nice to catch a Zumba class while on the road. Overall, the stay wasn't bad, despite the small room.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
sierravistamanager, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sierra Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Hi Rose M! Thank you for staying with us and I do apologize for any issue that you had with the size of your room. I do appreciate the other details you pointed out and I will be sure to share them with my team at our daily meeting. Travel safely and I do hope we see you again in Sierra Vista!

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Nice hotel, great customer service! Evelyn will make sure your breakfast is nice and the people at the counter make sure your satisfied with your stay. They just got a new workout facility, have everything but pull down/universal machine but they do have free weights and a treadmill and elliptical. This is my favorite hotel in the area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank john t
sierravistamanager, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sierra Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Hello john t! Thank you for staying with us and for taking time to write a review. I know my team will be pleased to hear that they made such a positive impression and that you enjoyed our amenities. We do appreciate your loyalty and hope that we see you again soon in Sierra Vista!

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Our family visits Sierra Vista at least once a year. We chose Hampton Inn because we are Hilton Honors members. We liked the location and the staff are friendly and helpful. The only time we stay in a different hotel is when the Hampton is full.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
sierravistamanager, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sierra Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Hello Neil W! Thank you for staying with us again! I know my team will be pleased to hear the kind words about your stay and will want me to pass along a "please visit us again soon!" We are always looking to improve, so please let us know if you have ideas or suggestions for us. All the best to you and your family - travel safe!

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Over all this is a wonderful hotel, the cleaners missed the leftover food in the fridge and when I reported it I was looked after wonderfuly, breakfast staff where there making sure everyone where happy and the front desk staff where very helpfull I will go back there again

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
sierravistamanager, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sierra Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Hello Gavin H! Thank you for staying with us! I do apologize for the issue you encountered with the food in the refrigerator and I do appreciate that you afforded us an opportunity to correct our oversight with such a generous attitude. I will share your feedback with my team and I know they will want to pass along a 'Thank You' from them also. I do hope we see you again in Sierra Vista!

Reviewed 2 July 2014

The hotel is a great place to stay. Clean quiet rooms, and the staff made it a joy to be there. I really can't say enough about the staff.. They made sure there aaas always fresh coffee and tea in the lobby, as well as snacks and goodies through out the day. They also provided insight into the area and places to go and see. While Sierra Vista has a lot of hotels, this is one of the best in the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
sierravistamanager, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sierra Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Hi Kurt B! Thank you very much for staying with us and taking time to write a review! Your kind words are very much appreciated and I will pass them along directly to my team at our daily meeting. We do work hard to ensure that every guest feels truly welcomed and at home and I am pleased to know that we made such a postive impression. Please let us know if you have any ideas for improvement. Travel safe!

Reviewed 21 June 2014

This hotel is exactly what you expect in a Hampton Inn: clean, comfortable and a good value with free wi-fi and free breakfast included. What makes it stand out is the truly excellent service we received from all the staff for our 3-night stay. Evelyn in particular in the breakfast area was outstanding. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Sierra Vista. Honestly I don't see how this isn't the #1 hotel in Sierra Vista.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side (odd numbered rooms) are cooler because they get less direct afternoon sun.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
sierravistamanager, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sierra Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Hello jscul! Thank you very much for staying with us and I do appreciate your kind words about our property and team. I will pass them along directly at our daily meeting along with your specific comments about Evelyn. We are always looking to improve, so please let us know if you have ideas or suggestions for us. Travel safe and I hope we see you again!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Overall I was very pleased with my stay at the Hampton Inn. Bill at the front desk particularly stood out. He did whatever he could to deliver excellent service and my stay a pleasant one. I would definitely return.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
sierravistamanager, General Manager at Hampton Inn Sierra Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Hi Steve B! Thank you for staying with us! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit and I do appreciate that you made special mention of Bill. I will ensure that your kind words are passed along to him. Please let us know if you have any suggestions for us and I do hope we see you again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sierra Vista
Candlewood Suites Sierra Vista
Candlewood Suites Sierra Vista
#12 of 21 in Sierra Vista
The Tombstone Grand Hotel

Been to Hampton Inn Sierra Vista? Share your experiences!