“I wish every hotel I stayed in was exactly like this one”

Garden Place Suites
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Sierra Vista
Reviewed 7 June 2013

We were in Sierra Vista to have our 2 days of training from Arizona Doggy Dude Ranch bc After our dogs' stay for boarding school, we had to learn how to be good dog owners and continue with the training they'd received. I had a hard time choosing a hotel to stay in, but eventually picked Garden Place. So very glad I did.

We stayed for 2 nights.

Check-in... easy. Desk guy brought out the self serve luggage cart for me as soon as I asked where it was. He didn't point or give me directions... he brought it to me. YES! Took our luggage to the room, opened the door and the cleanest (non-perfumy) scent wafted out. YES! Unloaded and took cart back. The room was good sized had an enormously tall window and equally high ceilings. A king bed. Excellent pillows. A kitchenette which proved very useful as we were too tired after our training to sit in a restaurant so we made quick salads each night.

Fitness room was the nicest I have seen in this tier of hotel. And the pool was nice and had a special setup for wheelchair bound swimmers to get in the pool and spa too, I think. The view from the pool was awesome.

The breakfast the 1st day was Western omelettes and rosemary red potatoes. Yummy. Along with the usual breakfast items like make them yourself waffles, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, bread and pastries, cereal, juices and coffee, tea, hot chocolate.

The second day was little breakfast burritos and bacon slices.

The parking lot was clean and felt safe. Many security cameras around. The tv's were nice. The staff were incredible.

It was a pleasure to stay there. I wish every hotel I stayed in was just like this. (Except, I do usually travel with my dogs and there is a no pet policy. Probably why the rooms smell so good.) The price was good considering how nice the hotel was.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Jason M, General Manager at Garden Place Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2013

Thank you so much for your kind review! On behalf of our entire team, we are pleased that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay at Garden Place Suites. We are also pleased that you found our services to be more than satisfactory and our location convenient near all there is to see and do around Sierra Vista. We strive everyday to be the BEST IN THE BUSINESS!!! We are also grateful that you took the time to comment on how your stay was with us. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 5 June 2013

Stayed at the Garden Place Suites while visiting a dear friend, visiting Tombstone, Bisbee & Kartchner Caverns. This is a great place to stay. Kitchenette, frig, comfortable bed, linens, wi-fi, breakfast...was perfect for what we needed. Great value for the price. The staff was the greatest!!! Very friendly and helpful. We will be staying here on our next visit!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your kind review! On behalf of our entire team, we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Garden Place Suites. We strive everyday to be the BEST IN THE BUSINESS!!! We appreciate you recognizing our staff for the service they give everyday to our valued guests. As the General Manager, it is my responsibility to make sure my staff has the ability to empower themselves and that they find the confidence in being able to take care of anything that may arise. We are also grateful that you took the time to comment on how your stay was with us. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 27 May 2013

We spent 2 nights in Sierra Vista, using the town as a base to visit regional attractions. We chose the Garden Place Suites based on the offerings, price and location. The hotel met or exceeded most of our expectations. When we return we plan to stay again at this hotel. Listed below are specific details of the visit.

Location: easy access from Buffalo Soldier Trail. Hotel is within walking distance to Fort Huachuca as well as several restaurants and bars. 24 hour gas station and market is across the street. Area is clean and feels safe.

Room: large room with desk, sofa and coffee table in addition to bed and tv. Kitchenette was very clean and had full sized refrigerator, 2 burner electric stove and small sink. Bathroom was clean and well stocked with towels and soap items.

Services: free wifi and bottled water in rooms. Restaurant/lounge offers free hot breakfast in the morning. In the evening we both received a complimentary beer or glass of wine. The restaurant/lounge also serves beer and wine at very competitive prices. The front desk was friendly and helpful during all shifts. The employees gave the impression they enjoyed their jobs.

The only service we found lacking – After a day of hiking about the Huachucas we returned to find our room was not made. This was probably the result of an oversight involving a “Do Not Disturb” sign temporarily on the door earlier in the day. I suppose we could have a raised a fuss, but at that point all we wanted was a shower and a nap. If there is any suggestion we could offer to the management, it would be to have the room cleaning process monitored more closely.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 3rd floor above the swimming pool. Though not especially loud, frolickers could...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Jason M, General Manager at Garden Place Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2013

Thank you so much for your kind review! On behalf of our entire team, we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Garden Place Suites and found our location to be "SWEET!". We strive everyday to be the BEST IN THE BUSINESS!!! We appreciate you recognizing your room to be especially clean and your accommodations to be more than satisfactory. I do apologize for the mix-up with the Do Not Disturb. They have been trained and are supposed to write down that they have checked rooms with Do Not Disturb signs 3 times during the day (once in the AM, once around lunchtime, and then once more before the end of the day). As the General Manager, it is my responsibility to make sure my staff has the ability to empower themselves and that they find the confidence in being able to take care of anything that may arise. We are also grateful that you took the time to comment on how your stay was with us. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 26 May 2013

I selected this hotel by my GPS while traveling and was very happy with the room and service. The room had a little kitchenette. There was bottled water and a snack in the room. The room was clean. I would recommend this hotel. It was also very reasonable in price.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Jason M, General Manager at Garden Place Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2013

Thank you so much for your kind review! On behalf of our entire team, we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Garden Place Suites and found our location to be "A Very Nice Surprise!". We strive everyday to be the BEST IN THE BUSINESS!!! We appreciate you recognizing your room to be especially clean. The housekeeping department is truly the BACKBONE of the hotel industry. As the General Manager, it is my responsibility to make sure my staff has the ability to empower themselves and that they find the confidence in being able to take care of anything that may arise. We are also grateful that you took the time to comment on how your stay was with us. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 21 May 2013

I was in Sierra Vista as my nephew was having his class graduation at Ft. Huachuca, so I decided to try Garden Place Suites, based on other reviews. What a good decision! Caring, attentive staff. Comfortable and clean rooms, and when I say clean, I mean spotless. I even noticed that the bathroom exhaust fan had was sparkling clean. Organic personal products which I, as a cancer survivor, really appreciate. Some of the fluffiest hotel towels I have ever used. The bed was a little on the hard side, that's about the only negative thing I can say. The breakfast buffet was very nice, watched over by very attentive staff. Good variety of choices and decent coffee. I had a great night's sleep and was ready to go the next day! Thanks Garden Place Suites.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Jason M, General Manager at Garden Place Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2013

Thank you so much for your kind review! On behalf of our entire team, we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Garden Place Suites and found our location to be "A Pleasant Surprise!". We strive everyday to be the BEST IN THE BUSINESS!!! We appreciate you recognizing the staff, especially the housekeeping staff, and the positive attitude they bring to work everyday. It truly DOES make a difference. The housekeeping department is truly the BACKBONE of the hotel industry. As the General Manager, it is my responsibility to make sure my staff has the ability to empower themselves and that they find the confidence in being able to take care of anything that may arise. We are also grateful that you took the time to comment on how your stay was with us. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 19 May 2013 via mobile

Thank you to the staff for making our stay at Ft Huachuca a memorable occasion. Our son graduated from AIT at Ft Huachuca, from the minute we arrived the staff was awesome. We were able to sit by the pool around the fire pit the last night as my son and his buddy's recalled a few memories of the past year. Everything was clean, bed was very comfortable, including the furniture in the sitting area of the room. If we ever need to travel back to the Ft. Huachuca area this would be our first choice. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2013
Jason M, General Manager at Garden Place Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2013

Thank you so much for your kind review! On behalf of our entire team, we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Garden Place Suites and found our location to be your "Home Away From Home". We strive everyday to be the BEST IN THE BUSINESS!!! We appreciate you recognizing the staff in general and the positive attitude they bring to work everyday. It truly DOES make a difference. As the General Manager, it is my responsibility to make sure my staff has the ability to empower themselves and that they find the confidence in being able to take care of anything that may arise. We are also grateful that you took the time to comment on how your stay was with us. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 18 May 2013

Other reviews are accurate. After checking in you become family, or so it seems. Staff address you by name and go out of their way to assist you/make your stay comfortable. For example, when checking in I mentioned a minor car problem to the front desk staff. As we were coming back into the lobby with our luggage I was given a printout with directions and contact info for local service providers. Outstanding. On another occasion we experienced wi-fi problems. Taylor, who staffs the afternoon/evening shift, apologized and readily moved us to an area of the hotel with excellent wi-fi coverage.

The rooms are clean, spacious and leave little to be desired. Breakfast was fine and the evening wine/beer offering was an excellent way to end the day and share experiences with other guests. I might add that this is the only hotel after many, many years of travel that included handshakes and hugs from the staff. Many thanks. If we get back to southern Arizona, you're number one on our list of places to stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your kind review! On behalf of our entire team, we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Garden Place Suites and found our location convenient near all there is to see and do around Sierra Vista. We strive everyday to be the BEST IN THE BUSINESS!!! We appreciate you recognizing Taylor for her efforts and the staff in general and the positive attitude they bring to work everyday. It truly DOES make a difference. As the General Manager, it is my responsibility to make sure my staff has the ability to empower themselves and that they find the confidence in being able to take care of anything that may arise. We are also grateful that you took the time to comment on how your stay was with us. We look forward to your next visit!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sierra Vista
The Tombstone Grand Hotel
Candlewood Suites Sierra Vista
Candlewood Suites Sierra Vista
#11 of 22 in Sierra Vista

Been to Garden Place Suites? Share your experiences!