“6-30-13”

Garden Place Suites
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Sierra Vista
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Before booking the hotel via tripadvisors I had a few questions and a special request regarding adjoing rooms ( our granddaughter and a friend both 12 were having a sleep over and I wanted to make sure we would have connecting rooms. the front desk staff ?? went out her way to help me unfortunatly the computers went down and she was unable to send the confirmation but would call me as soon as the system came back up, within minutes I had the reservation complete. The next day when I hadn't received the confirmation via email I called the hotel to check our reservation and it was not in the system (I do not find fault with the staff as we have all had a problem when our computers went down.) Upon calling again I spoke to the sales manager (sorry I do not remember her name only that she was from England).She took care of the reservation and even discounted the rooms.Everything about this hotel was exceptional the rooms were large and comfortable except for the pillows they are very hard I'm glad I brought my own please change them.

Room Tip: Bring your own pillow.
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Jason M, General Manager at Garden Place Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2013

Thank you so much for your kind review! On behalf of our entire team, we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Garden Place Suites and found our location to be satisfactory. We strive everyday to be the BEST IN THE BUSINESS!!! We appreciate you recognizing the staff, especially the front desk staff and my sales manager, and the positive attitude they bring to work everyday. It truly DOES make a difference. As the General Manager, it is my responsibility to make sure my staff has the ability to empower themselves and that they find the confidence in being able to take care of anything that may arise. We are also grateful that you took the time to comment on how your stay was with us. We look forward to your next visit!

There are newer reviews for Garden Place Suites

Reviewed 1 July 2013

I stayed here at Garden Place for a month while I was training at Fort Huachuca. The hotel was very clean and accommodating, and the staff were helpful and professional. Taylor, Tyler, and Stephanie were especially welcoming and friendly. I did especially like the free daily beverage and of course the $6 pitchers. :) Breakfast hours were great compared to other hotels in the area (5am to 1030am); and there was a different "main" hot breakfast every day, along with all of the typical hotel breakfast food. Rooms were cleaned well and as often as I preferred. Any problems or questions I had were taken care of in a practical and timely manner. I will be recommending Garden Place to any friends who visit Sierra Vista.
-Nathan, Rm 112

Room Tip: Not by the pool - especially on weekends. Unless you're one of us that will be hanging out by th...
Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Jason M, General Manager at Garden Place Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

Thank you so much for your kind review! On behalf of our entire team, we are pleased that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay at Garden Place Suites. We are also pleased that you found our services to be more than satisfactory and our location convenient near all there is to see and do around Sierra Vista. We are especially pleased that Taylor, Tyler, & Stephanie offered exceptional service to you. We strive everyday to be the BEST IN THE BUSINESS!!! We are also grateful that you took the time to comment on how your stay was with us. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 26 June 2013

We got in around 4 PM to rest from our trip from Hermosillo all the way up to Sierra Vista, at first sight all the facilities were really good. Our Suite was prime conditions. Pool are was right next to our room and even if we didn't have time to go to the pool, it looked nice and also the fitness center.

Breakfast was included and is one of the bests I had in this kind of hotels.
Staff was really friendly and kind and the place is very quiet and nice, the only downpoint to be next to the pool is that there were people Sat night and they were speaking really loud and we couldnt get to sleep until after 11PM. Event the 2 yo kid was having a hard time to sleep being so tired from the trip and walking around on the park and shopping.

Room Tip: Do not get the ones that are next to the pool area, We get that one because it was cheaper but it di...
1  Thank Cesar A
Jason M, General Manager at Garden Place Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2013

Thank you so much for your kind review! On behalf of our entire team, we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Garden Place Suites. I sincerely apologize for the loud guests in the pool area on Saturday night. My front desk has been instructed to bring guests in no later than 11:00 pm (pool closes at 11:00pm) from the pool area. Noisy guests in the pool area late at night is not a problem we typically have. When issues such as these are brought to our attention, we take care of them immediately. My staff has been trained to be able to respond to situations like this with promptness and professionalism. We strive everyday to be the BEST IN THE BUSINESS!!! We are grateful that you took the time to comment on how your stay was with us. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 7 June 2013

We were in Sierra Vista to have our 2 days of training from Arizona Doggy Dude Ranch bc After our dogs' stay for boarding school, we had to learn how to be good dog owners and continue with the training they'd received. I had a hard time choosing a hotel to stay in, but eventually picked Garden Place. So very glad I did.

We stayed for 2 nights.

Check-in... easy. Desk guy brought out the self serve luggage cart for me as soon as I asked where it was. He didn't point or give me directions... he brought it to me. YES! Took our luggage to the room, opened the door and the cleanest (non-perfumy) scent wafted out. YES! Unloaded and took cart back. The room was good sized had an enormously tall window and equally high ceilings. A king bed. Excellent pillows. A kitchenette which proved very useful as we were too tired after our training to sit in a restaurant so we made quick salads each night.

Fitness room was the nicest I have seen in this tier of hotel. And the pool was nice and had a special setup for wheelchair bound swimmers to get in the pool and spa too, I think. The view from the pool was awesome.

The breakfast the 1st day was Western omelettes and rosemary red potatoes. Yummy. Along with the usual breakfast items like make them yourself waffles, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, bread and pastries, cereal, juices and coffee, tea, hot chocolate.

The second day was little breakfast burritos and bacon slices.

The parking lot was clean and felt safe. Many security cameras around. The tv's were nice. The staff were incredible.

It was a pleasure to stay there. I wish every hotel I stayed in was just like this. (Except, I do usually travel with my dogs and there is a no pet policy. Probably why the rooms smell so good.) The price was good considering how nice the hotel was.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Jason M, General Manager at Garden Place Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2013

Thank you so much for your kind review! On behalf of our entire team, we are pleased that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay at Garden Place Suites. We are also pleased that you found our services to be more than satisfactory and our location convenient near all there is to see and do around Sierra Vista. We strive everyday to be the BEST IN THE BUSINESS!!! We are also grateful that you took the time to comment on how your stay was with us. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 5 June 2013

Stayed at the Garden Place Suites while visiting a dear friend, visiting Tombstone, Bisbee & Kartchner Caverns. This is a great place to stay. Kitchenette, frig, comfortable bed, linens, wi-fi, breakfast...was perfect for what we needed. Great value for the price. The staff was the greatest!!! Very friendly and helpful. We will be staying here on our next visit!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your kind review! On behalf of our entire team, we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Garden Place Suites. We strive everyday to be the BEST IN THE BUSINESS!!! We appreciate you recognizing our staff for the service they give everyday to our valued guests. As the General Manager, it is my responsibility to make sure my staff has the ability to empower themselves and that they find the confidence in being able to take care of anything that may arise. We are also grateful that you took the time to comment on how your stay was with us. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 27 May 2013

We spent 2 nights in Sierra Vista, using the town as a base to visit regional attractions. We chose the Garden Place Suites based on the offerings, price and location. The hotel met or exceeded most of our expectations. When we return we plan to stay again at this hotel. Listed below are specific details of the visit.

Location: easy access from Buffalo Soldier Trail. Hotel is within walking distance to Fort Huachuca as well as several restaurants and bars. 24 hour gas station and market is across the street. Area is clean and feels safe.

Room: large room with desk, sofa and coffee table in addition to bed and tv. Kitchenette was very clean and had full sized refrigerator, 2 burner electric stove and small sink. Bathroom was clean and well stocked with towels and soap items.

Services: free wifi and bottled water in rooms. Restaurant/lounge offers free hot breakfast in the morning. In the evening we both received a complimentary beer or glass of wine. The restaurant/lounge also serves beer and wine at very competitive prices. The front desk was friendly and helpful during all shifts. The employees gave the impression they enjoyed their jobs.

The only service we found lacking – After a day of hiking about the Huachucas we returned to find our room was not made. This was probably the result of an oversight involving a “Do Not Disturb” sign temporarily on the door earlier in the day. I suppose we could have a raised a fuss, but at that point all we wanted was a shower and a nap. If there is any suggestion we could offer to the management, it would be to have the room cleaning process monitored more closely.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 3rd floor above the swimming pool. Though not especially loud, frolickers could...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Jason M, General Manager at Garden Place Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2013

Thank you so much for your kind review! On behalf of our entire team, we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Garden Place Suites and found our location to be "SWEET!". We strive everyday to be the BEST IN THE BUSINESS!!! We appreciate you recognizing your room to be especially clean and your accommodations to be more than satisfactory. I do apologize for the mix-up with the Do Not Disturb. They have been trained and are supposed to write down that they have checked rooms with Do Not Disturb signs 3 times during the day (once in the AM, once around lunchtime, and then once more before the end of the day). As the General Manager, it is my responsibility to make sure my staff has the ability to empower themselves and that they find the confidence in being able to take care of anything that may arise. We are also grateful that you took the time to comment on how your stay was with us. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 26 May 2013

I selected this hotel by my GPS while traveling and was very happy with the room and service. The room had a little kitchenette. There was bottled water and a snack in the room. The room was clean. I would recommend this hotel. It was also very reasonable in price.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Jason M, General Manager at Garden Place Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2013

Thank you so much for your kind review! On behalf of our entire team, we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Garden Place Suites and found our location to be "A Very Nice Surprise!". We strive everyday to be the BEST IN THE BUSINESS!!! We appreciate you recognizing your room to be especially clean. The housekeeping department is truly the BACKBONE of the hotel industry. As the General Manager, it is my responsibility to make sure my staff has the ability to empower themselves and that they find the confidence in being able to take care of anything that may arise. We are also grateful that you took the time to comment on how your stay was with us. We look forward to your next visit!