“Simply the Best Hotel in Sierra Vista”

Garden Place Suites
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Sierra Vista
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Simply the Best Hotel in Sierra Vista”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2011

As I relied on Trip Advisor when I booked my reservation at Garden Place Suites, I thought it only appropriate to add yet another glowing review of this hotel. We were in town on business and stayed at Garden Place Suites for three nights. As their website indicates, they are the newest hotel in town and I would assert the best hotel in town as well.

The hotel lobby is warm and inviting with a big fireplace separating the check-in area and the dining area. There is not a restaurant per say on the premises, but they serve a great continental breakfast plus a selection of hot entrees like bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs, and waffles. Plus there is always a big bowl of fruit out for the taking all day long. In the evening, they host a "happy hour" where your first beer or wine is complimentary (soda or bottled water for the teetotalers) chips, salsa and popcorn are provided. Both the breakfast and happy hour are included in the price of the room.

Speaking of the price of the room, I thought it was very reasonable for the quality of the accommodations. The room itself was quite large with a king bed, small couch and recliner and flat screen TV. There is a nice sized desk with free internet service. Each room comes with a little kitchenette stocked with dishes, glasses and silverware as well as a full size refrigerator, microwave, mini stove and small sink area. The bathroom is spacious. The room was immaculate; our maid Marie did a great job each day.

I was most impressed with the hotel staff. They were so friendly and accommodating; outstanding customer service. A special thanks to the hotel general manager, Erin and front desk representative Angela, who really made our stay enjoyable.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Sierra Vista area.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Kathy080912

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Orlando
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2011

I stayed for one week at this hotel. I was very pleased with every aspect of my stay. The price was reasonable, and the staff was very helpful and friendly.
The room was very spacious for one person. The kitchenette was updated, clean, and very handy. The desk had a handy plug for charging laptops/phones above the workspace. (seems like a small thing until you have to crawl under a table somewhere to find a plug... lol). Wireless Internet worked well.
The couch and recliner were comfy and a great place for relaxing and watching tv or eating.
Bed was comfy, linens were new and clean.
Bathroom was great - very clean.

Breakfast was a good deal - fresh waffles, hard boiled eggs, juices, coffee, etc.

Afternoon happy hour was popular (free beer or wine - first glass)... popcorn, chips. Great!

Best of all was the staff - helped me with restaurant recommendations, and finding local businesses that could assist me with the things i had to do in the area.

Didn't experience the pool area - too cold in December. But - they had a grill outside so that you could cook if you wanted to. how cool!

I know my review says 'no complaints'... but if I had to complain about something, it would be that the doors are loud when they shut. (same is true at most hotels, really... i have a noise tolerance issue... lol)

Would love to stay here again, if i am in the area.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
Phoenix
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2011

We got the holiday special and the room was clean & nice, a full king and sofa bed at an outstanding price. The staff was very friendly and we had a complimentary beverage of our choosing. Free popcorn and lots to choose from on the morning breakfast.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2010

My sister and I had such an incredible stay in April at Garden Place Suites, I made reservations again to bring my husband with me this time to visit my brother in Sierra Visa over the Thanksgiving holidays !
My husband discovered why I loved it so much the first time! It's a very safe environment and the staff treat you like family. The rooms are very clean and give you all the comforts of home. The manager even remembered things from my previous stay! We'd certainly make it our only place to stay in Sierra Vista ! Thank you !!!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Pasadena, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2010

i highly recommend this hotel for its excellent service, staff, and amenities. The staff there was very friendly and went beyond the call of duty in meeting my business and personal needs. The rooms are immaculate and the staff noteworthy. I left some valuable items in my room in my haste to make a business appt. and was very impressed by the staff's reliability and integrity in making sure all my things were returned. I want to thank the whole staff there, especially Tonyia and Luipita, whose outstanding service made my stay most pleasant.

G.A.C. : )

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2010

Seriously, this is by-far, one of the best hotel experiences I've had. I was in SV for 3 weeks attending a course at Fort Huachuca and needed a place to stay. I stayed at Sierra Suites, and after one night there, I had to find something else (not good). I called and made a reservation with Tanya, and the next day checked in. As I was walking through the lobby to leave for class the following morning, Tanya shouted "have a nice day, Gary." I was really surprised she remembered my name, but thought it was really a sweet thing to say. Anyway- the rest of my time spent in and out was the same- Tanya and Angela are two of the nicest hotel clerks/receptionist that I've met. Anyway- thank you for a great experience ladies. About the hotel- the rooms are huge, with a 2-burner stove, full refrigerator, pots, pans, dishes, sink etc. Flat screen TV, HBO, wireless internet (was excellent), love seat, recliner, coffee table, etc, etc. The gym is really great too- two flat screens, 3 cardio machines, weight machine, etc. Pool was great too with hot tub! Complimentary breakfast was great every morning downstairs... I could go on and on. I just really enjoyed this place a lot. Don't waste your time and money anywhere else- it's excellent.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
El Sobrante, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2010

I'll start by saying the only problem I had with the Garden Place Suites was that I wished the the handicapped parking had been a bit closer to the entrance (I walk with a cane). Other than that, the staff and amenities at this hotel are excellent. Everyone was terrific. I was there to see a family member ill with cancer, and the staff (especially Tanya, one of the managers) were very kind and supportive. Comfortable bed and pillows; delicious, fresh breakfast; spotlessly clean; adequate mini-kitchen; sufficiently quiet; good A/C; nicely styled layout. And a recliner to sit in--what a wonderful gift to someone with limited mobility!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo