“Disappointed..”

Ranked #14 of 22 Hotels in Sierra Vista
Tucson, Arizona
“Disappointed..”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We stayed 4th of July weekend 2014. I was really looking forward to staying here based on others reviews. I was traveling with my husband as well as my mother and father in law (they had a separate room) We checked in with no issues, friendly enough staff. Once settled in we asked how things were in my in laws room...FIL stated that there was hair/trash in the bathroom trash can so they pulled back the covers on the bed to find brown stains on the sheets. They called the front desk with no answer went down to the desk and were told "The housekeeper marked that they changed the sheets, they are clean just stained." Well that is unacceptable enough, however my FIL was handed the "clean" sheets and had to change the bed himself. There was also no remote control in their room and he had to once again go down to the front desk to get a remote. It rained that weekend and as my husband and I were sitting out the rain in our room discovered that the window leaked, pretty badly. I tried to call the front desk and got no answer once again. Decided to leave a towel under the window and call it a bad experience. We checked out the next day and will not be staying there in the future. We got a good rate for the holiday weekend, but I guess you get what you pay for. Too bad cause I really wanted a good stay as the other reviewers had.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tina J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Georgetown, Texas
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Our stay started with a friendly greeting from the person at the counter. When we got to our room, it was clean, the kitchen area was so nice. We were able to fix our own meals. We checked out the next day, but due to high winds could not leave Sierra Vista. When we called the Suburban, the clerk was very friendly and remembered us. He told us to come on over, he'd have a room. We got there, were again met with a friendly face who gave us the same room we had the night before. A beautiful hotel with friendly staff and clean, comfortable rooms and great prices. I highly recommend them.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Donnieseas
Emmaus
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We have been in several "extended stay" types of motels before, but this was certainly the best. There is a bedroom that is separated from the living room/kitchen area. The kitchen is fully equipped, it even has a dishwasher, and they provide dishwashing detergent. The staff were friendly and helpful, and the motel is dog-friendly. The price is very reasonable for what you get, probably for all of the folks visiting their relatives or friends at Ft. Huachuca.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Tucson, Arizona, United States
Reviewed 26 January 2014

We had never stayed in a extended stay hotel before but we absolutely LOVED this one in Sierra Vista. The rooms were clean, plenty of clean dishes and supplies, great fitness room,the staff was very helpful.
Anyone who knows me knows that I am very fussy about hotel rooms and to find one that was as nice as this one has to be nice.And the fee was also very reasonable.
Overall I would give this hotel a 100%. They care about their guests and show it.
I will definitely go back next time we go to visit Tombstone. It's just a short drive down the road to Tombstone from the hotel.

Room Tip: We got a king sized bed and the room came with everything you need. Couldn't be more pleased..I...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Deb R
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed 25 October 2013

This is still a friendly and clean hotel, and I would still stay when I come to Sierra Vista. They have no breakfast and the coffee in the lobby is not very good. You would do better to brew the coffee in room or walk the long block to McDonalds

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Pueblo, Colorado
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Stayed while visiting family in the area. The pull out sofa mattress was very worn and not as comfortable to sleep on. The king sized bed was very nice and comfortable. The room was clean and in great shape. The staff could not have been friendlier or more helpful. I would definitely stay here again and recommend them as a top pick when in the area.

Room Tip: You can get a separate bedroom with a queen sized bed and the sofa sleeper in the living room for mo...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Hereford, Arizona
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Stayed there nearly a week. Nice clean hotel with all you need. The crew, desk clerks especially were better than first rate.
I only have 2 minor complaints: They charged me $10 for checking out early even though I gave them 36 hours notice, and the coffee maker in the room made awful coffee. The last is normal for nearly every hotel I have ever been in.

Room Tip: Not near much, you will have to travel a bit for food or even a beer.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo