“good”

Ranked #1 of 133 Restaurants in Sierra Vista
Price range: US$5 - US$18
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Authentic German Cuisine & Hospitality Including other International Specialties: Bringing Germany to Sierra Vista, Arizona
wisconsin
“good”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Every time we travel to visit relatives in Sierra Vista we make a point of going here to eat. It is off the beaten path . Worth looking for. The potato pancakes are tastier than my german mom
used to make. Very good food. You don't want to be in a hurry when you go there.

• Visited March 2014

Benson, Arizona
“Wunderbar! Ausgeseichnet!”
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

I went there for dinner two nights ago by myself since I am on company business. I read the reviews and was anticipating high quality authentic German food. My mother was German and I was raised in Germany as well so I know a little bit about authentic German food. I ordered the potato pancakes with applesauce and sour cream. Wow! They were fantastic! I'm not sure how much someone can do to make them taste as authentic, but they were. For the main course I had the Roulade plate with potato, gravy and red cabbage. They were out of red cabbage so they substituted cucumber salad which was fine. The whole meal was great: it was perfectly done, melt in your mouth tasty. The cucumber salad was not too sweet- just how my mom used to make it. It took me back to sitting at my dinner table with my family when I was a child. The service was excellent, my waiter was very attentive, since I can be a needy, thirsty customer. My appetizer was served within 10 minutes, the main course within 20 minutes. The server kept apologizing profusely for the extended wait time. Overall, it was great customer service accompanied with fantastic, authentic food in an interesting setting. Thank you German cafe for helping me relive it a Wonderful experience. I will be back!

1 Thank BigOhvac
Baldwin City, Kansas
“Yummmmm!!!! So good we didn't eat anywhere else!!!!”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We read the reviews on Trip Advisor and visited the restaurant for dinner which was during a weekday. A bit hard to find, as mentioned in previous reviews. as the German Cafe sits back in a strip mall next to Paul's Pub (which are the bathrooms you use by the way for the restaurant but are clean and no problem). Once you know where the restaurant is it's easy to get to but we were new in town. So got to the restaurant for dinner and it looked like the dinner rush had ended but the restaurant was still almost full. The wait staff were incredibly friendly and service was swift and excellent which I really appreciate. There are specials each day so the next day we came back for the schnitzel. Everything was yummmmy good and the desserts homemade and delectable! It's a small restaurant so don't expect fancy smancy but the food is homemade and it's all very German with a good selection of German beers and wine. A unique experience in Sierra Vista!!! It would be worth moving to the town just to be able to eat here every week and I am totally serious!!!! Loved you guys!!!!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank kurtrs
Incline Village
“This was sooooooooo Gooooooood!”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Mom and I stopped in after a long hike up Ramsey Canyon. It was GREAT!!!!!
Took home about 1/3 of the meal to enjoy the next day. Very good food. Loved our meal selections. Very very tasty. Reasonable prices.

• Visited March 2014
Sierra Vista, Arizona
“Good food!”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We go to the German Cafe when we are really hungry for GOOD German food. Service is excellent. Cozy atmosphere. Possible wait.

• Visited April 2014