“Yummy”

Ranked #2 of 133 Restaurants in Sierra Vista
Price range: US$5 - US$18
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Authentic German Cuisine & Hospitality Including other International Specialties: Bringing Germany to Sierra Vista, Arizona
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We had lunch here and loved the schnitzel, potato pancakes, warm potato salad and the french onion soup. We didn't get any dessert- too full!! Next time we will split a few main dishes and then try dessert. This is a small, dated restaurant, with some fun kitschy German stuff here and there- service was a little slow, and they filled up fast! If you need to use the bathroom- it is next door int he bar!

Reviewed 8 May 2014

This is a friendly, comfy little place with good food. I was raised on German food, and it was like a taste of home. The folks were very friendly, engaged in conversation with us, as we were eating early. We had some really nice German wine. I think I had Jaeger Schnitzel as the main course. We both left fully satisfied. It is kind of off the main drags. I just programmed the address into the GPS and found it without much trouble. If you get there too early, have a drink at the bar next door and yak with the veterans who hang out there.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

I really could not wait to eat at this place and brought several folks traveling with me because I was certain we were going to get authentic German food. Unfortunately Schnitzel Tuesday is not a good time to eat there. We promptly took our seats and order different variations of schnitzel. The schnitzel itself was clearly a mass produced patty with thin tasteless breading, the mushroom gravy was salty and more than likely from a mix. The other folks in my party all had the same experience I did. Tue one brought spot were the sides, which were all tasty. I had read several reviews that said their desserts were to see for so, we all different desserts to go. Not one of the desserts tasted freshly made and no one got beyond two bites. Do not waste your time or money on dinner at this place, lunch might be better, but I was to shell-shocked to return.

4  Thank Kitsho
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Every time we travel to visit relatives in Sierra Vista we make a point of going here to eat. It is off the beaten path . Worth looking for. The potato pancakes are tastier than my german mom
used to make. Very good food. You don't want to be in a hurry when you go there.

Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

I went there for dinner two nights ago by myself since I am on company business. I read the reviews and was anticipating high quality authentic German food. My mother was German and I was raised in Germany as well so I know a little bit about authentic German food. I ordered the potato pancakes with applesauce and sour cream. Wow! They were fantastic! I'm not sure how much someone can do to make them taste as authentic, but they were. For the main course I had the Roulade plate with potato, gravy and red cabbage. They were out of red cabbage so they substituted cucumber salad which was fine. The whole meal was great: it was perfectly done, melt in your mouth tasty. The cucumber salad was not too sweet- just how my mom used to make it. It took me back to sitting at my dinner table with my family when I was a child. The service was excellent, my waiter was very attentive, since I can be a needy, thirsty customer. My appetizer was served within 10 minutes, the main course within 20 minutes. The server kept apologizing profusely for the extended wait time. Overall, it was great customer service accompanied with fantastic, authentic food in an interesting setting. Thank you German cafe for helping me relive it a Wonderful experience. I will be back!

1  Thank BigOhvac