“5 Star Hotel With Reasonable Prices”
Review of Sun Canyon Inn

Sun Canyon Inn
Ranked #16 of 22 Hotels in Sierra Vista
Yuma, Arizona
“5 Star Hotel With Reasonable Prices”
Reviewed 24 April 2013

My husband and I were greeted courteously at the check in counter, and was assured if we had any problems what so ever with our accomadations they would do their best to correct it. The hotel is very clean and the rooms are very nice, all the ammendities of a pricer hotel for the fraction of the cost. All of the staff are very nice. We would definetly stay their again should the need arise. Exceptional service from the time we walked in until the time we checked out.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Mesilla, New Mexico
Reviewed 23 April 2013

I got off the road late & was quite tired.. Checked in after 10pm getting a competitive reduced rate. To my surprise the room was twice the size I expected.

Fully equipped; microwave, refrigerator w/sm freezer, in-room good coffee. Fast wifi & ethernet cable provided; connection came with real password for internet access. There is a well lit work desk with a quality chair, King bed with a very comfortable mattress. Recliner next to a sunny window. Tons of closet & drawer space, hair dryer, ironing board and full length mirror. This is a working persons space! Lots of room for scientific or media gear plus weather/ specialty gear. Bathroom was well lit and well-stocked with sundries. Plenty of hot water and special device to provide more if desired.

There is a business center in the lobby with computers, printers, etc. Also nice gathering space with plenty of seating in the lobby.

Breakfast included with the room included eggs (fresh eggs cooked well) potatoes, ham, coffee & choice of juices, fresh fruits, cereals. All served in a well maintained cafe atmosphere made for a better start to the day.

Quiet location a block off the highway. Easy on & off for travelers, about 1/2 mi form main gates of the base for military travelers.

I would highly recommend. I look forward to going back thru this area as a recreational traveler.

Front desk staff was welcoming, courteous and very knowledgable of the area.

Room Tip: Unrated area just did not apply for my trip.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 16 April 2013

We stayed at Sun Canyon Inn for 3 nights from April 11 - 14. From the minute we walked in until the minute we walked out, we were very happy. The staff has to be the most friendliest I have ever encountered. Always a good morning and a smile. The manager, Mark, is superb. Hot breakfast was very good and free computers and/or wi-fi. It was too cold to swim, but the pool and jacuzzi are heated. There is an exercise room too! The decor is a little dated, but the beds and pillows were very comfortable. There is a microwave and mini refrigerator in each room. I would definitely recommend this hotel and if I am ever in the area again, would stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing west so you don't get that bright morning sun and the west rooms face the...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Reviewed 27 March 2013

I had the pleasure of spending almost two weeks at Sun Canyon for business purposes. I did not choose the Inn as my employer handles those details, but I couldn't have asked for anything more. For the price, they were the first hotel I have stayed in that has had the essential extras in the room (mini fridge, microwave, hair dryer, etc) as well as a business area, bar, and laundry service. The staff was friendly and helpful in every way possible, from the front desk clerks to the bartenders and even the ladies who kept my room clean and supplied. I highly recommend this hotel for anyone who is on a budget and expects superior service.

Room Tip: There are a few rooms on the second floor that have balconies with very nice views of the mountains...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Mark L, General Manager at Sun Canyon Inn, responded to this review, 5 June 2013
It is great to know that we have left you with such a good impression. We are happy to have been of service to you during your two weeks here in Sierra Vista and we look forward to your return.
Fredericksburg, Texas
Reviewed 17 March 2013

This hotel is located in the older part of town (right outside the Main Gate of Ft Huachuca) but far exceded my expectations. It is very well maintained, the bar and grill well stocked, and all staff members were very friendly. Very clean, comfortable, and friendly place to stay!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Thanks so much for staying with us. I am pleased to hear that we exceeded your expectations. That's always our goal. Your comfort and enjoyment is our number one priority. We hope to see you in the future.
Sierra Vista, Arizona
Reviewed 14 March 2013

We stay here pretty much every weekend and they always take great care of us! From later checkouts if we need it to the nice little breakfast they offer each morning. There is no better or more budget-friendly (nice) place to stay at while in Sierra Vista. Highly recommended! There are some areas of improvement but overall, the best bang for your buck.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Thanks for making us your home away from home. It's always nice to hear about our returning guests and as always, when you're here with us, if we can do anything to make your stay even MORE enjoyable, please let us know.
Belleville, Canada
Reviewed 14 March 2013

stayed at the Sun Canyon Inn. |While it was a little dated, it appeared that a transition is taking place. It appeared that perhaps the Hotel had been somewhat abused the last while and the new management is attempting to gain back respectability. I found the rooms quite comfortable. The furniture seemed a little dated, however, it was very clean. The people here are wonderful and do anything they can to make your stay more enjoyable. Even the cleaning staff are friendly, and are eager to help you with your stay. The pool was not available during my stay which was extremely unfortunate, however, my understanding was that they were working on resolving the problem. I would check to see if the pool is available before booking. The free breakfast was quite good, eggs, bacon, cereal, toast, homefries, and again, the people here will do anything they can to help you enjoy your stay. Overall, I had a very enjoyable stay at a very affordable price.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Kevin P
Mark L, Manager at Sun Canyon Inn, responded to this review, 5 June 2013
Hi. Thanks for choosing to stay at Sun Canyon Inn. I regret the delay in responding to your review, but I like to acknowledge every guest that takes the time to share their opinions. I apologize for the pool not being open when you were here, however, we were waiting for a handicapped pool lift to be installed. Everything is up and operational now. I hope you'll visit us again when you're in the area. Again, thanks for your patronage.