“Surprised”

Ranked #16 of 22 Hotels in Sierra Vista
Sacramento, California, Usa
“Surprised”
Reviewed 25 May 2013

What a neat place! The price was right on and the value outstanding. Happy hour in the evening and nice breakfast in the morning. All the staff I encountered were friendly and concerned about making sure needs were fully met. Room was clean and nicely furnished. Just a nice place. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Reviewed 23 May 2013

We spent three nights at Sun Canyon Inn and were extremely pleased with everything from the helpfulness of the staff to the cleanliness of the room. The hot breakfast with made-to-order eggs and pancakes provided a great start to the day. The location was ideal for our visits to Tombstone, Bisbee, Ramsey Canyon, and the San Pedro River area. We will definitely plan to stay here again on our next visit to Sierra Vista.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Rancho Cucamonga, California
Reviewed 30 April 2013

The staff at this hotel are amazing. They are very friendly and helpful. How can you beat a free happy hour drink and breakfast each day? The rooms are large, very clean and the bed was very soft and comfortable. I will definitely come back to this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LISA N
Yuma, Arizona
Reviewed 24 April 2013

My husband and I were greeted courteously at the check in counter, and was assured if we had any problems what so ever with our accomadations they would do their best to correct it. The hotel is very clean and the rooms are very nice, all the ammendities of a pricer hotel for the fraction of the cost. All of the staff are very nice. We would definetly stay their again should the need arise. Exceptional service from the time we walked in until the time we checked out.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Mesilla, New Mexico
Reviewed 23 April 2013

I got off the road late & was quite tired.. Checked in after 10pm getting a competitive reduced rate. To my surprise the room was twice the size I expected.

Fully equipped; microwave, refrigerator w/sm freezer, in-room good coffee. Fast wifi & ethernet cable provided; connection came with real password for internet access. There is a well lit work desk with a quality chair, King bed with a very comfortable mattress. Recliner next to a sunny window. Tons of closet & drawer space, hair dryer, ironing board and full length mirror. This is a working persons space! Lots of room for scientific or media gear plus weather/ specialty gear. Bathroom was well lit and well-stocked with sundries. Plenty of hot water and special device to provide more if desired.

There is a business center in the lobby with computers, printers, etc. Also nice gathering space with plenty of seating in the lobby.

Breakfast included with the room included eggs (fresh eggs cooked well) potatoes, ham, coffee & choice of juices, fresh fruits, cereals. All served in a well maintained cafe atmosphere made for a better start to the day.

Quiet location a block off the highway. Easy on & off for travelers, about 1/2 mi form main gates of the base for military travelers.

I would highly recommend. I look forward to going back thru this area as a recreational traveler.

Front desk staff was welcoming, courteous and very knowledgable of the area.

Room Tip: Unrated area just did not apply for my trip.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 16 April 2013

We stayed at Sun Canyon Inn for 3 nights from April 11 - 14. From the minute we walked in until the minute we walked out, we were very happy. The staff has to be the most friendliest I have ever encountered. Always a good morning and a smile. The manager, Mark, is superb. Hot breakfast was very good and free computers and/or wi-fi. It was too cold to swim, but the pool and jacuzzi are heated. There is an exercise room too! The decor is a little dated, but the beds and pillows were very comfortable. There is a microwave and mini refrigerator in each room. I would definitely recommend this hotel and if I am ever in the area again, would stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing west so you don't get that bright morning sun and the west rooms face the...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Reviewed 27 March 2013

I had the pleasure of spending almost two weeks at Sun Canyon for business purposes. I did not choose the Inn as my employer handles those details, but I couldn't have asked for anything more. For the price, they were the first hotel I have stayed in that has had the essential extras in the room (mini fridge, microwave, hair dryer, etc) as well as a business area, bar, and laundry service. The staff was friendly and helpful in every way possible, from the front desk clerks to the bartenders and even the ladies who kept my room clean and supplied. I highly recommend this hotel for anyone who is on a budget and expects superior service.

Room Tip: There are a few rooms on the second floor that have balconies with very nice views of the mountains...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Mark L, General Manager at Sun Canyon Inn, responded to this review, 5 June 2013
It is great to know that we have left you with such a good impression. We are happy to have been of service to you during your two weeks here in Sierra Vista and we look forward to your return.