“hotel service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 22 Hotels in Sierra Vista
yorba linda
“hotel service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

This hotel was very pleasent to stay at and the staff was extreamly accomadating to all of my needs and very personable .The breakfast that they serve is freash cooked and ready when they open at 6:00am . the rooms are pretty nice and the AC units work great keeping the room at comfortable temp. during the summer making it worth staying there. I would stay here again if I ever return to this location in the future which I am sure that I will.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013 via mobile

I stayed here 3 nights as I was working at nearby Fort Huachuca. It literally is a block away so that was great. The hotel is a bit older, but it has been kept up very well. The real gem here is the staff- funny, helpful and inviting. They have a small bar/restaurant, and each day you stay you receive a complimentary drink in the lounge. I ate dinner there twice. The bartender lady is really fun! The Sun Canyon Burger was so good! I've never had a burger with sour cream on it, but it was amazing- and only $4.99! My room was medium in size, very nice king size bed and a comfy recliner. Flat screen TV, microwave and refrigerator. My room you could tell had a recent renovation, it's not a luxury hotel but it is very clean and at the price I paid it is so much better than any of the areas value priced hotels. They have an outdoor BBQ/grill area that would be great for families trying to save money and cook themselves. If you want luxury there are a couple options in the area, but if you want a very nice, clean hotel, with some nicer perks at a great price- this is the place! Pool, exercise room, lounge, restaurant (limited menu), very clean, friendly staff , value prices- what more could you want?

• Stayed July 2013
Sierra Vista, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

My family and I stay in a lot of hotels as we move from place to place with the military and I must say the Sun Canyon Inn has the most friendly and accommodating staff we have come across. The hotel is a little older than some of the other hotels in the area, but it is very clean and well maintained. The rooms are about average sized, but do come with some amenities that I have not seen in very many hotels. They have a stovetop cooking service with the necessary pans and utensils, not to mention a microwave, fridge, safe, flat panel TV, comfortable recliner, and real wood furnishings. They also have free wifi and it is fast. The internet connection is one of my biggest complaints at hotels and I have none at with the Sun Canyon Inn. I have to say if I ever have to stay in a hotel in Sierra Vista ever again I wouldn't even consider staying at another hotel. The value and customer service are great. I know there are some negative reviews here, but I'm telling you if you have a family the Sun Canyon Inn is an excellent welcoming place to stay.
-Miguel

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Miguel S
Martinez, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2013

We spent 3 weeks here while my husband was at Ft Huachuca and it was great. Great staff always willing to please and do anything to make you feel at home. Rooms were very comfortable and were kept clean at all times. Great hot breakfast every month and happy hour every night with a free drink. Would stay there again anytime. We had no complains at all.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Mesa, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2013

We spent June 7, 2013 at the Sun Canyon. It was very clean and the room (310) was good sized. It had a king sized bed, recliner, desk and desk chair, good sized TV and lots of room to put clothes away. It also had a refrigerator and a micro wave. It even had a lap desk for your lap top. Free WiFi also was there. There was also one free cocktail the evening of our arrival with music being played. There was a wonderful free breakfast the next morning. Eggs, sausage, toast, potatoes, 2 kinds of juice, pastries, fresh fruit, cereals, milk, bagels & cream cheese and coffee. They also have a nice limited menu for dinner. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I wish we had our bathing suits with us because the pool looked inviting.Our only small complaint was that the bed was not to comfortable. I think it has been in service for quite awhile because it sagged in the middle. All in all I would recommend staying here and we will if we go back to Sierra Vista. Larry & Denise

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Sandy
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

We wanted to stay in a place close to Tombstone and Bisbee for sightseeing so picked Sierra Vista. After reading all the reviews I chose the Sun Canyon Inn.
The rooms were ok, seemed kind of old, but they were clean.
The staff was nice.
The hotel was not too far from grocery stores and other shopping so that was nice.
After riding on our motorcycle from Utah I just wanted to be in the hot Az weather and SWIM in the pools...Well the pool was FREEZING cold and dirty! The hot tub was not much better and hardly even warm. So disappointed in that which I had looked so forward to.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Fitchburg, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2013 via mobile

Fresh daily breakfast, complimentary happy hour drinks, free wifi and close to Fort Huachuca! Hotel room was clean, decor was a little outdated- but I didn't care. Microwave, fridge, and coffee maker were included in room. Room was a decent size and bed was a little firm. Hotel staff were extremely friendly and accommodating. The environment was safe and the best deal around this area. Would definitely come back and recommend to others!

Stayed May 2013, travelled with family