“A homey little”

Ranked #16 of 22 Hotels in Sierra Vista
Augusta, Georgia
“A homey little”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I spent three nights here while I was house hunting recently, and I loved every night. This is not a Marriott or anything fancy. The decor is aged southwestern style. I had room 216, and while it was small, it was cozy. I had everything I needed and I slept well. There was a large balcony/patio overlooking the pool, Ft. Huachuca, and the mountains beyond, which is a gorgeous view first thing in the morning.

This hotel is less than one minute to Ft. Huachuca, by the way.

The pool is heated and was very nice first thing in the morning. The breakfast is sufficient. Two of the three days, the bagels were hard. The exercise room is enough, but the equipment is only so-so. The employees are very, very friendly and personable. I felt safe here. I will definitely stay here with my family when we move out there soon.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Mama_Unicorn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
sonoma county, ca
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

Our room was very clean and spacious. Had a most comfortable bed and pillows. The continental breakfast was quite decent including bagels, waffles, fresh fruit, cereals and hard boiled eggs. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sunnySonomaCounty_Ca
Sierra Vista, Arizona
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I moved into to Sierra Vista from Texas. The staff at the Sun Canyon Inn was very helpful with directions to local attractions. They were in my room bring me what I requested in less than 10 min from my calling down stairs. Complimentary breakfast was filling. Room prices were comparable to other Inns, but the place is superbly decorated and as I mentioned earlier, the service is tops. I did not want to leave. I most definitely RECOMMEND Sun Canyon Inn. One last thing, it is right outside Ft. Huachuca.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ArmyRN2014
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed 6 February 2014

I booked our stay here months ago, after checking the hotel website. Knowing we would be out hiking all day, I was pleased to see there was a complimentary happy hour and a restaurant on the property, as we'd just like to relax and not have to drive any more in the evenings. Arrived to find out no more restaurant or happy hour (eatery was shut down), and when I double-checked their website, the information had not been changed. This needs to be rectified so people know these amenities are no longer offered. Also, I booked a room that was supposed to include a separate kitchen area, but did not get this (although there was a microwave and fridge). We travel with lots of gear, so I really wanted that extra room

That said, the hosts were so friendly, breakfast was generous, the room was clean and comfy, and overall, we were satisfied. To reiterate, I appreciate how kind and friendly the front desk people were. Very nice pillows and beds. Just not what I expected when I booked (smaller room, no on-site food and drink). All the owners have to do is be sure that what's advertised is what the guest receives. No surprises.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Satisfaction7
McKinney, Kentucky
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Our stay at this hotel was outstanding in every way. Our room was beautiful and comfortable, and our little dog was a welcome guest. The proprietors were kind, friendly, and helpful. We will return here on future visits to the area.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Chiquita1977
Oro Valley, Arizona
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I booked this hotel because it had great reviews, convenient location, and offered full breakfast and cocktail hour, and restaurant. On, arrival, I was told that the owner had closed the restaurant 5 days before, so there was no breakfast, cocktails, or availability of dinner. The manager, Mark, was most apologetic, and unfortunately for him, had to bear the brunt of guest displeasure. He said he would try to have coffee in the morning, but that didn't happen for 2 days. because of this guests now had to drive to restaurants at the beginning and end of each day.
As a business person, who knows the importance of good PR, I find the owner's decision to close the restaurant with no prior warning to guest, indicates lack of consideration or caring. It shows not respect to his staff who have to then deal with unhappy guests.

On the plus side, the hotel was very clean and comfortable, the staff were very pleasant and helpful..............The hotel is conveniently located to the army base and other attractions. I certainly would recommend it as long as people know the restaurant is closed. Kudos to Mark, the manager, for his ability to professionally deal with this and try to appease displeased guests

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank pedsnp
Villa Rica, Georgia
Reviewed 19 November 2013

This motel is close to Tombstone, about 30 min drive. Motel offers Happy Hour and free breakfast. The staff was friendly and very helpful. Rooms clean and comfortable. Overall stay was very enjoyable.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family