“Excellent Indian Food”

Los Angeles, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Indian Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

Truly enjoyed the freshness, authenticity and taste of the food served at this restaurant. It is clean, well lit, service was terrific, servers were very knowledgeable about the menu, the ingredients and all. I chose to have the buffet, perfect variety, everything was freshly made. My friend ordered from the menu, she had the vegetarian Biryani, had a taste of it. Yum yum yum, it was served deliciously hot. You can smell the glorious aroma of the different I love Indian food and have eaten Indian food in Singapore, Los Angeles. Netherlands, England and other places that are known for great Indian food, I must say....Taste of India is right up there. You must go eat there.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Rose H

“Decent food but pricey”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

The only Indian restaurant in Sierra Vista has tasty food, great service but small portions. They are open for lunch and dinner in the Windemere Hotel. Sure hope the restaurant survives in this slim pickings town.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Huachucakid
Sierra Vista, Arizona
“Great Indian food in SV”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Food was fresh and authentic. Very tasty. Service excellent. Had an early dinner and did not think price was out of line. Nice ambiance. Would go back again.

• Visited May 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bad experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

On Mar 11, 2014, my wife and I tried the buffet lunch at Taste of India and were not impressed. The owner and the waiter were both very personable and accommodating, but the seats of the booth at which we were seated were so low that I felt the table was just below my chin. Plus, the seats were so close to the table that I had a hard time getting in and out, and I am not a big person.

The food was good, but very limited (only four curries); the naan was cold and like a cracker; the spice heat level was very low, but they will make up a special condiment dish, if you ask for it, that you can add to the curry for more heat. We complained about the naan and they brought us a fresh piece which was very good. Besides being limited choices for food, we were shocked when we received the bill for the buffet ($28 plus tip, total over $35) and we had only water to drink. We must compare this to the several Indian buffets we tried in Tucson. They had at least three times the food choices at half the price. At every other buffet in Sierra Vista, my wife and I can eat for less than twenty dollars, including the tip, and we can find more variety of food at the other buffets.

I wish these people great success in bringing an Indian restaurant to Sierra Vista, since my wife and I really enjoy Indian food, but hesitate driving 150 mile round trip to go to Tucson. But, overall, I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone, and will not go back unless I hear that the buffet has improved.

• Visited March 2014
Gleeson. AZ
“Excellent Addition To Sierra Vista”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

This restaurant had a soft opening a few weeks back. I was tempted to go but decided to wait a few weeks. I visited this restaurant last week and found the food to be fresh and authentic. Our server was new, for the most part he did great, just a a few minor bugs to work out. I was with three friends, all our entrees and appetizers were delicious.

The restaurant is still waiting for liquor license so if you want an adult beverage with your meal you need to first visit the hotel bar and bring it to your table. Minor inconvenience, the food is fantastic and worth the extra steps to have a drink.

I hope many locals and visitors give this restaurant a try, you won't be disappointed.

• Visited April 2014