“Very good experience here.”

TownePlace Suites Sierra Vista
Ranked #13 of 22 Hotels in Sierra Vista
Chanhassen, Minnesota
“Very good experience here.”
Reviewed 28 April 2013

I stay at a lot of Marriott properties (Platinum right now), so I mostly rank them against other Marriotts. Most are very good but I rank them average. This property was above their normal high level so it gets a "very good". I've stayed at quite a few properties in Sierra Vista and this one ranks at the top.
It's off the main road just a bit - enough to be quiet, but close enough to everything.
We got put into a handicapped accessible room - not sure if the other rooms were this nice nor big, but I suspect they are comparible. Ours was a two room suite - with a huge bedroom area with a solid door between. The other room was a combined full kitchen and sitting room. Nice, huge bathroom.
Everything was very clean. Staff was very friendly. We had the free breakfast and the gal there really worked hard to replenish the food and coffee. One thing about Sierra Vista is you get a lot of military, and foriegn military that are attending the school on base. There was a large contingent of Australians and Coalition forces that kept breakfast very frantic as they rushed to eat and get to class. The staff did a great job to keep ahead of this "locust" storm.

Overall, very nice, but brief stay. Will try to stay here again if there's room the next time I'm in town.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 24 February 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the 2 room suite with a kitchen and a living room. We felt like we were at home. They provide breakfast. There were TVs in all 3 rooms. It is right next to the mall and 5 to 10 mins from anywhere.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank EDetloff
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 31 December 2012

Having previously worked for The Ritz-Carlton, my expectations for service levels are usually met only by handful of companies/employees of those companies. After having read the reviews, I was concerned over the one submitted by "Steve J". However, accommodation options are not plentiful in Sierra Vista. Thus, I took a chance and booked my reservations here for my 2 night stay while visiting my dad for the holidays. I must say I was not only relieved, but very pleased when I arrived and met the Front Desk Agent, Chuck. The lobby and every inch I could see was clean and very presentable. Chuck was very professional and friendly. As I made my way to my room, opened the door and inspected every inch, my dread and uncertainty was fully alleviated and I was pleased that I chose to stay here. The only details that affected me were, I have foot problems and am not able to always use exercise equipment that requires me to be on my feet so it would've been nice to have a recumbent bike in the gym. But the space is too small and 2 treadmills and an elliptical trainer are what is provided for cardio so I didn't use the gym as much as I'd hoped to. The only other detail is that I'm not big on continental breakfast, and prefer a hardier breakfast, but the hard boiled eggs and coffee/hot chocolate served me fine. I must mention that Rebekah, another Front Desk Agent, was very, professional, warm and friendly, and provided me with what we called at The Ritz-Carlton, "a fond farewell" as I departed. She genuinely wished me a safe trip and happy holidays. In closing, I can't stress enough, how relieved and pleased I was as **cleanliness** and friendliness are my top priorities.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
Sierra Vista
Reviewed 15 August 2012

Terrible accomodation with rooms that are average to poor. No outdoor wet weather coverage. Seems to cater more for middle eastern/muslim guests. Difficult to use the dining area or outdoor area at night due to the number of middle eastern/muslim guests that take over both areas and the conferance room for their prayer meetings. Terrible smell throughout the hotel from people cooking in there rooms and due to poor ventilation throughout the hotel the smell takes hours to clear.

Never again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank steve j
Houston
Reviewed 21 April 2012

I stayed two nights here and would stay again. The rooms are small but the one I had came with a stove, fridge and microwave. It is close to the mall and in a good area for bicycle riding or jogging. The room was clean and I can not find any faults.

Room Tip: Pick a third floor room so you do not have to hear people above you making noise (I stayed on the se...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank mrvmax
Walnut Creek, California
Reviewed 26 February 2012

The TownePlace Suites in Sierra Vista is a very clean, well run hotel. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The location was within walking distance of the people we were visiting and also restaurants and a small shopping mall. The gym is small but clean and without typical gym odor. Breakfast was not bad - my usual fare of cereal, OJ, banana and yogurt was available and of the quality I buy for myself. I would stay again. I am comparing this hotel to others like it - not to Ritz-Carlton.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Brisbane
Reviewed 7 February 2012

I was placed in Towneplace Suites by my employer for a period of 3 months. During this time, I found the entire experience to be excellent.

The rooms spacious and clean, with modern kitchenette and bathroom facilities. The entire hotel has also just been fitted out with new LCD televisions.

The staff were courteous and professional throughout the stay and were able to offer great advice of the local area. They went out of their way numerous times to accommodate my requests.

Overall, I can't say enough good things about this hotel and I would happily recommended and stay here again myself, if I'm in Sierra Vista again.

Room Tip: I always prefer the top floor, if you don't mind waiting for the elevators.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business