“Dirty Hotel”

Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Sierra Vista
Dupont, Washington
“Dirty Hotel”
Reviewed 20 March 2006

I had to come to Ft. Huachuca for TDY (temporary duty) on a short notice, so the onpost billeting was filled up. I made arrangements at the Windemere Hotel which is supposed to be one of the nicer hotels in Sierra Vista.

I arrived on a Sunday night and checked into my room immediately - when I got in the room, it just felt dirty. I went to the bathroom and there was still toothpaste in the sink, hair on the floor, the tub was dirty and it was disgusting. Then I pulled back the sheets to go to bed. There were hairs all over the sheets, holes in the sheets and it was so disgusting it made me nauseous. I called the front desk and asked for clean sheets. They didn't come for over an hour (this was about 7 p.m.) so I went to the local target and bought a pair of my own sheets since I'll be here for two weeks.

They do have a free continental breakfast in the morning, but I couldn't get past the dirtiness I felt about the hotel and couldn't eat. It just seemed that everything around the hotel was dirty - the hallways, the restaurant, the rooms.

They also have wireless internet which is a plus. It's hard to get signal in your room, but the lobby has strong signal - that's where I am right now writing my review.

I will not stay here again.

1 Thank WAREAGLE2

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Rome, New York
Reviewed 30 January 2006

We just got back from Sierra Vista and enjoyed the Windemere Hotel. I, too, was concerned with all the negative reviews on this site. However, there is new management and they are doing a great job. The full buffet breakfast each morning and the complimentary cocktails in the evening were wonderful.

Our Elderhostel program had all the meals, including box lunches supplied by the hotel. They were excellent. I certainly would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2006
Arizona
Reviewed 5 January 2006

I recently stayed at the Windemere in December. I admit I was a little swayed by the negative reviews I saw on the "TripAdvisor" website. I must say though, I have no idea what those people who wrote the reviews are talking about. I had the greatest time at the hotel. I was advised they have new staff throughout the hotel including a new chef as well as desk staff. The complimentary, hot breakfast in the morning as well as the free cocktails sent my trip over the top. I advise anyone and everyone to stay at this hotel. It's definately worth the price and my stay was wonderful! I will definately stay at the Windemere again.

• Stayed December 2005
1 Thank csugal
Reviewed 19 December 2005

We planned on staying in the hotel for 4 nights...we came back from our first day out to find we had been checked out of the room and our luggage had been pulled up to the front desk. It turned out they did not want to honor the rate we were quoted and so they checked us out and were gracious enough to offer to check us back in at $30 more a night. In addition, I was treated with extreme rudeness from beginning to end. I worked in hotels all through college...and we never removed people's luggage from their room out of respect and liability. As it turns out...there is a very good reason why...they broke the handle on our luggage, after several calls to the hotel - I finally got to speak with the manager who essentially called me a liar and said he did not have to help me and would not. I called a seamstress this morning who will fix the handle for $20~ so monetarily it is not a huge issue...it is more a matter of respect and the staff of the Windemere does not have any. Also during our conversation he asked me to hold...while he answered his cell phone and had a conversation with me listening to the conversation on the other ear. I have never encountered such a rude staff and to boot the hotel itself is mediocre at best...I would put it right up there with a Motel 6 for accomodations. However, there was light at the end of the tunnel...we went to another hotel, a close by Best Western...and had a great experience. We will be staying at the Best Western whenever we go into town now.

• Stayed December 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travellers are raving about these Sierra Vista hotels

Reviewed 1 November 2005

Several family stays at Windemere were wonderful. Great rooms, great service, great amenities.

• Stayed March 2005
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Marine on St Croix, MN
Reviewed 3 September 2005

On the plus side the rooms have microwave, frig, cable, high speed internet access & coffee in room. On the down side customer service is inconsistent; the wall paper was coming off the wall in our room; every hallway carpet had multiple large spots; the ironing board cover looked disgusting.

However, We have stayed in worse but it is a far cry from a luxury hotel.

• Stayed September 2005
2 Thank LoveArizona
Reviewed 6 July 2005

This Hotel and Conference Center is badly in need of upgrade in every aspect of their business. They have very poor top management, the worst catering management, banquet accommodations, food service, cooks, and reservation assistants I have ever encountered. In working with them we have experienced: Podium not in place or even available, Flags not available as requested, contract not being honored, registration tables not set up, no chairs at registration tables, meeting room not ready on time, insufficient seating and tables available, dirty or no silverware, lack of water & tea on tables as requested, cold coffee or coffee not ready. They prefer buffet type agreements, and find it very difficult to provide table service for large groups. Very poor food both in quality and quantity, variety and presentation. Most of all, they never have sufficient set-up, serving and busing staff to get the job done for groups between 40 to 80!
But being the "only large facility in town" they have consumers and groups at their mercy presently.
Thank you.