“Smokers and Dog people are not the same”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Sierra Vista
Reviewed 11 March 2013

I come to Sierra Vista a couple of times a year to visit my mother. We bring our dog with us because he is a picky little guy that doesn't like other people so much. When we have stayed here with him there have been absolutely no problems, much of the staff like Murphy in fact. Problem is we aren't smokers and we get chunked with them because the "pet rooms" are right by the smoking rooms. I am an asthmatic and cigarette smoke causes me problems so we try to stay away from smoking areas/rooms. You don't realize how much smoke permeates an area. We are so concerned about our dog affecting other people that we even bathe him right before we come down to make sure that he isn't dirty and he pretty much stays in his cage. We booked through the bringfido.com website because we like to support businesses that are trying to do good things and we asked for a room with King bed because this time we had no kids with us and it booked the room only for us to be called and told that there are no King bed pet rooms and that we had to have the 2 fer room at the end of the smoking hall. Not right at all. I don't appreciate being lumped with smokers because I have a dog. And I don't appreciate that I booked one room and told I had to have another.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank lewingdon

Reviewed 23 January 2013

Booked this hotel with some trepidation from previous reviews. It is conveniently located for visiting a friend as well as holder of the AVA Walk Box for our walking excursions in the area.
I booked on the website directly and paid in advance to take advantage of ChoiceHotels membership discount. The front desk greeters were helpful to requests. Breakfast buffet offers a good variety so I didn't have to have the same items each of the 4 mornings in residence. Hot popcorn available in the afternoons. Lobby has a wonderful massage chair which I took advantage of after long walks. Room furnishings look new with one piece containing a refrigerator and a small microwave.

Room Tip: My travel companion had hand surgery recently and has an arm cast. I asked for an "accessible...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 December 2012 via mobile

Staff is very nice hotel is good place to sleep.. not real clean.. looks older.. but its a great price.we have stayed here alot because of the price .the pool is clean.. just a good place to sleep for not much cash

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 20 December 2012

This motel is ok, but I've stayed in better for less money. I've found most Quality Inns to be of modest quality. However, they have some nice amenities such as a workout room and a fuller breakfast than some places. When we booked we mentioned that we had dogs. We booked thru Expedia and they said there was not prolem. Apparently there was a lack of communication because the motel didn't know we had dogs. The lady at the front dest was somewhat brusque when she called us about it. Our daughter dealth with it, said we were willing to pay extrea, but she didn't appreciate the tone. The lady changed and said we were right, and things went smoothly from that point. Note to service staff: don't always assume someone is trying to pull a fast one--especially when you didn't do the booking directly.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 October 2012

Stayed here for a business trip...Met by Sue at the front desk. She was friendly and courteous and even offered a welcome gift bag of bottled water, granola bar and hard candies. The rooms were clean, Internet speedy, and breakfast far more than just Continental (eggs, different breakfast meat each day, and hash browns). The hotel itself reminded me of hotels of the 70s with block walls instead of just drywall...a little nostalgic. The tiny business center offers a working laser printer and ample privacy for getting some last minute work completed without interruption. I can easily recommend this hotel...an excellent value for business travelers and families alike.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank TomL911
Reviewed 23 October 2012

We stayed one night for a business trip and were pleasantly surprised at all the hotel had to offer for the price. No discounts...just the going price. Clean room overlooking the pool. In room frig and microwave. The bed was sooo comfortable. The breakfast had something for everyone...eggs, cold and hot cereals, biscuits and gravy, make your own waffles, fruit and the list goes on. The next time we are in the area we'll stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 October 2012

This is the second time we've stayed here. We use it as a base location for Bisbee. Works out well for us. The front desk staff are always friendly. The room is nice sized with both a fridge and a microwave. The hotel is set back off the road a bit (enough to confuse my GPS) but that helps to keep it quiet.

Two things that could use improvement: One - even though the hotel has cable, we had terrible reception on our TV. Not a big issue since I don't rent a hotel room to watch TV, but still, I don't know how that's even possible nowadays. Second - in the breakfast area they can't have the microwave and the toaster going at the same time. So, the staff couldn't heat up the hash browns because I wanted to toast a muffin. Uh..sorry? Other than that, the breakfast area is nice, and has a good selection.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Gateway Studio Suites
Gateway Studio Suites
#3 of 23 in Sierra Vista
The Tombstone Grand Hotel

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!