Sierra Suites
Garden Place Suites(Sierra Vista)
US$112
US$109
Gateway Studio Suites(Sierra Vista)
US$95
US$120
Hampton Inn Sierra Vista(Sierra Vista)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$125
Comfort Inn & Suites(Sierra Vista)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$54
QualityInn
US$147
US$139
Sierra Vista Extended Stay(Sierra Vista)(Great Value!)
US$55
Days Inn Sierra Vista(Sierra Vista)(Great Value!)
US$66
All reviewsfront deskguest servicesla casitaceiling fanin townwaffleswould stay here againmain gateevery morningbreakfast buffetsausagewent out of her waythe general managercomfortable roomnon smokingpleasant staypool and hot tub
Reviewed 8 September 2007

I can't wait to return to this hotel. Our stay did start on a bad note when we were told that they did not have the room we had booked with two beds (disadvantage to online booking), but the front desk person was very apologetic, and tried everything she could to find us another room. The atmosphere at this hotel is wonderful, being from the northeast we really appreciated the southwest feel in the open courtyards and the welcoming lobby. We were on a budget and feel like this hotel was well worth the affordable price, it deserves at least a three star rating. The rooms were clean, had all amenities, they had a nice continental breakfast, and the staff was extremely friendly. Biggest plus is the delicious mexican restaurant next door ( walking distance is a plus after a few margaritas!) I would defintely stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 August 2007

Some years ago, I had an extended stay at this hotel and was looking forward to another extended stay. However, the hotel is now under new management.

Here is the problem I experienced with them:

The stay was originally reserved for several months. I contacted the hotel directly by phone to inquire about their payment policies and was told that they like to put an authorization on a card for a period of time at the start of the stay and later charge it at the end of the week. I explained to them that this would be a problem since I was using a debit card, and they agreed to charge on a day-by-day basis and told me that they would note this in the reservation. I emphasized that if this couldn't be done, it would be necessary to simply cancel the extended reservation. They agreed.

Upon arrival this point was repeated an explicitly confirmed by the desk clerk. The next morning we confirmed it with both the guest service manager and the general manager--just to be certain.

Of course, they went ahead and took out an authorization on the debit card for a whole week in addition to two weekend days--about $700. When I discovered this, I brought the problem to the attention of the desk clerk who referred me to the guest manager who denied that the day before we had explicitly agreed to the day-by-day charge and who then obfuscated and dissembled. The general manager also adopted the same tactic--and this was after they were paid for the two days up to that time. In fact, even when I checked out at that time with a paid bill, they refused even to drop the authorization with my bank when requested (and after dodging calls and not responding to messages left on their answering machine.)

Management's actions went well beyond failing to correct a mistake, they seemed to go out of their way to aggravate the situation. Never did they apologize for their actions.

Additionally, the room was dank, smelly, and the light was broken.

• Stayed: August 2007
2  Thank armyOfficer
SierraVistaSuites, General Manager at Sierra Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2007

Dear 'Bad Management' - as the General Manager of the Sierra Suites, I would like to sincerely apologize again for the problem that you experienced during your stay. Please be assured that we were not 'ignoring' your phone calls and we apologize if it seemed so.

In regards to the authorization, please allow me to explain that it is the hotel industry policy to receive an authorization for the length of each guest's stay at check-in. For our long term guests we do the authorization for one week at a time and ask that they in turn pay on their account each week and we then do another authorization. Guests using debit cards for payment will occasionally do a cash deposit to avoid the authorization/hold on their account. Either way, we do request monies, as a standard, to be authorized/held to ensure payment at check out.

OUr property management system automatically increases authorized dollar amounts for the balance of each guests stay during the night audit-- this is an automated process. Unfortunatly, in this case, the reservation had been changed to 7 days (as opposed to daily -- to ensure room availability during a very busy time) -- the authorization got increased for the additional days in error. I did contact the bank after we spoke and we were told that the 'lift' of the authorization would take 2-3 days.. unfortunately there was nothing we could do to persuade them to release the hold earlier.

We attempted to explain this during your stay and apologize, but we realize how frustrating this can be, and we were certainly frustrated as well -- with ourselves for the automated error and with the banks for not working with us to release the funds earlier.
Please know that we try to address all guest concerns when they are brought to our attention, prior to departure. Know that you can always contact me, the General Manager, to ensure that you are happy with your accommodations and level of service.

Reviewed 18 May 2007

Excellent value. The room was clean and comfortable, the staff friendly. It was in a back section away from the main street and hence very quiet. I would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: May 2007
2  Thank ejmartin
Reviewed 3 April 2007

I looked for a room through hotels.com for hotels that allowed animals. Sierra Suites came up and was a decent price. We stay in SV quite a bit and always choose the Windermere, but we wanted to try something different. We left the room and left our dog in the room. Someone heard our dog, and they disabled our key, when we went to front desk the clerk confirmed they do not allow animals. We would have had no problem going to another hotel, but the clerk said we would have to pay a $100.00 pet fee and for a one nights stay. Total that would be around $180.00 for a hotel we would not stay in. She said we need to leave or find a place for our dog. We could not afford the $180.00 plus a charge for another room. So we put the dog in the SUV for a good portion of the night in his crate.

We were woken up at 7 am by the manager pounding on the door and barreling into the room. He told us we had to leave right then. He said our dog tore up the room, we didn't see any damage. We would gladly gone over the room with the manager, but he just told us to leave immediatly. I am surprised he didn't throw our suitcases out of the room!. I was surprised to see a manager dressed in gym clothes; I thought they would be required to wear a uniform similar to the clerks in the front. The manager said we shouldn’t have stayed there, he said they would have gladly put us up in a hotel which would allow animals. The clerk earlier that night never even mentioned such a thing. We told him that the website we booked through said the hotel allowed animals, he replied,“ that is not my fault.”

We didn’t even get to stay an entire night. We didn’t get to bed until 12 am the night before, my mother in law was in the hospital. I have emailed the hotel about a dozen times and have heard nothing. This whole situation was handled so unprofessionally. We felt like we had committed some awful crime after we done dealing with the so called manager. We will be taking our business to the Windemere from now on. They are a nicer hotel, and we know for sure they allow pets.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jhi62004
SierraVistaSuites, General Manager at Sierra Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2007

As the General Manager of the Sierra Suites, I'd like to sincerely apologize for the series of events that you experienced at our hotel, and assure you that it is not the norm.
We, in fact, do not accept pets and apologize that Hotels.com listed that fact incorrectly. We have since requested that they remove this content. In addition, our front desk agents request that guests initial upon registration that they do not have pets in the rooms.

If an unauthorized pet is discovered (usually reported by other guests) our staff is trained to request a $100 deposit, but we certainly don't request an additional days payment.
If this was the case, it was an error on the part of our front desk staff and I will ensure that each person who works at the front desk is aware of the procedure. In most cases, we do refer guests with pets to another local hotel that does accept them, so that we alleviate any concern or service issues.

Lastly, our maintenance technician typically arrives between 8am and 9am and I certainly hope that he did not arrive at 7am in a tank and shorts as he has a very specific uniform requirement. I was not at the hotel when this occurred, but I have spoken to him that, whatever, the time, it wasn't necessary to go to your room that you were already informed of the pet policy. I apologize that he made this error in judgement.

We do strive to exceed our guests expectations in regards to our guest rooms and level of service. On behalf of the entire staff, I apologize that we failed to meet your expectations. I do realize that it is difficult in regards to pets because there are so many emotions involved: those guests who do not appreciate 4 legged friends and those who love to travel with their beloved pets.

To those who are reading reviews, please know that we try to address all guests concerns, when they are brought to our attention, prior to your departure. Know that you can always contact me, the General Manager, to ensure that you are happy with your accommodations and level of service.

Reviewed 1 April 2007

False advertisement when it comes to animals. Website said they were allowed we get there and then they are not. Management handled the situation very un-professionaly. Came out in a tank top and shorts and smelled like he had been drinking all night. Again, do not stay here.

• Stayed: April 2007
2  Thank nbkrzq4

Thank you for submitting your comment. We hadn't been aware that an internet site out there had listed us as accepting pets. Based on your review we have since had that corrected.

I apologize that your situation wasn't handled to your expectations and hope that on your next visit you will contact me direclty to help resolve the issues prior to your departure.

In all sincerity we do try to exceed our guests expectations, especially in regards to service. We hope to be able to prove to you, as the other guests who have reviewed us previously have found, that our service, though we do not accept pets, is typically exceptional.