“Great Hotel, Great Staff - Close to Ft. Huachuca”
Review of Sierra Suites

Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Sierra Vista
Reviewed 19 June 2012

I thought that this 3 star hotel would be just another Old Holiday Inn type of stay. Instead, I found that the room was very comfortable, pleasant and most importantly.. QUIET! The room we stayed in faced inside a very well groomed courtyard. We liked the Micro/Fridge that is in the rooms along with the very comfy King Size bed.

Breakfast was very good and the fare was changed everyday. We had a Fathers Day BBQ on Sunday, but what was cool was that the staff took time to personally invite every guest, create an invitation and put it on every door and then provide a great BBQ.

But that is not what was most pleasant about our stay! The GM - Glenn - and her entire staff were very accomadating, answered all our questions gladly and showed a very high level of professionalism towards us. We felt like we were the only guests that they had!

We will be booking again with them in August to see our son finish MOS qualifications. We are looking forward to seeing Glenn and her staff again.

Room Tip: "B" and "C" Building courtyard rooms are the most quiet and provide easy access...
1  Thank captwills
Management response:Responded 21 June 2012

Thank you so much for your kind words. They really mean a lot, not only to our team, but to me personally. We work so hard to make our guests' stays comfortable and enjoyable. It's heartwarming to hear when we've made such a positive impact. I look forward to welcoming you and your family back in August.

Glendalynn Cobb

Reviewed 17 June 2012

Good hotel, friendly staff, clean rooms, good choices for breakfast and overall a good experience.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Sierra Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2012

So pleased that you enjoyed your experience at Sierra Suites! We do appreciate your recommendation!

Reviewed 12 June 2012

I was a little uncertain at first, but it turned out to be a pretty nice stay. I was worried about the noise since the doors open to an outside area, but I didn't have any problems. The continental breakfast was equal to or better than most hotels. My only real complaint would be the desk and chair in my room. It's actually a table (not a desk) with a drawer in the front, and the arms of the chair are so high that it won't go under the table making it difficult to type comfortably. Also the chair wouldn't lock in the vertical position. Since a lot of people staying there are on business they should consider replacing the tables with actual desks. Also the wireless internet is extremely slow at times.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Sierra Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2012

Thank you for your feedback. Your comments regarding the desk and chair are a first, so we will be sure to review them with ownership and management, and continue to request feedback from guests here on business. On another note, thank you for noticing all of the work we've put in to our hot breakfast buffet recently -- it's been a work in progress and we are so pleased that guests are finding it to their liking!

Reviewed 11 June 2012

I was there due to a medical emergency with in my family. the staff was excellant and cooperative to what ever I needed and allowed a late checkout when I left. I have stayed here many times and have always enjoyed my visit.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Sierra Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2012

Though not the best of reasons for your visit, we do appreciate that you continue to choose Sierra Suites when visiting Sierra Vista. We hope your next visit will be under better circumstances. Safe Travels!

Reviewed 5 June 2012

We were very late for our arrival, we drove 15 hours from California to see our son who was at Ft. Huachuca at the time. We were exhausted and the staff at 5 am were very accomidating and quickly checked us in and we got to our Exec. Suite and it was lovely. Nice, clean and the beds were super comfortable. We couldn't have asked for a better hotel, thank you to the staff and we will definately stay here again if we return.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Sierra Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2012

Thank you for choosing Sierra Suites when visiting your son at Ft. Huachuca. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your kind recommendation.

Reviewed 11 May 2012

We stayed at the Sierra Suites for two nights while hiking the the area. The staff were all capable, knowledgeable, and very helpful. The room was quiet and spacious and clean. The breakfasts were good- very good coffee. And all of this at a reasonable price.

Room Tip: second floor corner is quiet and roomy.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Sierra Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2012

Thank you for posting your review. So pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us while enjoying the great hiking in the Sierra Vista area!

Reviewed 6 May 2012

To call these rooms "suites" is pure fabrication. It was nothing more than a small hotel room ala early 1960s. The "easy chair" was butted right against the bed, blocking anyone from getting out of the bed on that side, for it had nowhere else to go. The room smelled heavily of "air freshener" added by the cleaning staff. Made me wonder what odor was being hid. The air conditioner had a "fresh air" setting which would have been nice given how pleasant the evening temperatures get in Sierra Vista, but the control knob was broken so I could not select it. The complementary breakfast was almost inedible...a strange tasting egg sandwich one morning, and dried to cardboard pancakes the next. The yoghurt was my fall-back choice each day. The room was also over-priced for what the traveler gets. I am in Tuscon this evening in a lovely hotel paying 25% less! The only positive was the very friendly check-in staff the day I arrived.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
granite_hotelmgr, General Manager at Sierra Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2012

(Posted on behalf of Glen Cobb, General Manager)
First, let me please apologize that you were disappointed with your recent stay. Secondly, I'd like to personally thank you for posting specific issues you encountered as this helps me greatly in addressing and fixing problems that I wouldn't necessarily know about. Let me address a few of the items you mentioned. 1)Yes, our name is 'Sierra Suites' but we have a variety of rooms, from standard to executive kings and doubles (larger one room) to suites (2 room, 1 bedroom/1 sitting area). From your description, you reserved a standard king sized room 2) Air Freshener, we recently changed air fresheners, and have received comments lately about it from guests such as yourself.. we'll be changing back to our regular air freshener 3) Breakfast: I personally pride myself on our breakfast as I've worked very hard to ensure we provide not just a good, but a great breakfast offering. That being said -- you are CORRECT, the egg sandwhich has to improve, it's something I'm working on with our breakfast team and I personally agree with you. It's high on my list. Pancakes -- we tried a new pancake mix this past month - I'm not happy with that either, as they aren't nearly as 'fluffy' as our old mix. We are working on modifying the recipe, but if that doesn't work, again.. we'll go back to our 'old' brand that are sure to produce light, fluffy, yummy pancakes.
Lastly, we DO offer discounts and specials throughout the year -- from weekend rates, to Tombsone Packages and even special 'GM Specials' from me -- these can almost always be booked online, or feel free to call us direct.

Be assured, that I do take guest service and comments very seriously. I was actually the 'agent' who checked you in. I thank you for your comments and hope that you will give us... me, the opportunity to make it right during your next visit to Sierra Vista and prove to you that we can and will do better.

Warm Regards,

#2 of 9 in Tombstone
Hampton Inn Sierra Vista
Hampton Inn Sierra Vista
#5 of 22 in Sierra Vista

Been to Sierra Suites? Share your experiences!