“Best hotel in Sierra Vista”
Review of Sierra Suites

Sierra Suites
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Sierra Vista
Reviewed 28 February 2010

Of the four hotels I've stayed at in town, Sierra Suites is hands-down the best. The hotel is conveniently close to everything in town, and the rooms are the most comfortable of any of the other hotels I've stayed at.

Rooms come with a medium-sized TV with cable and PPV movies, wireless internet, mini-fridge, and microwave. The entire hotel has a nice, comfortable southwestern atmosphere.

I did not give top scores for Service and Value, however. The exercise room, located next to the lobby, was small and had a very limited number of machines. Also, the free breakfast was limited and did not include any heated meats. I'd really recommend adding something like bacon or sausage. Lastly, I found the lady that worked the breakfast counter a little impolite. I thought all the front counter staff was exceptionally friendly, however.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Sierra Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2010

Thank you so much for your comments and declaration of us as the "Best Hotel In Sierra Vista". We do appreciate all comments and suggestions. A couple of things to mention - we'll be remodeling the breakfast room very soon, within the next couple of months. So you'll see changes there. Guests have requested hot items and thus have started to serve hot oatmeal daily and will be implementing more hot items in the near future in conjunction with the remodel. Lastly, we want to sincerely apologize if the service you received in the breakfast room was not exemplary - this was certainly not typical, but we will talk to our staff. As you noted from our front desk staff, our service is typically exceptional. We look forward to your next visit and hope you enjoy our new look!

There are newer reviews for Sierra Suites

Reviewed 13 February 2010

This is the lowest price AAA 3-diamond hotel in Sierra Vista. The reason is that it is not a chain and not the newest (SV has gotten at least 5 brand-new chain hotels in the past year or two). Room was large, comfortable, light was adequate if we turned on all the lights. Ceiling fan for the summer. We like the sink outside the toilet/bath room. Lots of cable channels. Good breakfast: oatmeal, cereal, fresh fruit, juices, bagels, etc. If you really want a hot full breakfast, just walk to the cafe across the street. Comfortable bed, although the pillows were uniformly thick and hard. PC in lobby, but printing was a complicated process; they told me they could not print boarding passes. But there is free internet connection/wireless in rooms.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Sierra Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2010

Thank you for your kind review! We did want to let you know of a few changes that we have just initiated based on reviews such as yours. First, the current printing option 'PrintMe' is being terminated as our guests have found it difficult to use. We are setting up a new printer at the computer workstation which should be up and in use by the end of this week (Feb 18, 2010). We agree that our guests should be (and will be) able to print their boarding passes. In addition, we've talked to the Executive Housekeeper regarding the pillow 'issue' as all of our guestrooms should have 2 firm AND 2 soft pillows so that every guest will have a pillow to suit their specific requirement.
Again, thank you for your comments -- we continue to learn and improve from guests such as yourself.

Reviewed 11 October 2009

This is an outstanding property with friendly staff. Everyone has a smile and asks if they can help in any way. Conveniently located with restraunts and shopping nearby. Room is very clean. Bed is very comfortable. Amenities such as refridgerator and microwave and coffee pot make this a great home away from home.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Sierra Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2009

Thank you for your kind response. We love to hear from guests who have enjoyed our services and amenitites. We look forward to your next visit!
Your Friends at the Sierra Suites

Reviewed 24 September 2009

The above line pretty well sums it up. The motel was very well maintained and clean. The courtyards were unique. The location was well centered to the area resturants and shopping. The employees were very friendly, helpful and professional. We stayed two extra nights longer than planned.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
granite_hotelmgr, Management at Sierra Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2009

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as our services and staff. We enjoyed having you as our guests and look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed 20 August 2009

I arrived late but they held my room for me. The lobby of the hotel is Beautiful, the pool area and building courtyards are very well kept, a nice excercise room, The staff was friendly and helpful. My room was close to everything, very secure feeling. Parking was alright. Complementary breakfast & newspaper was very good, excellent selections, fresh fruits, and it was fully stocked even at closing time, because I didn't make it in until almost 8:35am (ended at 9am)
The room was very clean and everything worked. Coffee pot, iron & ironing board, hair dryer, tv remote...everything worked. Mini refrigerator was'nt too noisy, a/c cooled great(and the filters were spotless, cause I checked)
However, I chose this hotel because it had the most stars rating.and actually I expected more from the rooms. Dont misunderstand me, its a clean place I just figured the rooms would be as nice as the lobby. All in all an okay place, just not the best value! I walked to the discount store and to a fast food restaurant, the local directory could have been a little more through. The shower was very clean, had a shower seat in it qas well as an adjustable hand held shower head.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo
granite_hotelmgr, Manager at Sierra Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2009

First, let us thank you for your kind comments - we are so happy that you enjoyed our lobby, courtyards, complimentary breakfast and of course our friendly staff. That is so important to us as we strive hard each day to please our guests and provide a welcoming comfortable environment.
We'd like to thank you for your suggestion of improving our local directory in the guestrooms, and we have set about improving them based on your suggestion. Thank you! We are happy you liked our bathrooms and showerheads and found our rooms clean - but are concerned that you expected more to add value to the accommodations. We learn from our guests each day and are constantly striving to improve our services and amenities. We would welcome your suggestion regarding what we could add to our guestrooms to improve your perceived value. Please don't hesitate to contact us directly or sending us a message via Trip Advisor, as we do check for messages regularly.

Warm regards, Management and Staff at the Sierra Suites Hotel, Sierra Vista, AZ

Reviewed 14 July 2009

Avoid this hotel like the plague. The staff was uniformly rude and hostile. The room was disgusting; the sink did not drain, so it contained sputem and other nasty stuff. The cigarette stench was overpowering. The so-called continental breakfast consisted mainly of stale doughnuts and pastries. Most disconcerting of all was the misleading manner in which the room charges were handled. Although the hotwire price was $84, they charged a total of $144 for a double bed smoking room with a rollaway. A $22 charge was applied at check out for an "extra person." I disputed the extra charge and pointed out that nowhere in the materials signed did this policy appear. I also informed the clerk that she was not authorized to charge my card and that the manager needs to call me. Instead, no call, just a bogus, unauthorized charge.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank chad5506
granite_hotelmgr, General Manager at Sierra Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2009

We were quite concerned about your comments as we've never had such concerns regarding our staff, (especially Glen, who has been one of our guests' favorite staff members) not to mention the issues you experienced with your room.

Based on the reservation we see that a King room was booked through Hotwire for 2 persons and an upgrade was later requested into a Double Queen room. Typically there is an additional charge for the larger room with 2 Queen beds, but we waived the fee. We do charge for additional people in the room, however. There were 4 adults - and we have confirmed with Hotwire that there rate is loaded correctly with the additional $10 per person over 2 people. This is not something that we hide, we do make it public knowledge. Based on your comments we will make an additional note on our website to make this even more clear.

We do want to accept responsibility for any problems and do try very hard to ensure our guests enjoy their stay. We certainly did try to go above and beyond with the room upgrade. We apologize that due to your concerns about the rate, that you were disappointed. I apologize as well that I did not return your call, I had been on vacation just returning at the end of the month.

We do take your concerns seriously and have made note of the issues in your guestroom so that we can fix the problems (we do strive address issues during your stay, so that you're visit is as comfortable as possible).
On happier note, we typically get great comments about our breakfast and have had some feedback from guests that they would like some hot items - we are in the process of adding a few hot items to our already fresh and yummy buffet!
Again, I apologize for the misunderstanding. Feel free to contact me directly if you'd like to discuss the associated charges - I welcome the opportunity to talk to you in person.
Warm regards,
Gaylene Wendle

Reviewed 1 February 2009

My husband and I stayed at Sierra Vista Suites on the night of January 31st. We checked in and I went to take a bath. When I went in the bathroom I found four pieces of different types of hair in and on the tub itself. On the floor around the tub I found several more. There was also a small hair on top of one of our towels. Moving onto the bed; the bed had several sesame seeds on top of the covers. All this aside we really just wanted to sleep. The reason we couldn't sleep was because of the horrendous pillows that were hard as rocks and like a foot thick so your neck was completely craned throwing off the alignment of your spine. For anyone with back problems, if you were able to sleep at all you awoke with sharp pains in your back and were not able to sleep more than an hour at a time. This would be expected from a place where you might have paid $40.00 to $50.00 but for $80.00 something dollars this was not what we expected.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank quailbird
mbruckler, General Manager at Sierra Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2009

I am submitting the letter I sent in response to the letter sent to me after your stay. Please know that i am more than happy to assist resolve guest concerns when they are brought to my attention during the guest stay. It is so difficult to assist in resolving concerns after the guest checks out. Please, Please -- when you (or anyone) has a concern during your stay -- let me and my team make it right before you leave.
-------------
I’m so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay at Sierra Suites and apologize for the issues you mentioned. We strive to make our guests stay enjoyable and do have a very thorough housekeeping staff. Because we know people have different “tastes” when it comes to pillows we have elected to place 2 firm and 2 flat pillows in the rooms so guests have a choice – not sure why and apologize that you received all of the same type of pillow. We appreciate it if you bring the condition of your room and pillows to the attention of the front desk so they could have changed rooms for you. I do appreciate you taking the time to bring these matters to my attention so I can follow up on them.

Gaylene Wendle, CHA

#2 of 9 in Tombstone
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#8 of 22 in Sierra Vista

Been to Sierra Suites? Share your experiences!