“Sleepy Hotel...”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Sierra Vista
Reviewed 5 April 2014

When my wife and I entered this hotel we thought that a neutron bomb had gone off as there were no people around. After a few minutes, we were in the process of leaving when someone at the front desk finally arrived and we were able to check in. Not even an apology. The room was clean and quiet, which we liked, and the spa worked which we really liked. We saw few other customers, which was nice, too. Nonetheless, the next morning we had the same experience with missing front desk personnel. As it turns out, this hotel worked out great for us as it's just a short 10-12 mile drive to Tombstone which was our destination for the next day. They should actually advertise this place as a good choice for a visit to Tombstone. Despite the slow check-in/check-out experiences, the only other negative was a dirty service ramp to the left of the front entrance that needs to be cleaned.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Ross M, Front desk liaison at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Thank you for staying with us! Our front desk staff wear many hats to keep costs (and prices!) down and we apologize for any inconvenience. We're glad you enjoyed the other aspects of your stay and hope you consider giving us another chance to provide a great experience the next time you're in the area!

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn & Suites

Reviewed 27 September 2013

We arrived early afternoon, check in was quick and pleasant--settled in then off to explore. My husband had served in the military here in '62 so a bit of nostalgia Fort Huachuca had grown as had the city.
Our room is spacious clean and extremely comfy we enjoyed having a king size bed. The time change gave us extra hours to shop and enjoy the pool area--the view from every direction is magnificent.
The breakfast was abundant many choices clean scenic dining area; the Comfort Inn never disappoints--girl at the desk even offered to mail my post cards.

Room Tip: We enjoy the top floor when there is an elevator always peaceful with breath taking view 315
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gilbert K
Ross M, Front desk liaison at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Excellent! We're so glad to hear your stay went so well and you had such a nice time staying with us! We love to get such positive feedback and I've shared your compliments with our staff. We look forward to making your next visit even better!

Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

This place has been remodeled and is nice. It has wood floors so stay on the third floor. My first night on two was bad. Dude above me walked like an elephant. Breakfast was good. But the same every morning.

• Stayed: September 2013
Ross M, Front desk liaison at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Thanks for the good review! We hope to see you again and that your next stay is even better!

Reviewed 5 September 2013

I booked a room here upon recommendation. I have had mixed feelings about staying in hotels with all the talk about bed bugs and past experience with unwashed bedding, etc. I checked pricing on-line first and then called to make a reservation. The prices were the same and my customer service was excellent. I got to the hotel to confirm my reservation and check in and was met with a cheery face and pleasant personality. I was most pleased with the room, bedding, bathroom and breakfast the next morning. I would highly recommend this hotel to others looking for a nice clean and fairly priced place to lay your head. P.S. The view of the mountains in the morning was spectacular!!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Ross M, Front desk liaison at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Wow! Thanks for the great review and comments! I'm so glad your stay at our hotel was such an excellent experience for you! I have shared your comments with our staff so they know what a great job they did. We'll see you next time!

Reviewed 26 August 2013

We stopped in Sierra Vista on the way north and found this Comfort Inn to be bright, clean, well priced. Reception staff were pleasant, room and bathroom were a good size. It is one of the better Comfort Inn and Suites we have stayed in on our trip.

I would recommend.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Ross M, Front desk liaison at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2013

Thank you for your good review and comments! We're glad to have provided you with a positive stay experience and hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 8 June 2013 via mobile

We primarily stay in Choice hotels when we travel and I don't usually review them, but this one was especially nice. The hotel was clean, well kept and our suite was nicely furnished. It is definitely one of the nicer Comfort Inn & Suites that we have stayed in. Breakfast is good. My only suggestions would be a bell at the front desk because the staff tended to live in the back room (working) and we had to call to them, but service was good. Also, we had quite a time extracting the waffle from the waffle maker! Make sure to ask for the non-stick spray! (It was not there when we poured the batter.) A nice hotel at a decent price, especially so close to a tourist trap like Tombstone.

• Stayed: June 2013
Ross M, Front desk liaison at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2013

Thank you for the positive review! We're glad we were able to provide such a quality experience and look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 26 May 2013

What a shocker. I cannot believe this is a Choice property. I travel and live in hotels, mostly Choice properties because of the generous points program. This hotel was a 5; and that's a rare rating from me. The checkin was smooth, the room was a king suite for $78. It was clean, everything worked properly, had all bath amenities, did not have those cheap yellow comforters other Choice properties have, hallway carpet was extremely clean. Breakfast was more than I've had at any Choice property. Eggs, real home fries, sausage, gravy, yogurt, and the standard waffles, pastries, etc. Rarely do hotels have home fries with the eggs & meat. I complimented the front desk clerk when I checked out about giving this property a high rating on TripAdvisor but she didn't seem to care of give me eye contact. She was the only glitch at this hotel. Stay here; you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
The Tombstone Grand Hotel
Garden Place Suites
Garden Place Suites
#3 of 22 in Sierra Vista

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!