“For a three star, its nice” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Sierra Vista
Tucson, Arizona
“For a three star, its nice”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

The room was clean, the ac was freezing cold, staff were nice.

Continental breakfast was average - I did notice everything offered was a low sugar low calorie version and since I am sensitive to sugar substitutes could not eat most of it. They had nice bananas though.

The pool and hot tub (should be called a lukewarm tub) were not very clean, the rate I was charged was $20 higher than what I was quoted at check in (not including taxes).

Overall I would call this an average two star place.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the pool are closer to the elevator and more shady parking. Don't count on the...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank HisNHersNHis
Faith R, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 11 September 2014
HisNHersNHis,

I am pleased that you enjoyed your room while you were with us, but am sorry about the rate discrepancy. I wish I had known when you checked out so that I could have fixed that for you. I appreciate you taking the time to give us a review and the comments that you have given; these reviews give me the opportunity to see the property through the eyes of our guests so that I can make adjustments where I need. Thanks again and we hope to see you again!
Faith R.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Murfreesboro, TN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this Comfort Inn and Suites for three days. Nicole was very kind and helpful. She called our room shortly after we arrived to make sure that everything was to our satisfaction. There was a personalized letter and some snacks in our room when we arrived as well. The breakfast was hot and included several options. We swam in the pool outside and got in the hot tub. Our suite was large enough for my husband and I and our three small children (including one baby in a pack and play). We would stay here again. I like how if you stay in any of the Choice Hotels you can accumulate points to redeem at a later date.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank BMWTN
BMWTN,
Thank you for taking the time to give us a review on Tripadvisor. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again soon.
Maricopa, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

We were extremely pleased with the staff and the quality of the room. The general manager was very helpful and definitely made you feel good about staying at this Comfort Inn. We appreciated the plug-ins that were part of the lighting fixtures, as it was convenient to charge our electronic devices. The breakfast had the standard cereal and waffles, but there was also eggs, potatoes and sausage ... very tasty. The staff person taking care of the breakfast area was very friendly and made you feel very welcome. We were visiting Bisbee, AZ and Kartchner Caverns and this Comfort Inn in Sierra Vista was a good central location to stay at.

Room Tip: We are elite gold members for Choice Inns and we received an upgrade from a king room to a king suit...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Faith R, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 8 October 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our property. We appreciate the nice comments and are happy that we met your expectations. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

I lived in Sierra Vista as a child and wanted to bring my children across the country to show them the west. When we pulled up I was very pleased with where it was located right next to my Sonic which was still there (and newly remodeled) :). It was comfortable and clean. The breakfast unfortunately was not good. The hot items anyway. My children loved the Cap'n Crunch though!! We slept well and would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for providing us feedback on your stay with us. I am sorry that your breakfast was less than enjoyable, it is an area that we are working very hard on making better. I hope your children enjoyed seeing the area that is part of your history and that your trip otherwise was enjoyable. If you are in our area again we would love to have you as our guest again.

Sierra Vista, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

I stay here on a regular basis once a week. My company sends me on a delivery route. After staying in other "cheaper" hotels, I chose this hotel and got my company to agree. I couldn't be happier. I walk in and I'm remembered by name. This might seem minor but wasn't done at the "light on" up the street. Makes me feel little more at home. The rooms are always clean and neat. Microwave fridge and large screen tv are nice. The staff are always friendly and happy. I've loved my stays here since the first one and haven't been disappointed yet. Plenty of restaurants bars and stores close by for anyone's needs. I've heard the breakfast is good but I'm out the door too early to try it. My loss.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side are quieter. If you stay frequently, log into Choicehotels.com and gain point...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ross M, Front desk liaison at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Thank you very much for the excellent review! We're glad to be of service and look forward to your weekly visits! Your review has been shown to staff and is very encouraging! See you next time!
Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

I stay at an awful lot of Choice Hotels and frequently seek out the Comfort Inn & Suites when there is one available. This one is in a good, safe location that is not too noisy so it worked perfectly for a couple of nights. The rooms are clean and reasonably sized and except for the typically dinky pillows the beds are comfortable with one weird exception. I've never seen anybody make the beds that way! There is a blanket on the bed, which I like even in warm areas because we sleep with the room cool. These were tucked in so far at the bottom that the blanket only came up to my waist. I got back up out of bed and re-made it properly. In fact I left it that way while we were gone for the day only to discover that housekeeping had carefully put it back in the strange half covered position when they made up the room. I haven't been short-sheeted since summer camp and although I don't mind making my own bed, this was just too weird. There were some other minor concerns like door lock cards that didn't work properly, patched bathroom door damage, toilet that took a couple of tries each time to work properly, and a refrigerator cabinet that opened by itself sometimes. I don't really have any complaints as such, but since it is actually a pretty expensive place I expected more. Oh, and if you are going to offer the country gravy for breakfast it might be nice to have biscuits or something to put it on.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad we were a good fit convenience-wise for your stay though I regret any inconvenience. Our front desk staff is available 24/7 to help with any concerns you may have! Your remarks have been shared with staff and we would welcome the opportunity to provide you with a superior stay should you find yourself in our area again!
Benson, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

When I arrived, and I spoke to the person behind the counter and ask them if I could get the rate that was posted on Google. It was for $94. He told me that that was not the regular price since their prices have gone up and was not reflected on Google. So ask him if there's any way you could match my price. He said sorry no it was going to be a $109. I left looking for alternatives. Days Inn was next door for only $75. This is Sierra Vista after all...it appears they are taking advantage of people like other establishments that take advantage of military personnel or their families. I wish I would have had TripAdvisor before I stayed there.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Ross M, Front desk liaison at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Since you did not actually stay with us I can only respond to your front desk experience. It is true that pricing may fluctuate during high occupancy times and Google's cached page may not be up to date as Google is not a travel site; however our front desk response could have been better and more responsive. Your remarks have been shared with staff and will be used to improve our service. We hope to provide superior service if you're ever in town again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sierra Vista
Holiday Inn Express Sierra Vista
Days Inn Sierra Vista
Days Inn Sierra Vista
#6 of 22 in Sierra Vista

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!