“Odd, but Tasty”

Cuisines: Chinese
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Odd, but Tasty”
Reviewed 6 February 2014

If you don't mind a place that has junk stacked around, plastic table cloths, and pool tables (2) in the middle of the floor, and a bank of computers along one wall, I would say, "Venture in". I have eaten there three times since coming to Snowflake a month or so ago. There is dining out on the "patio" in front (right on Main Street), but it's too cold right now to utilize. The fare covers Asian and American casual food. There is a lunch special, which is on a set menu, that includes an entree and a drink for $5.00. There are $1.00 tacos, as well. We had the special and a taco the first time there, and I thought it was the best taco I'd ever had. The second time, I just had tacos. They did not quite live up to the first one, but was pretty good. The salsa is tasty, and mild. Today we had sweet and sour chicken. The sauce is homemade and very different from what I've experienced before. The veg in the mix were winter squash (green and yellow) instead of pineapple and bell peppers. For what this place is, the food is good. I think the owners need some guidance on how to put the place together attractively. They need to focus on one concept instead of offering this hodge-podge which can be off-putting to a lot of visitors.

• Visited February 2014