“A "Bucket List" Western Resort”

and 1 more site!
Xanadu Ranch GetAway / Private Guest Rooms / Guest Ranch & Horse Motel
Ranked #1 of 4 Sonoita B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 July 2013

My wife and I have been coming to Xanadu since 2007, a year after Karen & Bernie opened this facility, and we have brought many friends from all over the Valley and even from England.

Wonderful views of Sonoita's famous "wine Country". If you're lucky, you can catch a glimpse of the herd of deer that also love the Xanadu property. Located in the heart of Sonoita, it offers close proximity to nearby Elgin, Patagonia and less than a mile from "The Steak Out", a wonderful Western steakhouse for yummy steaks, ribs, libations and more!!!
Xanadu offers a two bedroom remodeled "bunk house", a wonderful private casita, and two additional private bedrooms.
If you're looking for a quiet respite in Arizona's southern wine country, this is the place to stay!
Heaven in Sonoita!!!

Room Tip: The bunk house overlooks the wine valley and is apart from the main house. Recently remodeled with...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 7 July 2013

My wife Rita and I visit the wineries of Elgin/Sonoita each year. Last year we began staying at the Xanadu Ranch as guests of Karen and her husband Bernie. They are very outgoing and gracious hosts. The rooms and casitas are comfortable. Come prepared for relaxation. Loose the watch, bring the wine and enjoy time on the ranch. Thank you Karen & Bernie, we'll be back. Bunkhouse A . . . key the light on.

Room Tip: The bunkhouses are larger and have a full kitchen and bbq.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2013

A crew of my favorite friends drove down from Phoenix for the preview event for Overland Trout, the new restaurant by Chef Greg LaPrad.

We have friends in the nearby Arizona wine industry who all recommended Xanadu. We booked it and loved it!

Each of our rooms was clean, comfortable and fully stocked with everything we could ever need. Bernie and Karen are amazing host and tended to every need.

Book this spot, you'll love it!

Room Tip: Go for the casita!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2013

First when I reserved the room they did not tell me they charge $10.00 each small child which most hotels do not now. Next they wanted to charge me $10.00 to make up the futon bed even if I just wanted sheets to do it myself. The lady called me the day before I was to arrive and was very rude and apparently does not like military/veterans and telling me I did not tell them about children when in fact I did and that it would cost me for each small child and to make the futon. She was not customer friendly and the place is not family or military friendly. Also the American flag is ripped/shredded and is against the U.S. flag code.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
8  Thank George G
Bernie K, Owner at Xanadu Ranch GetAway / Private Guest Rooms / Guest Ranch & Horse Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2013

#1 This person never stayed at the Xanadu...so their rating on our rooms is irrelevant
#2 It is posted on our website that we charge for extra beds and children... infants are FREE
#3 We have active Military discounts
#4 I am a Vet and proudly display the flag
#5 When people book a room by phone or online it is up to them to read and/or ask us about our policies, not just assume that we can do what the BIG Chain hotels do and to tell us if they have children, infants, or pets...so we can set up the rooms and charge accordingly!!!
#6 We don't feel that someone that has not stayed at our location be able to post a review or make untrue statements about our rooms/ sleep quality, etc
#7 If this person had told us about the children, as they said, then they would have known our policies the day they said they booked
#8 We don't allow people to make up the extra beds, if people tell us they need an extra bed we tell them our policies at the time of the call and/or on line booking

Reviewed 27 June 2013

We spent a night at Xanadu Ranch during our visit to the Sonoita/Elgin wine area. The setting is perfect with views of the mountains and rolling hills. What I liked most about Xanadu is that it has a bed and breakfast feel, but you're not tied to the place to eat your meals. They keep a well-stocked snack shack that you can use if needed along with your own personal kitchens in the rooms. Karen and Bernie are awesome hosts that provide great information on the area including a map and wine card that will get you discounts at the wineries. I highly recommend Xanadu Ranch as a perfect location when exploring wine country, Tombstone, or Bisbee.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bigzinaz
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We spent one night at Xanadu for a quick get away to Arizona Wine Country. Karen and Bernie were so welcoming, from the moment we drove up to the moment we left. They were very informative about where to go, they provided us with maps and information about the wineries and restaurants and even provided a wine country discount card which gave us some free tastings and purchase discounts. The rooms at Xanadu are very comfortable and there are a lot of amenities, like satellite TV, free DVD library, and a fully stocked snack area. The views are spectacular, the grounds are beautiful and very quiet and peaceful at night. We will definitely be going back to Sonoita, hopefully next time longer than one night and will definitely stay at Xanadu again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2013

My daughter and I rented the bunkhouse out for a wine tasting weekend getaway. The rooms were clean, comfortable, and well-equipped for cooking and eating in. The setting is beautiful with rolling hills, horse properties, and vineyards. The owners, Karen and Bernie, were extremely friendly and helpful. We will be back!

Room Tip: The bunkhouse is great if you want to cook any of your own meals. There are two separate quarters w...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Been to Xanadu Ranch GetAway / Private Guest Rooms / Guest Ranch & Horse Motel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Xanadu Ranch GetAway / Private Guest Rooms / Guest Ranch & Horse Motel

Address: 92 S.Los Encinos Rd, P.O. Box 1291, Sonoita, AZ 85637
Region: United States > Arizona > Sonoita
Ranked #1 of 4 B&Bs / Inns in Sonoita
Price Range: £66 - £89 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
The Xanadu Ranch GetAway gives you all the amenities to make your stay your way...At the Xanadu you can make your own hot breakfast in your room, we have 3 units with Full Kitchens or go to one of our local places for breakfast.or just have a cup of coffee or tea on us, in the privacy of your own room or outside at one of our comfortable scenic seating areas, watch a DVD movie (all rooms have satellite TV, DVD players and wireless Internet)***All rooms have refrigerators, microwaves, coffee pots & toasters.We are 1 1/2 miles from the Sonoita Crossroads, close to all the finest Restaurants and Shops, in the heart of wine country...If your coming to do the winery's we would recommend stopping at Charron's vineyards just off I-10 6 miles on the left. Then come here and check in as we have a Wine club card, on your room key for discounts and take some of our wine glasses all this will save $. Also we can give you the latest updates and a wine tour vacation guide. Xanadu Means "A place of great beauty, peace and contentment " Dream Land" ! Trip Advisor's # 1 Pick for Sonoita, Elgin, Patagonia, (The Mountain Empire) Certificate of Excellence Winner from Trip Advisor for 2011 & 2013 & 2014 (A big thanks to all our return guests) The # 1 pick for group gatherings, family reunions, Girl's weekend out, and more. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers so you can book your Xanadu Ranch GetAway / Private Guest Rooms / Guest Ranch & Horse Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.