“Very kind and good service...”

The Royale Krakatau
Ranked #2 of 5 Cilegon B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I have stayed this hotel 1 and half months for business trip
All hotel people are very kind and always take care of me.
Whenever I need help, I always go to reception desk.
Then most of problem are resolved.

Especially thanks to Mr.Dickey.
He bring me company every morning. - Hotel Pickup Service
During driving, we have talk about various things
Due to him, I can start my work pleasantly

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
TheRoyaleKrakatau, Room Division Manager at The Royale Krakatau, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Dear Jaeman K,

First of the all we would like to thank you for your visit to us and we are very pleased that you have enjoyed your very short stay.

On behalf of the management and staff of The Royale Krakatau Hotel Cilegon, we would like to thank you for your good comments.

Its our responsibility to always provide good service to our guests and try to fulfill their requirements.

Again thank you for your stay with us, and we look forward to seeing you back in The Royale Krakatau Hotel Cilegon, Banten - Indonesia.

Best Regards,

Room Division manager

Reviewed 12 September 2013

Stayed 2 nights at this hotel during training session. It was nice. The room was clean and bathroom too. The elevator worked well. Unfortunately during one of the lunches I had, I tried the shrimp and clams on the salad bar and it was far from fresh. I informed one of the waiters but nothing was done to take the shrimp and clams out of the table. From then on, I stayed away from the seafood served there. The soups were good daily. If I were to return to Cilegon, I may stay there again, but will stay away from the seafood by the salad bar.

Room Tip: Get the higher level and not the one facing the parking lot. The staff's motorcycle might be a...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank blueplanettraveler
TheRoyaleKrakatau, Room Division Manager at The Royale Krakatau, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Dear Blueplanettraveler,

Thank you very much for sharing on your experience at The Royale Krakatau Hotel Cilegon. We are delighted to read that your stay met your expectations and that you were pleased with our facilities and our rooms. We apologize for the inconvenience caused by the shrimp and clams on the salad bar was far from fresh. We look forward to welcoming you again soon,

SUSAEDI

Reviewed 5 September 2013

nice peacful resort in the industrilal town,clean and comfortable rooms,good service pleasant atmosphere for a morning walk with lush green lawns.golf cart for going around the resort good selection of menu in the breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Singarammohan,

First of all, thank you very much for taking the time to share on your experience with us. For the Emerald section actually we do the program to improve & refresh our room such as curtain and vitrace, bed, bed skirting, painting wall and change the vinyl floor of corridor, and thank you very much for your very positive feedback on our restaurants to the concerned department; it is always a great motivation for us. We look forward to welcoming you again soon,

Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

When i'm going to my hometown in lebaran holiday,i've stay in this hotel,i got 20% off and i stayed in the cottage style,the service is good,my child like the view and the atmosphere is very nice,and there is a golf cart to make easier access around the hotel.The breakfast is very good,there a lot of menu to enjoy,the restaurant name saphire and it got a view of the golf course,the receptionist is really nice especially ms.Tiwi,she is very nice and give my son a pen,thank you soo much for the friendly service.i hope to spend time in this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Kevin D

Dear Kevin D,

First, let us thank you for your feedback on your stay. Your concise review of our hotel is of great value to us and we appreciate your positive take on our service and facilities. We look forward to welcoming you again,

Reviewed 8 August 2013

My wife and my self have found the hotel a excellent choice. The staff are helpfull and friendly and are prepeard to go out of their way to help guests. The rooms are clean and comfortable, tea and coffee making is also in the room along with a mini bar.
The food covers both Asian and western tastes, we use the Bistro in the main building which offers both Buffet and Al a carte both of which are of a high standard, and the service from the staff excellent.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Dear Joe M,

Thank you very much for your detailed and positive review on the Royale Krakatau Hotel Cilegon. We are delighted to read that you were pleased by our team’s welcome and service. Thank you as well for your compliments on our rooms, our facilities and our Restaurant as well as for sharing a room tip with the other Trip Advisor user. We look forward to welcoming you again soon upon your next visit to Cilegon,

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 11 June 2013

We arrive at the Royal Krakatau hotel at 1300hrs on June 11th
Our booking was done by phone to the hotel about a week ago for a Family Suite from June 11th to June 14th, reservation number 249222 confirmed by J.
There was a lot of confusion at the reception as apparently my booking was not there, to the point that one hour later, I got quite angry and they out of the blue took me and my wife to the Family Suite # 102......
Well, what a dump!! Everything in there was falling apart,the sofa were so dirty you would not believe, the armrests were all torn out to the foam, , the walls had an unknown color, and grafitti's, the main bedroom has a 15" TV box from last century, the AC is all black , the bathrooms have seen much better time, toilets leaking etc....the main so called dining room has a totally worn out table...the all place is a total wreck!!!!! A bit like a losmen, but the Family suite is 170$/day and the losmen 5$/day
No wonder why on the Royal Krakatau site there are no pictures of that Family Suite.....
I angrily went back to the reception and asked a room as advertised on the pictures in the well exposed book sitting there, clean and quite, modern AC, large LED TV , clean sofa's etc....
The duty Manager showed us in the main building a Suite on the 5th floor, but unfortunatly there are renovations ongoing on the roof and we could not stay there listening to the defeaning noise of continuous hammering...
Back down in the reception, I looked at the famous nice pictures book and found the Royal Suite # 302 and I said I wanted that one.....
Waiting and waiting.....around 1600hrs (so 2 hours after our arrival ) I was guided to the Royal Suite, unpacked everything from our car to the rooms.
Next someone called and said that we could only stay there one night as the Royal Suite is for VIP's only.....what do that means?????
I said that I would not move from there until next Saturday 15th....and that's yet' I can also be a VIP no???
Look like now we will stay there, but you know what the sofa's in there are torn apart too, the garage has a roof leaking .....well welcome to Cilegon!

Room Tip: Main building is the only relatively new building with a bit of modernism, the rest of the bungalows...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank world1951

Dear World1951,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are sorry to read that you were disappointed with our service upon check in and our room that make you complain. We apologize deeply for the inconvenience caused. We Thank you also for your positive feedback. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon,

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Last weekend stayed in this hotel with hubby and kid. We got emerald block no 701. The room, bathroom was clean and spacious, complete with international tv channel, coffee and tea maker. Kid love the pool but seem crowed with outside visitor...For breakfast they served Indonesian food, Japanese ( sushi and kimchi ), western ( bread, danish, toast, cornflake ), fresh juice, fresh and sweety fruit. The taste was edequate but ok for me. The staff at breakfast area greeted and smile to the expatriate only .,, ( shame ) and did not offer coffee or tea. Overall i like this hotel because they have cottage room and huge nature green scenery, but i hope they should give hospitallaty sense to all guest.

Room Tip: Choose room at the cottage with verandah.......i
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank tuti40

Dear Tuti40,

Thank you for sharing on your stay with us. We are very pleased to read that you had a pleasant stay at our hotel and we appreciate deeply your appreciation of our staff’s service as well as our room amenities and facilities. We do apologize sincerely for the inconvenience caused by our staff attitude, We hope that you will choose us again upon your next visit to Cilegon,

Room Division Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cilegon
Marbella Hotel, Convention & Spa
#7 of 13 in Serang
Aston Anyer Beach Hotel
Green Garden Resort Anyer
Sanghyang Indah Spa Resort

Been to The Royale Krakatau? Share your experiences!