“How to book at havasu falls”
Review of Havasupai Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Supai
Havasupai Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Supai
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I rated Poor so far because you can't get a hold of anyone to book a visit. Can anyone tell me how they managed to make a reservation at this lodge. I have been calling the numbers for the lodge and the campground for over a week, it either rings continuously, goes to voicemail that is full and you can't leave a message or rings busy. I actually got someone to answer the phone at the campground once. they asked to put me on hold. I was on hold for so long it disconnected me.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
31  Thank MelissaB1012
There are newer reviews for Havasupai Lodge

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Given its remote location, two stars is one star better than I would have expected. The Lodge has seen better days, but it provides more than enough creature comforts for a trip that should basically be viewed as a roughing it experience.

Each of the lodge’s 24 rooms has two double beds and a bathroom. The rooms are very basic: no telephone, no TV (and no smoking). Check-in time is 1 pm. You may provide your confirmation statement, ID and charge card information earlier than this, but no room keys are provided until 1 pm.

Maintenance was poor: my air conditioning unit worked sporadically, the drapes were falling off the rods, and it took a couple of minutes for the chilly-to-lukewarm “hot” water to appear. On the bright side, the air conditioning worked after a fashion, a cool shower is better than no shower at all, the bed was comfortable, and there was potable water. The cost of a room is $145 per night. To this, add a Supai Village entrance fee of $35 per person per visit, plus an environmental care fee of $5 per person per visit I was under the impression that the environmental care fee was levied only on campers, but my bill included the fee. This may be new; the fee was manually inserted into a typed list of charges. All charges are subject to a 10% tax. To make reservations, call 928-448-2111 or -2201. There’s a $40/night deposit.

Lodge rooms may be booked a year in advance. Make sure you receive written confirmation of your reservation. This will be needed to gain entry to Supai. When will you get your confirmation? Answer #1: according to the person taking my reservation, this is based on their fiscal year, which begins around November 1. Your deposit won’t be charged, and you won’t get confirmation, until after the beginning of the fiscal year in which you’re going. For example, if you call them in June 2013, but your reservation is for April 2014, the deposit won’t be charged to your credit card until November 2013. Once that happens, you should receive written confirmation. Answer #2: My credit card wasn’t charged until December 31; I received written confirmation a week later.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
15  Thank excessineverything
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We check in at 7 pm and checked out at 3 am. This was a quick stop before we backpacked to Havasu Falls. The rooms were clean and large. The backpacking breakfast was perfect to grab and eat on the drive to the Hilltop trail. The hot tub was a nice way to relax before the long hike down to the falls. I would recommend staying here before you hike down to Havasu Falls. The restaurant had good food and the staff was friendly.

2  Thank lyonaj
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We stayed two nights at the lodge it's no Hyatt but you are at the most beautiful and remote place I have ever been! It was clean and the shower worked! I felt the price was fair if you factor in the price of the Mule to carry your stuff up and down if you camp it's a little more money for comfort! NO BUGS in room!

3  Thank nancykathynelly
Reviewed 19 May 2014

How can you complain about this lodge - it's all about location, location, location. If you don't want to camp then this is the perfect place to call home base during your stay. Hot shower, running water, flush toilet and clean sheets. What else do you need? No TV, no phone. Only an electric digital clock, heater/A/C unit and enough power outlets for charging electronics. Microwave is located in the office/lobby. Plenty of books and board games are available from the lobby. Just the bare necessities here. Don't expect the Hilton down here. Keep an open mind. Can't wait to go back. Took the helicopter out on a windy Sunday. The copter couldn't land at the usual parking lot landing pad so he used a second landing pad 5 miles away. A car came and picked us up and drove us back to the parking lot for our cars. This was an unforgettable adventure. Pack your patience and sense of wonder!

Room Tip: Glad to get a first floor room after 10 miles of hiking. Who wants to walk up stairs when your feet...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank carm123
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We stayed at the lodge after a morning hike into the canyon, and I have to say it was better than I had expected and well worth the extra money to sleep in a bed and have a shower then have to camp. The room and linens were clean, the beds fine, and the AC worked. You have to be checked in before 5 pm and make sure to have your $40 reservation receipt with you. Not a particularly friendly place, but it made our trip easy and fun.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Crystal K
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I booked a room here a year in advance for my trip to the falls. I was charged $160 for 2 rooms and 4 entry passes to the falls. I had to cancel because I hurt my foot and was unable to make the trip. I canceled a good 3 1/2 months before the trip was supposed to happen and have yet to see my refund. I have tried calling and get no answer. I call every day and never can get someone on the phone. I think if I am able to go next year I will definitely be camping.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank sjenkins001

Been to Havasupai Lodge? Share your experiences!