“Awesome but can do without the loud music”

Five Guys Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 20 Quick Bites in Surprise
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 6 February 2012

Burgers are awesome....just awesome. I love the custom drink makers too. Restaurant is very clean and staff is helpful.

The only thing I didn't like, was the loud music. It was loud enough to make having an across the table conversation a challenge. I've been in restaurants that play music, but they keep it low. Other than that, it was awesome

Date of visit: February 2012
4  Thank RomanusRodrigo

Reviewed 7 January 2012

Went at 5:00pm dinner time. They sure do offer big burgers with lots of toppings, however, the bun was very wet and soggy, probably because of all the toppings. The fries are all handcut cooked in peanut oil. Good fries but they need to shake off that liquid more before throwing them in the paper bag, fries too were soggy, but tasty. They only have burgers and hot dogs on the menu so if you are looking for more choices they don't have that. We felt rushed thru the line and eating. They have lots of guys working to get those orders out very quickly. This is not a place to sit and enjoy a little longer because people are everywhere waiting for tables. You may want to come earlier or later to avoid all those lines. They do have patio seating. Willing to go back at a different time to give them another chance. Everyone has their favorite burger joints this may not be ours.

Date of visit: January 2012
3  Thank monetkids
Reviewed 2 January 2012

Second Five Guys that I've been to. Very good burger, done exactly how you like it. I keep forgetting that their regular burgers come with TWO patties. They get you started with free peanuts, and their regular fries seem to fill the rest of the bag, so I always have a hard time finishing my regular size burger. You get a clue to what is coming when you see the grease oozing out of the side of the brown paper bag. Hmm, grease, or "juices"? Still tasty, but I try not to go too often, lest I need a triple coronary bypass sooner than I need to. Don't tell your cardiologist, and enjoy yourself.

Still a very good burger. I like Fuddrucker's a bit better, and I like layering on the condiments myself at Fuddruckers, but they don't even have one in WA. We lucked out with a Five Guys here in Bellingham, and close to our winter getaway.

Date of visit: December 2011