“NICE!!!”

Hampton Inn Suites Phoenix Surprise
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Surprise
Reviewed 15 July 2012

I should have known better. When I say that, I mean I should have known about this place a long time ago. It's 2 miles from my home and the only reason I was staying there was because they were pet friendly and my air conditioner went out on the hottest day of the year so far. Very nice lobby. Was greeted by Pat, who later even offered to upgrade me for free to a suite to accommodate me and my pet. The room was immaculate. The closet door is hidden inside of a mirror on the wall. A 7 foot from the floor up, mirror. Not the usual sliding mirror doors which I can't stand. I had two double beds that were supremely comfortable with more than enough pillows even though I travel with my own. A very nice office area with gooseneck lamp and all the furniture was up to date. Each room has a microwave, refrig, t.v. iron and board. The bathrooms were done in a faux marble which looked very nice and it was roomy in there. It is a QUIET place, which is just what I wanted. They have a decent pool and hot tub and the staff wander the grounds to make sure guests have everything they need. The breakfast was hot and tended to by staff. They would even make your waffles for you if you wanted while you managed other items. The eating area was very spacious and there was more than ample selection of breakfast foods. Honestly, even though the place has been there for at least 7 years, it looks brand new inside and out. Well taken care of property. If in the area, stay here. You will not find a better hotel for the dollar anywhere in the valley.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank michaelh747

Reviewed 9 July 2012

We stayed two nights. The room was large and the furniture of good quality. The bed and pillow were comfortable. Everything was clean. The towels were fluffy enough.The shower was pleasant. All employees were nice and made us feel welcome. The breakfast was a good variety with waffles, fruit, cereals, juices, etc. It included scrambled eggs one day and biscuits and gravy the next.
The in room air conditioner was loud enough that it might keep some people awake.
We won't mind staying there again.

Room Tip: Front side street that is busy in the daytime, back side rooms are probably quieter.
2  Thank TRB33
Reviewed 13 June 2012

My Fiancée and I stopped here Saturday, 06/09/12. The hotel is located on W. Grand Ave near W Meeker Blvd in Surprise, AZ (30 miles south of Wickenburg, AZ). Note: Watch your speed in this stretch of the highway (prior to Wickenburg 65->25 Mph and up to Sun City West 65->55 Mph), advise you keep to the speed limit.

The hotel appears to be maintained and clean, just what you would expect from this chain of hotels. They have an outdoor pool in the back. With my AARP discount the room was $70.?? With the tax included, not bad for a Saturday night stay. The room was clean and comfortable with a clock radio, flat screen LCD TV, microwave, refrigerator and hair dryer.

There is a Denny’s located in front of the hotel. You can walk to the Albertsons in the same plaza. The hotel is located across the railroad tracks from Banner Del E Web Medical Center in Sun City West. Note: I requested a quiet room when I made my room reservation on-line and our room was facing the rear of the hotel. Yes it was quiet, except for the A/C unit.

The one problem we had was with the A/C unit being very noisy. When it came on, the fan ran so loud that we had to increase the volume on the TV to hear the HBO movie and other shows. When the A/C clicked off, we had to lower the volume on the TV. If you were in the bed by the A/C unit you would freeze when it was running.

Breakfast was included but, the offerings needed to be a bit more welcoming. The hot entre was “Bagel Toppers”, consisting of some type of egg and cheese melted on ½ a bagel. No breakfast potatoes or meats were served. Hot Oatmeal was available, as well as “make your own” Waffle. Coffees, juice and pour your own milk (2% and Skim) was available for beverages. Blueberry muffins, Bagels, Breads for Toast, cereals, bananas, apples and fresh fruit were also available for breakfast.

Room Rating: B-
Breakfast Rating: C
Rates a Return: Not sure. If I return and the A/C is a problem again, I will request a change of rooms right away.

Room Tip: I would request a room on the back side (away from the railroad tracks and highway). Higher floors...
4  Thank Engineer_Lou
Reviewed 5 June 2012

We have stayed here 3 times now... all good.
I like the fact that when I did have a concern about something the Mgr. Marco, called me right back and handled the concern. You can;t expect perfect but you can expect swift solutions.
They do a nice job with their morning breakfast service.

Room Tip: Since this is not a view property I would just ask to be at least 2 rooms away from the elevators.
Reviewed 11 May 2012

We chose this hotel simply because of its proximity to Del Webb Hospital and Hospice of Arizona. We immediately felt welcomed and comfortable. The staff is efficient and cheerful. The hotel is clean, charmingly decorated with a balance of upscale sophisticated style and homespun charm. Breakfast is good with plenty of variety. Our room had everything we needed including a large refrigerator and a microwave. The bathroom and shower were great. The beds were very comfortable with funny, lumpy quilts which proved to be cozy and comforting. We spent ten nights and while we hope to never have the same reason to stay at this hotel, we would not hesitate to book again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank comfort&joy
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Hampton Inns are usually a great value and Hampton in Surprise did not disappoint. Very clean and quiet with the usual excellent breakfast bar. Nice pool and hot tub out back and the staff was very helpful.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Stared here for a week while working at Arizona Proving Grounds. Excellent location and just about as close as you can stay to there. Also close enough to drive to the major restaurant areas while avoiding morning traffic. Rooms were clean and spacious and breakfast was very good everyday.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business