“Loved this hotel”

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Surprise
Kaukauna, Wisconsin
“Loved this hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

The breakfast was awesome every morning. The staff were very polite. The location was awesome. Right next to a road with lots of restaurants. Very comfortable and clean hotel. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Ian G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Surprise, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
So glad you enjoyed the breakfast! Come back and see us.

Ian

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Hebrew first
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

I always consider staying at this hotel whenever me and my family travels to AZ to visit relatives in Sun City, which is a few miles away. The room is clean, beds and pillows are comfortable. Staff as always nice. The complementary breakfast was not as good as it was, but it's free, how can you complain..

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Santa Rosa, CA, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express for the PacWest Tennis Championships. The location was perfect, only minutes away from the tennis complex. The hotel was neat, clean, and surprisingly quiet for a property housing multiple men's and women's college tennis teams. The staff was helpful and friendly offering suggestions for local restaurants and providing directions to nearby stores and coffee shops. The rooms were clean and had both a small refrigerator and microwave in them. If you are coming to see the Spring Training games its location can't be beat. The hotel is located about one block from both the Kansas City and Texas stadiums. Overall, it was a great stay and I look forward to returning every year!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

Nice HIE in keeping keeping with the HIE standard. Staff is attentive, friendly, and helpful. Good place to stay. The rooms are clean and bright. The morning breakfast was the standard HEI menu. It would be nice to see some variety in the menu after all of these years.

It would be very helpful if management had a list of recommended restaurants in different price ranges.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

I made my reservation 6 months in advance for a king suite. I checked in at noon and again at 4:30pm. My king suite room was not ready at 4:30 and then the desk clerk said it was no longer available and gave me a room with 2 queens. She provided no other explanation and did not apologize. I also indicated I needed a late check out on Sunday because I was in a tennis tournament and would be playing at 11:00am check out time. The desk clerk said they have rules about late check out and only 2-3 rooms in the hotel can have late check out and late check out was not available for me. I had indicated I needed late check out when I made my initial reservation and the desk clerk I spoke with on the phone at the time said no problem and did not tell me of any rules. So I was very surprised that I could not get late check out. I went to the front desk to further discuss. I asked to speak with a manager and she said no one was at the hotel to speak with. At the front desk a sign posted "Manager on Duty" Ian Galligan so I asked to be in contact with Ian. The desk clerk said Ian would not be in until Monday so basically there was no supervisor or manager at the property to speak with. I insisted that a manager be notified somehow and finally the desk clerk said she would "try" to contact the assistant manager.
I am not a happy customer and would think that a hotel would always have a manager ON DUTY and ON Site. Very disappointed and surprised that there is no management to speak with. Why is there a sign posted at the front desk that says "Manager On Duty" and there is no manager around. I would like to get a response from Mr. Galligan regarding this matter.

Room Tip: Convienent location to shopping and restaurants, baseball stadium and community park complex.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Nancy_294
Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

Staff were helpful and friendly, room was clean and quiet. Two blocks away from Surprise Stadium where Spring Training MLB games are played. Stayed 4 nights to see baseball games. Pool outdoors was not heated and was too cool for a swim. WiFi was uneven but staff gave me tips to help.
Reserve early if Spring Training is your keen interest as hotel was full. A block of rooms were taken by Minor League administrators for the athletes aspiring to the Big League. The players were quiet, good-natured athletes who were facing curfews at night, so the hotel did not "rock on!" all night.

Room Tip: Did not see other rooms but guests were not complaining or discussing them.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Waxahachie, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

We stay at the Holiday Inn Express Surprise every year for Texas Rangers Spring Training. Always a wonderful experience! Rooms are spacious and clean. Staff is always exceptional - helpful, friendly and earnestly caring! We did experience TV problems on this stay. Every time we turned off the TV, when we turned it on again, we had to unplug it and let it "reset" itself - a little annoying. But once it was actually on, it was fine. I reported it, so hopefully they will have it fixed before the next people check in. So, other than that little annoyance, everything was great. I'd definitely recommend it if you need accommodations in the Surprise area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family