“Nice Ambience, Good place for long term stay”

Windmill Suites in Surprise
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Surprise
Reviewed 16 September 2011

i chose it for the ambience as I was staying 6 days in 09/2011 . Southwest /Spanish architecture, pool in nice garden with lake (complete with ducks). The other hotels in the area are boxes in parking lots. Nice size room, clean, very helpfull staff (gave me 3PM checkout). Mattresses comfortable. Clean, quiet, 3rd night free. Only negative is kitchenette had no cutlery or dishes. there is a $ store within walking distance to solve this problem. I come every year to see my parents in assisted living, will come back next year (with my cutlery/dish), and am recommending it to my sister who also comes. There are 3 fast food places nearby in case you like junk food.
Belgian visitor.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Eric A
JRCauvin, Owner at Windmill Suites in Surprise, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2011

We thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent stay at our Surprise/Sun City West location.

Reviewed 10 August 2011

The best place to stay in the area and a good value. While it's not a fancy resort, the rooms and public areas are spotlessly clean, staff is friendly, breakfast and wifi are included. We really love having a mini kitchen to keep beverages cool and microwave snacks if we like. We have stayed here many times when visiting family in the area and have never been disappointed. Close to many restaurants and shopping along Bell Road.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank BLH613
JRCauvin, Owner at Windmill Suites in Surprise, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive comments regarding your stay at our Surprise/Sun City West property.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated and will be shared with our team members.

Thank you for being a loyal guest.

Reviewed 18 July 2011

Our stay was more than we expected. The room was very very clean, the staff were extremely attentive and friendly
The entire stay was beyond what we had hoped for
This is my new favorite!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
JRCauvin, Owner at Windmill Suites in Surprise, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2011

Your feedback is greatly appreciated and will be shared with our team members. We will recognize the outstanding service they have provided.

We are happy to know we have met your expectations.

Reviewed 15 July 2011

I have stayed at this hotel several times, and every time after the first I started relaxing the minute I walked in the front door. The quiet comfortable suites, wonderful service, and little extras like a full Sunday newspaper, great breakfast, and fresh baked cookies at check-in make you think you're at a much more expensive hotel. Julie at the front desk fully exemplifies the hotel's commitment to 110% guest satisfaction. What a wonderful value - I can't wait to stay there again!

Room Tip: The rooms with views are very nice, but if the view isn't important to you go ahead and save a f...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
JRCauvin, Owner at Windmill Suites in Surprise, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2011

Thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent stay at our Surprise/Sun City West Windmill. We appreciate your feedback.

We will recognize the outstanding service Julie provided.

Reviewed 10 July 2011

Today we had an issue arise with our room, one we understand is increasingly becoming a problem in AZ, and the staff responded in a professional, courteous mannor immediately. They gave us another room and comped the night. When I checked in last night, Julie was amazing. She was full of smiles and so genuinely concerned about our satisfaction with the hotel. I sent my 8 year old daughter to the counter to ask for change and she did not know I was around the corner, but she actually asked her if she liked the room and was everything to her satisfaction. I manage apartment buildings and to see this kind-of customer service says the chain truly manages well! Their phone presentation was super as well, they made me feel like they really wanted me to come and stay. The room is large, with a sink in the bedroom, bathroom and wet bar area. The property is immaculate and the beds so comfortable. This is the best value in Surprise without a doubt.

• Stayed: July 2011
JRCauvin, Owner at Windmill Suites in Surprise, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2011

We will recognize the outstanding service Julie provided.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 7 June 2011

Enjoyed the breakfast, the 4pm cookies(the girls did good) and all the friendly staff.

Room Tip: Call early.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
JRCauvin, Owner at Windmill Suites in Surprise, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2011

We would like to thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent stay at our Surprise/Sun City West location.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated and will be shared with our team members.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 21 May 2011

There is'nt even a word in the Dictionary that describes how breathtaking this hotel is ! I loved the southwest motif along with modern luxury that made my stay delightful ! My 3rd floor room (suite) was equiped with a huge sitting area , 2 tvs , a kitchenette (with arch shaped bar with stools , 2 fluffy king sized beds , and the classic "hotel smell" that I love very much ! I was also impressed with the celebrity autograph pictures by the elevator in the hallway ( I remember before they rennovated the lobby they had them on the left of the front desk). I loved the emerald green color scheme in the elevators ! My only complaint is that this hotel does not have lodgenet. Most of the hotels I have stayed at has had it. I just like the stay in your room affect and watch a movie that is still in the theater. Its just a suggestion.. This hotel is in extremely good condition for its age. I believe it was was built in 1987 ? I have been staying here for 8 years a plan on comming here again !

Room Tip: If you get an upper floor get the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
JRCauvin, Owner at Windmill Suites in Surprise, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2011

Your feedback is greatly appreciated and will be shared with our team members.

Regarding movie entertainment, we currently provide free DVD Players and free movies. In addition, we are looking at installing Red Box or Blockbuster DVD rental kiosk at each location.

Again, thank you very much for your very positive feedback.