“A very comfortable place to stay...”

Windmill Suites in Surprise
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Surprise
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We had the occasion to stay here for a family funeral. This was my husband's second visit to the Windmill Suites in Surprise and my first. He knows how picky I am and he said it would not disappoint me and he was absolutely correct. We had a lot of family staying here and no one was disappointed. It is an older property but very, very well taken care of and CLEAN. Everyone at the front desk could not have been more helpful. This property has quite a history as many celebrities have stayed here back in the day. It was fun looking at all their photos hanging on the wall. Yes it is an older property but boy does it have a lot of character and not like any other hotel I've ever stayed in. Rooms were all suites and big. The pool and hot tub looked really clean but we never had the opportunity to use them. Breakfast was pretty much the usual fare but it was hot and lots of if so no complaints there. The only little negatives I found were the rubber mat in our bathtub needed replacing and also the shower curtain was a nylon one which did not dry so good. Definitely would stay there again. We were told though that come next year the property was going to be turned into one of the chain suites properties. I sure hope they do not ruin the character of the Windmill Suites in Surprise!

Room Tip: We had family staying on both the second and third floors and no one complained other than the fact...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank BessieKM
steven r, General Manager at Windmill Suites in Surprise, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Thank You so much for your wonderful comments on your stay at our Surprise hotel. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We try hard everyday to make sure all guests enjoy their stay and we are happy that you did

We can't wait to see you again soon

Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

My family from New Zealand and Colorado were visiting for my grandmother's 90th birthday. The front desk staff were fabulous in grouping our rooms together and were very friendly. We used the common area and BBQ for dinners. I was also very impressed by the level of security - little things like not giving out room keys without permission & not disclosing room numbers to anyone. Not experienced this before. Very considerate and thorough. Will certainly recommend to others.

Stayed: July 2014

Thank You for your comments we are glad you enjoyed your stay. We are so happy we were able to get your rooms together. Also Thank you for mentioning our security we put the safety of our guests very seriously.

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

We stay at the Windmill Suites about twice yearly when visiting family in Phoenix. My husband and I love this place. Comfortable homey and friendly. The grounds are gorgeous and love the ducks. Morning breakfast is very good and staff is amazing. Love saying Omar and Marilyn's friendly faces.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We have been guests for many, many times at Windmill Suites over the years since my parents live in the area. Probably have stayed at least 40 times......AND 40 times "everything" has more than met our needs. The all-room suites make for a spacious, comfortable stay. Pool area is much nicer than other 3 star hotels with the lawn & palm trees. The staff is wonderful always helpful. A truly relaxing property. Try it, you'll like it !!!

Room Tip: View rooms are completely quiet w/o hearing any car doors in parking lot.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My wife and I stayed two nights with a large group at the Windmill Suites. Everything we did with them, from the original discussions and contract to the last wave goodbye, left us anxious to return.

Some hotels struggle with the idea of a large group of youth staying at their property. Windmill Suites seems to take groups in stride and catered to us the whole time. They made it very easy to coordinate our group and were happy to help us make it happen.

Check in was painless and much easier than any of the hotels we have used previously. Kathaleen was great to work with and stayed in constant contact while we made the preparations. Everything was ready on our arrival and they went out of their way with little touches to make us feel welcome. She knows the "little things" they did and we consider them big things!

Front desk staff was always very helpful and courteous.

The business office has a couple of computers and printers available by asking for the key at the front desk.

Rooms were spacious and clean. Beds were nice and not too firm. Personally I loved the pillows. Pull out couch in each room made accommodating our group that much easier. We slept wonderfully, even with a large group staying in the same hotel...

Plenty of warm water in the shower. Two basins on our King bed room. Clean and ample sized room. We have no complaints.

Breakfast was great with waffles, eggs, sausage and a variety of juices, breads, fruit, etc. Always plenty of everything, even when feeding our 150+ group. A nice plaza outside the eating area for our group and a great grassy area where we all got together for instructions for our travel. Yet, there is also a nice eating area inside the lobby that would provide a nice quiet place to enjoy a morning coffee and watch the news, or your favorite soap, on the flat screen.

Nice sized pool area that was kept clean and inviting with plenty of towels available. Many in our group took advantage of the pool on a couple of hot Phoenix evenings.

There's also a big pond next to the property with ducks and other wildlife that kids would love.

For us, the location was perfect as part of our long travel plans. Hopefully we were good guests and didn't make it rough for anyone that happened to be in the hotel at the same time. We tried hard to keep our group quiet and respectful.

I always scratch my head when I read some of the "terrible" or "poor" comments of some posters. (Generally by someone that rarely posts.) And they pick some off the wall thing that got their knickers in a knot.

Two of my "favorites" are the quality or content of breakfast. Completely subjective in nearly every hotel we've ever stayed in. You know what, your mom doesn't work there and isn't fixing breakfast for you.

The other is the "paper thin" walls and noise complaint. If you travel at all, and haven't figured out that you are staying in a hotel, literally right next door to other people, it's time to wake up, quit expecting people to act like monks living a vow of silence, and be proactive. Current technology and "white noise" leave no room for complaints about noise in any hotel venue, anywhere. Has worked great for me for years!

Obviously we're not the only ones to think the Windmill Suites is a great place to stay and worth every penny. We will be back and I would not hesitate to have my family stay here if in the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
steven r, General Manager at Windmill Suites in Surprise, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Thank You so much for your feedback on your stay with us. We value all guests but we love our groups all the moving parts to make a large group enjoy their stay is what makes the hotel business so exciting. We loved your group both time they stayed in the two week period and already are awaiting their arrival next year.

Guest such as your group is why I personally do what I do.

Thank You again for staying at our Windmill surprise.

623-583-0133

Reviewed 7 June 2014

paid less then $85 with taxes per night, for a suite with lots of room to stretch out and relax. Rooms nicely appointed, very nice pool and hot tub, out of public view and quiet. Morning breakfast was very good - waffles, eggs, meat (bacon or sausage), biscuits an gravy, etc. Breakfast area kept very tide, staff person in attendance to take care of any needs, they even have a nice eating area under cover outside near pool to use. I had stayed here several years ago, had not used the place since, but this is now my number 1 hotel choice when I'm in Sun City West area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool area vs. one overlooking the parking lot.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Tom,

Thank you for giving us another try after a few years we are glad to be your number one when you come back. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your return.

Windmill All Suites Surprise AZ

Reviewed 29 May 2014

This was our third visit to the Windmill Suites and, once again, we really enjoyed it. The rooms are great....a good size living room with a couch, large bedroom, two dressing areas in the bathroom and a nice kitchenette with a microwave and refrigerator. It's very nicely furnished, clean, and the bed is very comfortable. The grounds are beautiful and relaxing, with a large pond in front, which you don't find to many places in the Surprise area. The staff is great, and the breakfast is very good. My sister lives in the area, and this is the perfect place for us. I highly recommend the Windmill Suites when visiting the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for yet another great review. We are glad you keep coming back and that we continue to live up to your standards. We are so excited to have you with and am glad you enjoyed your stay

Thank you for choosing the Windmill Suites in Surprise