“Helpful Staff”

Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Surprise
Escalante, Utah, United States
“Helpful Staff”
Reviewed 18 January 2013

This was day 6 on a 12-day business trip and we ended up with car trouble. The staff was helpful, thoughtful and kind. The bed was good and the room clean. Hot breakfast was fine. We were unsure when we would be mobile again, and the staff made it easy to be flexible in booking another night.,

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
California
Reviewed 8 November 2012

Very nice stay for our first night of a cross country trip, Great staff, good location, good breakfast, would stay here again as the value is excellent. We saw other reviews that were somewhat critical but we were very satisfied with our stay. Value was great. I think it all depends on your experience and your expectations. Thus hotel was a good representative of it's brand.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2012

1st don't eat the food they re cook there food day after day if its Thursday u were probably eating mondays food lady up front was slow and took her time room was nice and so was house keeper wont stay here again I rather stay in my car next time I'm in Arizona

• Stayed October 2012
Manager14872, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites of the Sun Cities, responded to this review, 3 November 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
We appreciate you taking the time to post a review on our hotel. We apoligize your stay wasn't the greatest. We assure you that our food is cooked fresh daily, in accordance with the food safety regulations by the State of Arizona. Any left over food from the day is put in the fridge for the employees for their break around 11-12pm.
El Mirage, Arizona
Reviewed 10 July 2012

My family and I stayed at this hotel which is local for us. We were looking for a nice, affordable hotel with an indoor pool so we didn't bake in the Arizona sun. This property was a great value, very clean and the staff is very friendly. Quality Inn in Surprise also offers a full continental breakfast, which we were more than pleased with. The breakfast offered make your own waffles (the kids loved this), bacon, eggs, biscuits and gravy, dry cereal, muffins, toast and a variety of fruit juice, milk and coffee. It is a small eating area, but was just fine for my family. The indoor pool was cool, but very nice if swimming during the day. A little too cool after the sun went down for me, but not the kids. The pool was clean and there were fresh towels for our use. We have stayed at this hotel three times and will frequent again. I highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: We have stayed on the 2nd floor all three times, which is much cooler than the 3rd floor. The first...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites of the Sun Cities, responded to this review, 12 July 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Qualty Inn & Suites for your recent stay in Surprise, AZ. We have read your comments about the hotel and we greatly appreciate that you took the time to write them, as our guests’ satisfaction is our main priority.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your collaboration and we hope to see you again soon at our hotel.

Mangement
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 6 May 2012

Satisfaction guaranteed my $%! Still waiting for manager to return my calls and I've been home for a week now. Food is far from a hot breakfast unless all you want to eat is waffles. The plastic egg thing was inedible. The pool was freezing cold not heated and this was the hosting hotel for the business trip we were there for. Carpets look like they haven't been cleaned in over twenty years. Very noisy.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Manager14872, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites of the Sun Cities, responded to this review, 9 May 2012
Dear valued customer,
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to complete a survey on the property. I do apoligize your stay was not wonderful. I have contacted you via email so we can discuss these issues you had during your stay at the Qualty Inn and Suites. We strive to make our guests comfortable and happy while staying with us. If you will please contact the property, we can discuss this. Thank you.
Vegas
Reviewed 25 April 2012

I booked this hotel, because I got an amazing price, and it was just one night. To my surprise, I got a room that is worth at least double what I paid. It was comfortable and extremely clean. I was more impressed with this hotel than I have been while staying at four star resorts. The room was large and cozy. I highly recommend this hotel if you are staying in the Surprise area. There is a cute indoor pool and jacuzzi, which is perfect to stay out of the hot Phoenix sun. There is also a little gym, pool tables upstairs, and a hot breakfast in the morning. You make your own waffles, but they were yummy!

Room Tip: We had a king room that had a microwave and refrigerator. I'm not sure what else they offer, bu...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Manager14872, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites of the Sun Cities, responded to this review, 3 May 2012
Dear valued guest,
We want to thank you for taking the time to write a review on our property. We are very pleased to hear you were, "very inpressed". We hope you come back and stay with us again in the near future.
North Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 29 February 2012

I stayed at this Quality Inn for one night prior to running the Ragnar Relay Del Sol in late February. The hotel was easy to find, although Greasewood did sneak up on me since it's not a major street.

I arrived around 10pm and the lady at the front desk already had my keys ready to go. I was put in room 211, which happened to be a handicapped room, which was clean and comfortable for my night's stay. The bed and sheets were immaculately clean and I couldn't spot any cleanliness issues in the bathroom either.

The only downside to the room was it overlooked the parking lot. There were some other runners staying in the hotel (and they apparently had an earlier start time than I did!) since they were packing up their van around 4:40a which ended up waking me up, but once I closed the window I couldn't hear any of the outside noise.

The hotel offered a hot breakfast, which was a welcome change from the typical hotel, and also a nice start to my day that would be spent running. Unfortunately, the eggs seemed to be powdered, which I just can't stand, and the home-fried potatoes were chewy. I ended up eating an English muffin, which worked for me. Admittedly, I'm very, very picky with my eggs, so they may be fine for most people.

The only other down side to the hotel, and I'll echo the sentiments of some other reviewers, is their $1.50 safe fee. I will say it was very easy to get the charge removed at check-out, but the practice of charging this fee seems so outdated and unscrupulous to me. This wouldn't necessarily stop me from staying here again, but I do think it makes the hotel look a bit tacky.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Surprise
Windmill Suites in Surprise
Days Inn & Suites Surprise
Comfort Inn & Suites Surprise
Quality Inn & Suites Phoenix NW-Sun City
Hampton Inn Suites Phoenix Surprise
Residence Inn Phoenix NW/Surprise

Been to Quality Inn & Suites of the Sun Cities? Share your experiences!